People across the globe are becoming concerned about global warming and increase in earth temperature and trying to adopt maximum measures to control it up to an extent. Due to increase in the number of vehicles on the road, pollution is increasing affecting our environment. It forced people to start using electric scooters in day daily work routine which will be helpful in saving our environment up to an extent. It is gaining popularity from kids to youngsters and people of every generation. There are two benefits of using electric scooter –one it helps in saving money spent on fuel and other is pollution control on our planet earth. These scooters are very easy to ride and not a much more efforts to maintain it.
Table of Contents
Misconception – Can I ride an electric scooter under the rain?
There is a misconception among people about the electric scooter that when it comes in the contact of water the molecules of the scooter explode whereas it is very untrue. Electric scooters are safe to use and can be used easily, even in the rainy days too. It is the best vehicle for your outdoor trips and works well on every type of surface from a rocky to a flat one. It consists of hundred percent safe brake systems providing high trust factor to the driver.
Things to consider before buying a scooter
- Speed required to commute within the city
One of the best things about the electric scooter is that the speed of the vehicle is excellent which is needed in the city. It can reach up to 40mph while driving in the city.
- Extra speed can be arranged
Now you must be thinking about the extra speed required at the time of emergency. Don’t worry, while driving an electric scooter you can get some extra speed at the time of heavy traffic which is even safe and helpful to avoid danger while driving.
- Safety features in the scooter
Always check the safety features available in the electric scooter because these are usually used by children and youngsters who are always in a hurry and shortage of time while driving any type of vehicle.
- Tires quality
A good scooter possesses good quality tires, which provide excellent grip on the road while driving.
- Hand operated brakes
If you are looking for the speed factor in the scooter, then brakes also play a vital role in the safety of your kid or family member.
There are many people who love to design their personal electric scooter according to their requirements and affordability. So are you among those who love to get a personalized touch in their electric scooter. Before starting designing a scooter, you need to understand the type of scooters available in the market and which one fulfills your requirement.
Types of scooters are
- Some scooters have a pedal which is activated with the help of a motor. It also has a seat to sit comfortably while driving.
- Some scooters do not have any seat or pedal and are usually controlled with the help of a throttle. These are primarily designed for kids who can comfortably stand on the footrest and ride it quickly.
- There are specially designed scooters for handicapped people and aged people to get their freedom and space at their own convenience. These scooters are battery operated and can be started easily by only pressing a button.
Now, understand what type of parts will be required to build up an electric scooter efficiently.
- Battery Charger Port,
- Speed Controller,
- Battery Pack,
- A simple push scooter,
- Rectangular pieces of wood,
- Hand brakes.
Parts are also dependent on the purpose for you will be using the scooter, like for a flat surface driving a small motor or a controller will be sufficient. But if you will be riding it on hills more powerful parts will be used for the proper functioning of the electric scooter.
Design a quality electric scooter – Step by Step
- Remove the brake pedal of the simple scooter.
- Add friction to your drill.
- Add the drilling platform to the simple scooter.
- Tie the drill at a position where it will be touching the wheel of the scooter.
- The knot should be very tight to avoid any accident while driving. Take a test before actually driving on the road.
- Now with the help of cable wire and hand breaks add throttle in it.
- Your electric scooter is ready for a test drive.
You can take help of various online tutorial videos available on the internet, which will be helpful in guiding you the process to build an electric scooter with the help of visualization. Always take test drives in safe places before actually taking it on the road. Some errors are bound to happen and while on the road at the time in an emergency you will not be able to control the scooter. So better is to take multiple test drives by different people to check the functionality of the scooter properly.
There are many riders who love to give a personalized look to their scooters by pasting pictures and different accessories comfortable while driving the scooter.