My little boy once told me that he would love to bring the world back to our home. He made the statement after we spent several days enjoying the outdoors.
We went on a climbing expenditure, hiked along several rocky trails and stayed out at a campground for a night while gazing at the stars above us. We even watched the ocean waves together while sitting on a large cliff.
Because my child loves the outdoors, I know a lot about giving gifts that he can enjoy. If you have an outdoorsy child too, the gifts listed below are all great options to consider for your little one.
Get Some Good Gear
If your child is going to spend a lot of time outside, he or she will need the right kind of gear. Instead of buying the imitation stuff that is made for toddlers, invest in some high-quality products that your kid will actually enjoy using outside. Some great gear options include:
1. Headlamps. Even when exploring in the dark, your child will be able to see where he or she is going. The Black Diamond Wiz is just one of several headlamps that you can purchase.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
2. Walking poles. These poles are ideal for children who like to explore what is on the ground beneath them. While walking, your little one can poke around with the pole, whether you are on a hiking trail or at the campground.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
3. Hydration backpack. Staying hydrated while outdoors is important. Your child can carry around this backpack with some of the basic necessities while also having easy access to some fresh water.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
4. First aid kit. Injuries can happen at times. And, while they may not be that serious, your kid could end up needing to wrap up a wound or even clean out a cut. A small kit would be the perfect addition to the hydration backpack.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
5. Digital camera. Who does not love to take pictures of all the wonderful sights they are seeing? Allow your little one to take pictures of the beautiful scenery to show off to friends and family who will love to see the images that have been captured.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Aside from these options, there are several other great gifts to consider buying for your kid, including a comfortable sleeping bad, climbing/hiking shoes and a tent for camping. Choose items that you can afford and know your kid will love.
See more related gift ideas