Many of you may be playing golf on a regular basis or as an activity over the weekend. You may be finding it an interesting way of interacting with other people in your society and would be seeking pleasure out of this game. But many of the health benefits that golfers can reap from this game are often neglected and many are not really aware of these benefits of playing golf. Mind, soul and body of an average golfer receives huge therapeutic benefits from this game and it could bring you out of stress and may give you an attractive support in solving everyday problems of your life. A golf game can prove effective in recovering people from various issues and can also be idyllic activity for ageing people.
Table of Contents
- Lead a longer life: Studies have proved that people who are playing golf game on a regular basis are reported to have decreased mortality rate to about 40% in comparison to others. This gives you an expected increase in life to about 5 years.
- One of the best exercises: Golf game is a great exercise for cardiovascular health. It gives you around 6 miles of walking and thus you can burn 1400 calories in a game. Not only it is good for a healthy heart but this good walk gives you lungs a nice workout. This sub-aerobic exercise of low intensity ensures good cardio and lungs health. Studies have reported that people who burn around 2,500 calories each week have decreased risk of diabetes, cancer and heart diseases. Moreover bone health is further amplified with weight bearing activities so people who carry their own golf bag get a skeletal strengthening activity each day.
- A good night sleep: Golf is a good form of exercise and this exercise on regular basis helps you to get your sleep faster and you will find yourself resting in a sound sleep for longer duration than before.
- Evaluate your visual perception: Striking a ball during golf game needs a good eye perception. So when you try to strike the white golf ball, you get to evaluate your vision by trying to locate the landing position of ball.
- Learning its unique language: When you play golf, you get to learn unique language of golfers which is as important as learning the swing, grips or learning to use a golf rangefinder. To be a good golfer, you must learn this new language used by golfers on various events.
- Stress Relief: Stress for sure is not a good feeling to have. For enhancement of your mood and for reduced stress, a golf game has proved to be really beneficial. Many of the aging people often face this unpleasant feeling of stress however when they play golf in the outside area where they get to meet people of same interest and get to interact with them, they forget about stress. Consistently playing golf has proved to keep many such people happy.
- Learn to be creative: Golf needs a lot of imagination and creativity for striking. In order to prepare for your next shot, you must imagine where your golf ball lies. This creativity and imagination skill not only reflects on your scoreboard but also in your life.
- Empowers brain: Game of golf stimulates circulation of blood in the areas of brain and it improves nerve cells’ connection. Golf swings are a challenge for your mind that needs a good strategy, concentration and co-ordination. Use of all these things in an ideal manner can add up your score.
Social and Spiritual Benefits
- Socialization: It is said that golfers become buddies over the course and thus hanging out in the form of playing a golf game with your buddies surely is great fun. While playing golf you get to interact with others and thus learn how to set yourself in a group setting. Golf is a popular social sport and it is best enjoyed when played in a group with friends or family. This game gives a great chance for interaction to people who are new to an area or who have retired and are missing going to work on a regular basis. This social activity helps them in recovering phase.
- Improves confidence and spiritual strength: Golf is considered to be one of the toughest games that needs focus and concentration on a regular basis with which you can improve each day and each week.So with time and practice as you improve or even when you witness one of your friends making a shoot to hole, it gives you a feeling of pride or confidence. Moreover you can make use of a good golf rangefinder to ease the guessing work involved in the game. High quality rangefinders are usually easy to maintain.
Golf is a safe game with less risk of injury
There is always some risk associated with games for injury but Golf is termed to have lowest injury risk as this leisurely activity doesn’t have many movements of body. Some injuries may occur but they will be only minor that mature players can easily handle. This workout activity wouldn’t give you exhaustion but will burn calories with reduced risk of injury. We recommend golfers to warm up and stretch their body before they begin to play in order to make the most out of this appealing activity.
Golf is a game of body, mind and soul. Most of the work surely is performed by body but strong concentration, focus and thought balance is required for effective playing. Golf involves strategy, logic along with a balanced brain power that makes you active enough to play the round. Moreover this physical activity is great for your heart, lungs, bones and other parts of body. It gives you a better sleep time, lowers cholesterol, burn calories, improve cardiovascular and skeletal health and the list is endless. Golf is well-known to be a leisurely sport but it is more than that. It gives you physical as well as psychological benefits that you can link for your life improvement. Review our Cheap Golf Rangefinders where you can get a cost-effective device in order to deliver your best at this game.