A person driving under influence must have a good idea of what kind of fines he will have to pay, what punishment will be for a serious traffic accident if he is charged with a violation of driving rules and the state of alcohol intoxication is proved.
To avoid probable problems you should consult Toronto criminal lawyers who can provide professional advice.
In all countries, there is a definite threshold for the level of alcohol in a person’s blood and if the level is exceeded, it is considered a crime. The driver, suspected of drunk driving, will have to pass diagnostic procedures and will lose a lot of time. How can you avoid this?
How is the driver charged with alcohol intoxication?
The traffic police officer has three ways to prove this:
- The driver acknowledges the fact that he has taken at least a small dose of alcohol.
- There will be a report on the violation of traffic rules in a state of intoxication.
- The traffic police officer uses a breathalyzer to determine the presence of alcohol in the driver’s blood.
How can a DUI lawyer help the driver? Under what conditions it is possible to avoid being deprived of a driver’s license?
In the process of medical examination for alcohol, many protocols will be drawn up. Sometimes they are likely to have various inaccuracies and violations by traffic police and medical personnel.
The most common cases are:
- the absence of witnesses in the examination of the detained driver, which is absolutely not permissible by law;
– violation of procedural rules when drafting a protocol (most often there are no names of witnesses or their signatures);
- there is no special license number of the doctor who conducted the examination of the documents.
There are other nuances, but in order to understand everything well, you have to hire a professional lawyer.
If a person is confident that he did not violate any laws and did not take alcohol while driving, he can try to defend himself in court. But this rarely happens, only when the detainee is a lawyer by profession and knows all the laws and by-laws.
However, if you do not know the laws quite well, you’d better hire a lawyer.
The lawyer can take the following steps:
- he will look for discrepancies and procedural errors in the documents;
- check the devices which the intoxication test was made with;
- will be able to conduct the process in the absence of a client in the courtroom;
- will conduct a survey of witnesses in the case;
- perform a direct examination of the traffic police officer in the courtroom.
If you are in such a situation, do not panic. It is better to consult Mississauga DUI lawyers. They will help you, no matter how heavy the case may be.
If a driver used alcohol before driving, it is necessary to take all possible actions that can contribute to the excretion of alcohol from the body.
Mass Tsang LLP
- 1810 Avenue Road, Suite 200
- M5M 3Z2
- (416) 781-1148.