When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Knowing how to get rid of back acne is important. We know that having to live with back acne can put you in embarrassing situations where you will feel self conscious. You might even have a hard time showing it to a doctor. Understand that back acne treatment is not going to be the same as it would for facial acne, because it is going to take a lot more to get rid of it. There are a lot of people who have back acne who ignore it, and this causes the scarring to only get worse.
Table of Contents
1. Why Back Acne Is Not The Same As Facial Acne
Back acne, even though it does happen a lot, is not at all similar to facial acne. However, back acne can be a lot more severe and painful. It can cause a person to have a hard time wearing a shirt, laying down on their back at night, or even using certain cleaning products when they are in the shower.
Back acne happens primarily because there are pores on the back that are much bigger than those on the face. These pores make far more oil than those on the face. Seeing as how these pores are bigger, it means a larger quantity of skin cells are going to be made as a result. This is going to lead to the pores being clogged up, and acne is going to occur as a result. When it does it can be very visible and cause you to want to hide it from view. This is also what causes back acne in women.
The skin on your face and back are also not the same. Skin that is on the back is far more thicker in nature, and it is also tougher than facial skin. As a result this means back some back acne products and treatments you might use for your face are not going to work as good on the back.
2. Knowing How To Get Rid Of Back Acne By Taking Preventative Measures
The best thing you can do in order to keep the problem of back acne at bay would be for you to prevent the problem from occurring in the first place. If you have it already you can also take measures in order to avoid the condition getting worse or causing long term scarring. The first thing you will want to do is monitor how much you sweat, because sweat that becomes dry on your skin can cause back acne. You also have to be careful of dirt and bacteria that might be on places you sleep. You should clean these areas frequently. If you like to workout for instance, make sure you put a clean towel on the bench or mat you will be using.
If you expose your back to bacteria and other germs these are going to serve to clog your pores even more and make it likely you will get back acne. If you want to know how to get rid of back acne one thing you have to do is use clean towels, make sure your sheets are clean, do not wear tight clothes, instead wear loose cloths that are going to make way for sweat to dry and air to get through to the body.
3. Back Acne Treatment You Can Use
In order to prevent the problem of back acne you will need to keep your skin as clean as possible. Washing is a must, but you must also make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Avoid sodas and other sugary drinks. Make sure you are keeping your skin properly moisturized, and use a bath scrubber in order to help get rid of dead skin cells. This will encourage new skin growth and prevent scarring.
There are lots of people who believe getting a facial pack for their back might actually work to treat the problem, such as it would for the face. In some cases it might, because when used it will ensure there will be no dirt clogging up the pores on the back, which lead to pimples and full blown acne. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
4. Product Treatments You Can Use For Back Acne
- A few products you might want to try would include vitamin E, which is known to have a lot of benefits for the skin. You will also want to try some Aloe Vera, which is best used alongside Vitamin E. Aloe Vera is known to contain healing abilities and it helps to reduce acne scars. Aloe Vera will serve to help reduce instances of swelling as well as redness that comes with back acne.
- If you want stronger treatments you might want to consider utilizing medicated creams. Some of these creams would include Benzoyl peroxide or even salicylic acid. You will want to make sure you follow the instructions really well when using one of these products. Also, these two products are not to be used alongside each other.
- You can also try natural treatments, which are known to be less risky. Some of these might not produce any results for you, but they are worth a try. Apple cider vinegar is something you might want to try, because it is supposed to eliminate bacteria and it helps to restore the Ph balance of the skin. Tea Tree Oil also works to treat skin problems, because it helps to fight off bacterias that are known to cause break out. You would need to make sure you use this treatment frequently.
5. Dealing With Back Acne Scars
If you are plagued with back acne scars, you will want to utilize treatments that are offered through a medical professional. Microdermabrasion for example can help get rid of acne scars. It is a chemical peel process that involved scrubbing and cleaning the back. Then you have acne laser treatment, which helps to eliminate the redness that comes with scarring.
Back acne treatment is going to have different effects based on the severity of a given case. Knowing how to get rid of back acne though by focusing on cleanliness is a good first step. The information listed in this article, besides the methods to treat back acne scars, should provide you with a basic plan to know how to get rid of back acne.