Deep frying at home has become very popular as of late, as more and more people look to make life in the kitchen easier while still preparing delicious foods for the family. Deep frying is enjoyable, and ensures that delicious foods come out of the kitchen and onto the plates of your family.
It is very important to remember that cleaning the deep fryer basket is a job that must be done on a regular basis in order to continue preparing those foods that you want to cook. Cleaning the deep fryer basket isn’t a difficult job, although there is a proper way that it must be done. Continue reading to learn the right way to clean your deep fryer basket.
Table of Contents
What you need to Clean a Deep Fryer Basket
There are just a few items that will be needed to clean your deep fryer basket. It is important to have those items on hand before you start cleaning to reduce the time that it takes to clean. You will need the following items:
- Dish liquid or soap
- Paper Towels
- Time (it doesn’t take a great deal of time, but you do need to make sure that you have set aside 30 – 45 minutes for completion.)
There are just a few items needed to clean the deep fryer basket, as you can see from this small list.
Why Should you Clean a Deep Fryer Basket
There are a number of reasons that you should clean the deep fryer basket on a regular basis. First of all, cleaning the basket will ensure that you get the maximum lifetime from the basket. A basket that is left dirty will wear down much quicker than a basket that has been cleaned. You will also want to ensure that you regularly clean the basket to help the taste of the foods. If you’ve ever went to a fast food restaurant and had fries that tasted ‘old’ or weren’t crisp, there is a good chance that it was partially due to baskets that had built-up oil and food on them.
Issues when Cleaning a Deep Fryer Basket
The biggest issue that will be encountered when cleaning a deep fryer basket is trouble removing oil from the edges. The built-up oil can certainly pose a challenge when you are cleaning, so be sure that you have a quality soap or dish liquid at your disposal to remove this oil.
Precautions for Cleaning a Deep Fryer basket
There are a few important precautions that should be taken when you are cleaning a deep fryer basket. Taking these precautions ensures that you are staying safe as you clean.
First, make sure that you unplug the device before attempting to clean it. A machine that is plugged into electricity can cause electrocution to occur.
If you have used the basket recently, make sure that the oil has also had the time to cool before you start cleaning.
Also remember not to submerge the whole deep fryer into water because doing so can damage the machine.
Step by Step Guide to Cleaning your Deep Fryer Basket
As mentioned, there is a proper way to clean the deep fryer basket. Following that method will ensure that you get your basket as clean as possible while also reducing the amount of time that it takes to get the job done.
Following the proper cleaning steps will also ensure that you do not cause any kind of damage to the basket or the machine. Here are the steps that should be completed when you are cleaning your deep fryer basket.
- Drain all of the oil out of the machine.
- Remove the basket from the deep fryer.
- Using your paper towel, wipe off the excess oil from the basket.
- Place the basket inside of your sink. If you would like, filling the sink with warm, soapy water ahead of item can give you a heads up on cleaning the device.
- Using your sponge and detergent, begin wiping the bottom of the basket and working your way around.
- Pay special attention to the side of the basket where food particles are typically accumulated.
- Place the basket back inside of the warm, soapy water if you have elected this step. Allow the basket to soak while you clean the actual deep fryer.
- To clean the deep fryer, use the sponge to clean residue off of the machine.
- Pay special attention to the heating element and gently clean if you notice food particles and debris has built-up.
- Wipe the exterior of the basket. You can use either the paper towels or the sponge to complete this step.
- Once you have wiped the entire machine down, remove the basket from the water. Also make sure to rinse all of the soap from the basket.
- Place the basket on a dish drain or towel and allow to air dry. Make sure that you do not put the basket back inside of the machine if it is still wet. Oil and water are not friends, and there is danger of the two meeting.
Cleaning your deep fryer basket on a regular basis will reduce the hassle that is caused when it is time to clean the machine. Since food particles will not be able to build-up as much when you clean the device regularly, it is only within your best interest to clean it often. The duration of cleaning should be based upon how often you use the machine.
As you can see, cleaning the deep fryer basket and machine is not difficult at all, and takes only a short amount of time to complete. There are many advantages associated with cleaning the basket, and there is no question that you will enjoy all of those different advantages as they come your way. Be sure to follow these 12 steps and clean your deep fryer basket to perfection! It is just that simple and just that easy.If you like this article, please rate it.