A toaster oven is a must have for any kitchen. As its name implies that a toaster oven is the combination of toaster and oven and it can make any kind of toast. However, unlike a traditional pop-up toaster, a toaster oven can be used to bake, broil, warm, reheat or defrost a variety of other foods. In other terms, toaster oven has lot of functionality.
A toaster oven can be used instead of a regular oven in some of the cases, and can keep your kitchen cooler as it uses less energy. Choosing a toaster oven is not so easy. There are plenty of models and various stylish designs available in toasters that it makes difficult for an individual to choose the best toaster oven.
The major problem that most of the people face is where to start from? Here are some steps on how to choose a toaster oven.
Step 1: First of all, make a decision to have a countertop model or a model that mounts under your cabinet.
If you value portability then you should choose a countertop toaster oven as these models can be stored away when not in use. There is not any kind of installation process. Also, these are inexpensive. On the other hand, choose a built-in toaster oven if you want to free up counter space in your kitchen.
Step 2: Consider the space where you will place your toaster oven.
If you are planning to store it when not in use, then measure your storage space as well as your counter space.
Step 3: Measure the distance of your toaster oven and the nearest outlet.
This is very important step as if you use an extension cord with a toaster oven then it might be a fire hazard. So it is very important to plug the unit directly into the wall. For this purpose, look out for a toaster oven that has a long cord enough to reach your outlet.
Step 4: Look out the features in a toaster oven which are important for an individual perspective.
Following are some of the features to consider:
- Removable racks are important feature. As it will give you more flexibility in the size of dishes you can use in your toaster oven.
- Pick a toaster oven with an electronic touchpad control with respective to easy cleaning. Electronic touchpads are often easier to keep clean than dials as they are flat and have no grooves. This will avoid collecting debris. They also provide more precise settings than dials.
- Check out the functions available in a toaster oven. Prefer to buy toaster with settings that allow you to defrost, warm or reheat food.
- Choose a toaster oven with a broil setting if you frequently cook meat.
- Consider a toaster oven which has a light on the inside as it will allow you to see your food while cooking. This is an especially valuable feature for time-sensitive tasks like broiling or melting cheese.
Step 5: Browse internet for finding reviews on toaster oven. This will allow you to buy genuine product.
Step 6: Finally, shop for your toaster oven.
Discount stores, department stores, warehouse stores, online stores and cooking product stores all are good places to purchase toaster ovens. The size, brand and number of features are the key variables that decide the price of a toaster oven.
Read more related post: Ways To Make Toast