Do you always feel embarrassed or annoyed by the mere thought of your smelly feet? Are you always afraid of taking your shoes off in public? Or are you tired of always having close family members complain and make fun of you over your personal hygiene practices.
Well, if stinky feet have compromised your level of self confidence then you are about to find out how to get rid of foot odor. Below is an overview of some basic information coupled with tips all of which will help you get rid of foot odor.
Causes Of Foot Odor
In order to understand how to get rid of foot odor completely, it is first off important to familiarize yourself with the actual causes of foot odor.
As strange as it may sound, foot odor is mainly caused by fairly natural and relatively minor problem in personal hygiene. In fact, it is estimated that roughly one in six people suffer from this condition every day. More specifically, foot odor is caused by the action of bacteria growing rapidly on feet which is most of the time sweaty.
It is important to understand the fact that regardless of the relationship between sweating of the feet and feet odor, it is the increase in bacteria which usually cause foot odor.
Foot Odor Remedy
Having stinky feet can be very embarrassing, this being the case, failing o do something about it can lead to a condition which will haunt you for long. To help get rid of foot odor simply adhere to the following.
- Buy and wear shoes designed using special breathable material. This is very important because it will reduce the sweat from the feet and also increase room within the shoes for air circulation.
- Put on absorbent socks such as cotton socks or the moisture smart socks. These types of socks are very good because they are extremely effective in absorbing perspiration while at the same time helping keep the feet dry. In addition to the above, change your socks more often and always make sure that they are dry.
- Always wash your feet thoroughly before and after putting on shoes. If possible use warm water and soap to wash and while doing so pay close attention to the spaces in between the toes as they have been found to perfect breeding grounds for bacteria. In addition to the above, after drying the feet properly, apply some foot powder just before putting on your socks and shoes. Doing all this will go a long way in helping prevent sweat plus it will limit the speed of bacterial growth.
- Make it a habit to properly dry your feet– immediately after showering as well as washing the feet, it is strongly advised that you take time to carefully and thoroughly dry your feet in order to get rid of any moisture which may still be left over from the shower session. While drying the feet, it is also strongly advised that you focus on the spaces in between the toes as they have been found o be a perfect breeding ground for bacteria which when combines with sweat causes foot odor.
- Occasionally soak your feet in black tea, vinegar bath or salt water. This process is very important because it will help relax the feet and significantly reduce bacterial growth around the feet.
- Use hand sanitizers frequently- hand sanitizers have been found to be very effective in helping get rid of germs. This being the case, using them on the feet serves as a guarantee to significantly limit the growth of bacteria which has already been mentioned is the primary cause for foot odor once it mixes with sweat around the feet, or feet which in most cases stays damp for long periods. In addition to simply killing germs the hand sanitizer will also go a long way in helping make sure that the feet remain comfortable and smelling nice.
- Applying talcum powder – this powder is an astringent, this means it will help properly dry out the feet as a result significantly reducing the presence of sweat which is responsible for causing foot odor.
The above mentioned foot odor remedies serve as a guarantee to provide relief from foot odor. If you have been looking forward to learning how to get rid of foot odor then adhering to the above remedies is one of the best ways to completely get rid of the condition.