For a good game of golf, you need to practice and must have some good equipment including proper attire, suitable ball and a good laser rangefinder.
However if you do not have a good swing technique for playing, you would not be able to play a good game. There are varied aspects of a good technique of swing including stance, back swing and follow through.
In this article we will discuss all these aspects in detail and would give you tips for correct swing technique that would to play like an experienced professional.
Table of Contents
Varied Aspects of Golf Swing Technique
Having a good control over your ball in golf game is important and balance and stance directly link to the control. You may be able to make a great speed swing that would easily take your golf ball farther but your ball may not hit the target. For proper stance, you must have your feet around shoulder width apart along your weight resting on your feet balls lightly. Have your foot close to target with a distance of around some inches. Opposite foot must be directed towards targets’ vertical spot. Give your arms a light stretch and have a grasp on target making a V-shape. The club should in your stance center and its face must be towards the target.
2. Back Swing:
Back swing is not directly connected to the ball but it is associated with power and control of your play. Having a strong golf club grip and a smooth extended club would prove beneficial for a good swing. In order to make it right, you should have your hands over your shoulder with target in opposite direction and as you do that you must turn your back towards the target. Keep your body balanced with weight balanced and swing controlled.
3. Follow Through:
Whole swing can be ruined if you don’t have a proper follow through. You should keep rotating your hips and hit the ball according to your target. Your right shoulder must be lowered than your left one. Hands should rest over shoulder and it should remain close to target. Some minor issues with your swing can lead to a shot that would be off from your target. In order to get complete accuracy of hitting target and correct distance measurements, you must learn to prepare a correct swing technique for golf. For exact measurement of distances, you can opt for some of the best laser rangefinders such as Bushnell range finding devices that would aid you in playing like a pro.
Some steps to follow for a proper Golf Swing Technique:
In this section, we have shared some of the steps that are recommended by professionals for a correct swing technique. You need to have golf clubs and golf balls for learning to make a swing.
- Have a grip in fingers rather than gripping the palm. Apply a medium pressure for a perfect grip. Too tight a grip will have a negative impact on your golf ball when released.
- Have a proper posture with knees flexed and leaned towards the ball in order to hit the ball right. Arms must be hanged down without any pressure and your knees must be over feet with shoulders over them. Your body weight must be towards heels. The golf ball must be placed inside the front foot with feet must be apart at a shoulders’ distance for ideal drive.
- Target must be focused and any obstacles must be taken in to account when deciding where you want to hit the ball. Have a target line and align club face and body according to that line. An intermediary target may be required between ball and target in order to make sure that you keep your shot in line.
- Turn your shoulders to take the club back with left arm straight or slightly bent without any pressure. Arms should be moved back along with the club so that left shoulder remains under chin.
- Wrists should be kept cocked in the downswing until possible. When you make a contact with the golf ball, ideally wrists will be released and your weight will shift to feet. In case of square hit, it would move to front foot so make sure you maintain your balance.
Tips for correct Golf Swing Technique:
- In the process of determining target line, you must consider curve of the fairway and conditions of wind.
- As you hold gripping on the club, it should be firm but not so tight that you may strain your arms and body.
- Your hips, feet and shoulders must be aligned in parallel to your target line. Have your legs relaxed with some distance apart.
Setup is fundamental:
Many of the golfers try to improve their game and they focus on various leading concepts for success. One of the most important fundamental for a full proper swing which is often overlooked by golfers is the setup. Setup and address positions must be good in order to make a sound swing. A good setup and position would enable you to have proper balance, will create power and would offer you a complete control over direction of your shot. All aspects of swing are affected by body position and placement of feet. A good swing evolves from a proper setup and this impact must be kept in mind as you stack up your position.
Many of the professional golf players have reached the height of success with the level of a swing they play during their games and that is why they have gained fame. However those new comers can learn technically good swings by following these guidelines and tips along with the use of a golf rangefinder for distance determination. Following key steps for swing, you can get in the form of making accurate driving ranges and thus you will be able to make a proper swing.