It can be said that there are several ways on how to get rid of kidney stones. Some of those way outs are going to be discussed henceforth.
Table of Contents
Methods on how to get rid of kidney stones
1. Drinking a lot of water
It can be suggested that you should drink a lot of water along with other fluid stuffs. It can be considered as one of the most effective home remedies for kidney stones. Basically, in taking a lot of fluid will simply result in making your body urinate even more. This will eventually help the kidney stone to be passed out. Make sure that you are drinking enough water per day. If that color of your urine becomes light yellow or clear then it will signify the same. This is also an answer to the question on how to prevent kidney stones.
2. Proper dieting
A proper kidney stones diet is very important and hence can be recommended for getting over this problem. Try to include magnesium into the diet. It has been noticed that magnesium deficiency in human body is connected to the development of kidney stones. Magnesium prevents calcium to get combined with oxalate and develop such stones. Thus magnesium deficiency can be treated amongst those things what causes kidney stones and needs to be fulfilled accordingly. Try to take leafy vegetables that contain magnesium like:
- Spinach, cauliflower etc.
- Black beans etc.
Intaking of foods like the following is highly recommended as home remedies for kidney stones:
- Leafy green vegetables (except the aforesaid ones)
- Fruits (cherries specially recommended)
- Foods containing vitamin C in high quantity
3. Things to be avoided
It is strongly suggested that you should stay away from sugar, corn syrup and soda while you are being in kidney stones diet. Generally sugar opposes the ability of the human body to absorb magnesium and calcium what causes kidney stones formation. Also, those foods that should be avoided in such cases are mainly:
- Red meat
- Fishes like mackerel, herring etc.
- Necessary fatty acids
- Rice, pasta etc.
If you are wondering about how to prevent kidney stones by some other ways, then it can be stated that doing some exercise will surely help in this matter. Just perform some regular workouts for at least half an hour per day. Cardiovascular exercises, jogging or biking prevent your bones from releasing calcium in excess content and this is how to get rid of kidney stones for you. This procedure does not happen when you do not perform any such regular exercises. If you cannot do such exercise for any reason then at least walking for half an hour a day will also do.
5. Information about kidney stones treatment
- Few meds are being used to raise the kidney stones treatment involve calcium channel blockers as well as alpha blockers. These medications might be suggested to people having stones not passing via urinary tract on a faster note.
- There are some kidney stones unable to pass the urinary tract even after using such medications. In such cases, a procedure namely lithotripsy is being prescribed. The procedure uses shock waves to break apart the large kidney stones into tiny pieces to be passed easily via urinary system.
- Last but not the least; various surgical procedures have been developed for removal of kidney stones. The kidney stone surgery proves fruitful when all other treatment procedures fail. During the kidney stone surgery, small whole is made into the skin using ureteroscope which passes in the course of bladder and urethra.
- Treatment procedures actually involve many factors – the patient’s size, stone passage, stone’s size, prostate enlargement and pregnancy. Kidney stones having size over 9-10 mm hardly pass lacking any particular treatment. So, there are numerous ways on how to get rid of kidney stones.
6. Knowing about the kidney stones symptoms
Some kidney stones might not reveal any pains which are referred to as silent stones. However, people often suffer the kidney stones pain in abdomen, groin, lower back or side areas. Even changing bodily position never stops the pain. It might be critical to be accompanied by vomiting and nausea.
The kidney stones symptoms also include bloody urine, broken bones, chills and fever. This kidney pain has been demonstrated by many patients as the worst thing ever.
7. Different types of kidney stones
There are basically four types of kidney stones which include the following:
- Calcium Stones
- Uric Acid Stones
- Struvite Stones and
- Cystine Stones
8. Make sure you do not own the same case history
You need to be watchful enough if you have any such previous case history regarding. The studies, in the past, have revealed that 50% patients are seen to suffer the kidney stones pain again subsequent to 7 years after the first case. If you were a sufferer in the past then ensure to be cautious in preventative measures for recurrence.