A moving day can be stressful enough to forget the essential thing in your old house. So, what can you do to make your moving experience positive, stress-free and enjoyable for the whole family?
We’ve prepared a short list of 7 useful tips you should know to move fast and easy. And don’t forget to apply to the best moving company orange county, if you are moving to this particular region.
Must Have Moving Hacks
1. Start early. Start planning a moving process a couple weeks before. Take a few boxes, place them in different areas of your house, and start packing a little at a time. Thus, the actual day of the move will not be so stressed out. You will not have to pack a whole house in a day.
2. Label everything. If it is needed, make 2 or 3 labels on one box. For example, write “glasses, vases, and plates” or “scarves, shoes, and t-shirts”, etc. Don’t give just regular names like “kitchen”, “bathroom”, “living room”. More detailed labels will help you to know what exactly is inside of that box when you get to the new house or apartment. Usually, one room contains from 10-15 boxes, which contain different kinds of stuff.
3. If you like the decor of your old house and want to incorporate it into the new house, take pictures of those arrangements to duplicate them in the new place. For example, take pictures of the arrangements on your shelves, coffee tables, etc.
4. Pack a separate box or a suitcase with essential staff, needed for the first days at the new location. Take towels, cosmetics, chargers, toothbrushes, toilet paper, t-shirts, pyjamas, etc. Pack a cleaning basket too.
5. On a moving day, you will not have enough time to prepare a qualitative food for you and your family. Make sure you have something like bread, bananas, grapes, apples, almonds, bottled water, etc.
6. Change address of the post office. Usually, this process takes a couple of weeks. So, make sure that you do it at least 1 week before the actual day of moving. And don’t forget about online shopping. Change the address on the Amazon, so that when you buy something next time, it will get shipped to the right house or apartment. So, update your address in advance.
7. Children and pets. If you have small children or pets, ask someone from your friends to play with them, so that you will not have to interrupt the moving process on the actual moving day.
We hope that these small tips have made you inspired to pack in advance to make your moving day as pleasant as possible.