“My advice: Don’t waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world,” Meryl Streep, one of Hollywood’s most versatile actresses of all time, once said. Who doesn’t love Meryl Streep, and she does have a point about the world’s obsession with vanity. Still, we don’t think that your skin has to be neglected. With the right combination of well chosen skincare regimen developed with the best that skincare science can offer today, beautiful skin has never been as accessible as it is today.
The best skincare treatments for your skin
The many risks and irreversible accidents caused by cosmetic surgery procedures have quickly given rise to the development and domination of non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures today. Now that these have gathered momentum, you can only expect that the best is yet to come.
Here are the top 7 skincare trends for you to know and to try this 2017:
1. DIY Skincare Devices. When once the motto in achieving youthful skin as people aged was, “no pain, no gain,” the theme has quickly shifted to “all gain, no pain”. DIY Skincare devices are making it possible for you to skip your dermatologist appointments all together. You can, instead, opt to take home beauty devices.
There will be more of these DIY treatments available soon. For now, you should take advantage of devices that are already available to help you solve your skin issues, from how to get rid of wrinkles to maintaining your dewier, healthier skin. Check out microdermabrasion home kits and microneedling devices which make skin cell turnover happen much faster. You might also be interested to see how a blue light and red light therapy device can help you heal acne and acne marks or, how a handheld laser light or LED device can keep your skin tight and firm. They’re all yours to harness.
2. Stem cell technology. Stem cells were first grafted surgically then implanted on problematic organs of the body to promote faster healing. Then, the technology was adopted for the skin to keep it healthier and wrinkle-free. These days, it is typical to find products that boast about being founded on stem cell technology. These products do not use human cells, however. Instead, plant stem cells are infused in anti-aging creams.
Most lack evidence of claims but, a handful of these products are backed by extensive research that prove that this technology does work to correct imperfections common of ageing skin while simultaneously protecting it from deterioration.
3. Bee venom. Bee venom, which can be deadly when bees sting you, can be harvested and applied on your face. This action causes your skin to produce more collagen as more blood rushes to the surface of the skin as your skin’s reflex reaction a possible damage.
4. Snail mucus. Korean technology has successfully penetrated the global market. Among the skincare ingredients that captured our curiosity last year is the use of snail mucus. This year, expect both in-clinic and spa procedures, and products that use snail mucus as the primary treatment ingredient. It has been claimed to simultaneously exfoliate skin and cause skin renewal to happen very quickly. It is snail goo and it is good for you.
5. Focal Acne Scar Treatment (FAST). The new acne treatment to take give acne challenged skin a much longed for headway against acne and scarring is finally here. A laser treatment technology popularized by Dr. Eric Schweiger of the Schweiger Dermatology Group, combines fractional CO2 laser treatment with fraxel treatment. This procedure now specifically targets areas of the skin where acne scarring causes both marks and dents.
FAST will provide a good addition to your acne treatment choices which now includes Cosmelan, Enlighten and PicoSure.
6. More laser treatments. Just when you think you’ve seen plenty of laser skincare treatments at this point, brace yourself because laser treatments will become much more targeted, like FAST, soon enough. The forerunners, including Cutera XLV laser for rosacea-prone skin, have been proving their worth.
7. Probiotic skincare products. The still growing popularity of all-natural skincare treatments have been taken all the way to addressing the balance of micro flora and fauna on your skin surface. Expect more skincare products with probiotics.
Video : Skincare Do’s and Don’ts for Healthy Skin
Skincare science is ripe. Now, all that you are left with is to make an informed, well-thought out choice for the benefit of your skin.