The taste associated with deep fried food items is so addictive that even health conscious people couldn’t resist it. In order to get the best of the taste without compromising much of your health, make sure that the food is properly fried with no sign of under cooking.
While you are doing your deep frying, you also have to be cautious of all the hazards and dangers that are associated with it. In this way you will be able to take care of yourself and will also be aware of all important things you should be taking into consideration while frying.
Dangers associated with deep frying
Deep frying is not something which anyone can do. It requires you to have some expertise in deep frying before you can try your hand. If you are a newbie in the kitchen then you should be very cautious of the potential hazards associated with deep frying.
- The temperature of the heated oil is well over 300 degrees and you can well imagine that how severe can the consequences be if you are not careful handling it.
- While frying food in extremely hot oil, you must be aware that it can spill out due to the slippery pot or it may also splash out of the woke while frying if your frying spoon is being dipped carelessly or quickly.
- Frying oil can also be dangerous if any drop of water from your wet hands or utensils get into it. It will bubble up suddenly and can harm you severely.
- Cooking oil is highly flammable and can easily catch fire. It can burn your skin and it varies that how much oil fell on your skin. The consequences of skin burn caused with the deep frying oil are different in different parts of the body.
- As you can imagine that the hazards are much severe if caused on your face and your hands even as it can permanently make you handicapped. It can lead to a permanent loss of eyesight in case your eyes catch the boiling hot smattering frying oil.
- If you keep the food you are frying for long time in extremely hot oil or dip it when the oil is too hot, it will ruin the texture and taste of the food that is being cooked.
5 Tips to Deep Fry Safely
The following are the top 5 tips for deep frying safely at home:
- Make sure that you use a deep enough pan for deep frying. Never fill the pan with the cooking oil more than 1/3rd of its total space. In this way you will be able to avoid chances to have a splash of oil over you.
- Avoid oil contact with direct flame as it can catch fire. Further, the contact of water with the oil should also be avoided during deep frying as it can result in the same manner.
- Always try to use kitchen gloves for cooking as your hands are always in constant contact with the deep frying pan and the cooking ladle that you are using.
- The deep frying cooking always begins with the heating up of oil. You wait until it reaches a temperature of well over 300 degrees. Make sure that the food you are going to put in the boiling oil is thoroughly dried as hot oil reacts severely to water and can easily sprinkle around.
- Never leave the deep fryer while the food is still in the fryer and the heat is on. Also make sure that you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen to control any unforeseen fire instance due to deep frying.
Deep frying is a totally different thing from other types of cooking. Anyone looking for deep frying should take all the safety precautions that are discussed above. The hazards of deep frying are fatal which can lead you to a permanent disability. So be careful while frying in extremely hot oil. Never take it easy and take good care of yourself and also for food, as it will help you save yourself as well as the food will be cooked properly and beautifully without getting over cooked or under cooked.