When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Weed eaters are some really great tools to have around the house if you’re looking to do some landscaping.
They are used for trimming your lawn, maintaining those straight edges, cutting down weeds, and even for cutting back bushes too; it’s a tool that every professional landscaper has in their arsenal.
Weed eaters are really convenient to use because they are small, durable, lightweight, and most important of all, they can get to places that other machines such as a lawn mower simply can’t get to.
These gardening tools come in a variety of shapes, designs, and sizes too, not to mention that they differ in the way they are powered too; some are powered by an extension cord, some by battery, and others by gas.
Those powered by gas are often more powerful than the other options, so powerful that the string used for trimming spins so fast that it can take the bark right off of a pine tree!
All of that being said weed eaters aren’t exactly the cheapest thing to buy and that’s because these things are very nifty, they are rugged, and they get the job done.
The price will depend on how many features your weed eater has and what the power output is as well.
An electric weed eater will go anywhere from $40 to $100 U.S Dollars however these tend to be quite a bit cheaper than a gas powered model.
Since gas powered ones tend to be preferred due to their increased power and versatility the can go anywhere from $100 to $400 U.S Dollars.
Table of Contents
Take These Things Into Consideration When Restringing Your Weed Eater
- You need to push the lock button and then spin the feed wheel in a counter clockwise direction.
- If your weed eater has a security device ring then remove it.
- Disable the auto feed button.
- Remove any dirt and debris present.
- Push down the spool as far as possible to disengage the locking tabs.
- Take the feed spool out of the holding chamber.
Steps To Restring Your Weed Eater
- Feed the new line through the interior deck.
- Keep feeding the line through in an inverted J fashion.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the feed chamber.
- Keep feeding the line until you have filled the chamber.
- Protect each line with the premade grooves in the fill chamber.
- Put the spool back inside the holding chamber.
- Feed the string through the trimmer head holes.
- Firmly secure the spool into place.
- Pull the ends tight
- If your weed whacker has a security ring then put it back on.
Here is a video on how to restring your weed eater:
Instructions On Your Weed Eater
- Depending on the size of the job you are doing you will want to pick the appropriate weed whacker; for smaller jobs an electric or battery powered model will do. And for a bigger job a gas powered weed eater is better.
- Actually plan out and map where you are going to be trimming so you don’t end up ruining your garden; use a chalk outline if you must.
- Always wear protection such as gloves, long pants, long sleeves, shoes, and goggles too; weed eaters can seed debris flying your way.
- Turn on your weed eater; if you have a gas powered model make sure it is fully fuelled and if it is battery powered then make sure the battery is fully charged.
- Make small sweeping motions from side to side to trim the lawn.
Read more related product reviews