An out break of hives is usually triggered by an allergic reaction. To know for sure what caused your hive out break, you need to be aware of any and all allergies you may have. Many people do not know they are allergic to anything, until they experience an out break or reaction of some kind.
Without any obvious signs of allergies, many people dont get tested for things they may possibly be allergic to. After all, why would you get tested for something you may not have? But, when an abnormal growth or adverse reaction occurs, these people will see their doctor to find out what happened.
An Allergic Reaction
When your body comes in contact with something it is allergic to, your natural defences kick in to fight off the intruder. Identifying the exact cause can be difficult. Make a list of anything you ate or touched immediately before the break out began. Extend this list to include everything within the past few days.
An allergic reaction is not always immediate. Sometimes there is an incubation period that can last from a few minutes to a few days. This type of hive out break will generally run its course within less than a week. For some people, the itching and discomfort can last much longer. It all depends of your personal chemical make-up and the extent of exposure.
To get rid of hives faster, you can try some over the counter allergy medications or home remedies such as a cool bath, cold compresses or camomile lotion. These remedies will ease the itch and help your hives heal.
Stress Related Hives
Stress can take a terrible toll on your body. High blood pressure, heart disease and some types of cancer are all believed to be caused by too much stress. Ulcers and hives can also come from too much stress in your life.
To relieve your hives caused by stress, the best thing you can do is relax. Try these techniques to help you relax:
- Soak in a warm tub of water mixed with soothing agents such as oatmeal or sea salt.
- Sit in a quiet place with a hot cup of green tea.
- Take a nap.
- Do some low impact yoga or tia chi exercises.
- Light some scented candles and relax in a cool, quiet place.
Getting Rid of Hives on Your Body
Some hive out breaks only affect a small area like the face or upper arms, while others spread over your entire body. The more area the infection covers, the harder it is to clear up. For this type of hives, you need a full body treatment. This includes a thorough cleansing. Follow these steps to clear up your hives:
- Soak in a tub of luke warm water – dont make the water too hot as this could make your hives worse.
- Gently wash the infected areas with a wash cloth or gentle sponge and a mild soap.
- Pat dry, do not rub. It is very important to not rub the hives.
- Apply a gentle lotion to all of the infected areas. The best lotion is one made from natural aloe vera.
- Relax and do not scratch.