The Infant Optics DXR-8 digital video baby monitor is the first baby monitor in the world which is equipped with interchangeable lens and optical zoom ability. Users can choose between normal lens, wide-angle lens and optical zoom lens. Besides, as your family grows, this monitor can follow up.
It has so many advanced features including sound activated LED indicator, two-way talk ability, pan, tilt and zoom capacity and a big 3.5” LCD display, with which you can easily keep an eye on your baby and make sure not to miss a thing when you are doing some household work.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Table of Contents
Features of the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor.
- World’s first baby monitor camera with interchangeable lens. Optical zoom, normal lens are included in the pack and wide angle lens sold along.
- Users can remotely control the camera by panning or tilting it via the parent unit.
- 2.4GHz FHSS technology makes sure the security of the transmission.
- You can both talk to and hear your baby via the camera.
- Reception range is up to 700 feet.
- The sleek monitor unit contains temperature indicator, sound indicator and alarm.
- It supports up to 4 cameras at a time.
- Long battery life.
Amazing Interchangeable lens Technology
You can customize the focal length and viewing angles with the interchangeable lens feature. The biggest problem with the digital zoom is that it taps into software to simulate a closer picture of your baby, in which case the picture loses resolution and becomes unclear.
With the DXR-8 camera, you can use the optical zoom lens to watch your baby from a closer view without making a compromise on the quality of the video feed.
As your baby grows up and turns to a toddler, you may need a panoramic view of the room to watch over him or her. In this case, just shop an additional wide angle lens. and you are good to go.
Bigger LCD screen than the DXR-5 unit
The compact and adorable 3.5” LCD brings brilliance in both clarity and color. It streams real-time sound and video feed from the nursery. The image is crystal clear even in the night vision mode. A sound activated LED indicator can do some help when you are in a noisy environment. You can see the LED flash when there is sound from the baby room.
Pan and Tilt Capability
You can remotely control the camera to pan or tilt to view what you want via monitor unit. It allows you to follow your active toddler around the entire room. Besides, you can add up to 4 cameras to the monitoring system to supervise multiple babies or rooms at a time. An auto scan mode is available to switch between cameras every 12 seconds.
Two-way Talk Feature
There are built-in speakers and microphones in the system, which provide you the ability to talk to your baby. You can lull your baby to sleep by a song without the need to get to the nursery.
- The optical zoom lens gives you crystal clear close view of the baby.
- The operation is designed to be user friendly.
- It offers high-resolution, crystal clear video feed.
- The built-in temperature sensor can tell if the baby room is comfortable or not.
- Amazing customer service.
- Long battery life.
- The signal could be a little weak if there are too many brick walls between the parent unit and the camera.
- The sound is a little small and sometimes not able to stream newborn sound.
- It could have interference with other wireless household devices such as cordless phones or wireless routers.
- It is expensive
Is it right for you?
Obviously, it is not a good option for you if you are on a budget. But given all the amazing performance above, it is just perfect for those who are seeking a more convenient way to look after their babies. The exclusive interchangeable lens feature makes it a leader of the market. Together with other advanced features, the Infant Optics DXR-8 would be a worthwhile investment for your family.