Warm weather means that you can enjoy cool ocean breezes, napping in a hammock, and sipping a tall glass of lemonade. However, there one thing that hinder you fully enjoying this wonderful gift of summer it is dehydration or the deficiency of water in the body.
Water is important to the body, which is the obvious thing especially when it comes to warm weather. It prevents the body from overheating. To remain hydrated, you need to get rid of that heat from your body. The easiest way to let the body discards heat during warm weather is by sweat. Since sweat can help reducing body’s temperature and somehow drive toxins out of your body. The problem is, once you spot sweat, it is the time that you need to provide more water intake or you might have to suffer from dehydration.
Table of Contents
- 1. Drink Water – How to Prevent Dehydration
- 2. Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine – How to Prevent Dehydration
- 3. Juice – How to Prevent Dehydration
- 4. Stay Out of the Sun – How to Prevent Dehydration
- 5. Yogurt – How to Prevent Dehydration
- 6. Coconut Water – How to Prevent Dehydration
- 7. Bananas – How to Prevent Dehydration
1. Drink Water – How to Prevent Dehydration
It is highly recommended that you drink five 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Even though everyone’s demands are different, it is clearly shown that elderly that drinks at least 6 glasses of water has lower rates of heart disease.
2. Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine – How to Prevent Dehydration
It really tempting to think of ice cold cocktail — complete with a little paper umbrella on the beach, however, it is not at all good for your body. Since there’s alcohol in it make your body more dehydrated even more. If it is impossible to have barbecue without a brew, it is highly recommended that you drink a bottle of water. It is more health to your body though.
3. Juice – How to Prevent Dehydration
Generally speaking, all natural fruits with no added sugar work great in keeping you stay hydrated and active during summer breeze. You can either drink fresh fruit juice from fruits in your fridge. However, if you find no time to prepare fresh juice, any type of canned fruit that labeled ‘no added sugar’ will work.
The preferred juice you can always reach for is cranberry juice, which has health benefits of cranberry juice you should know.
4. Stay Out of the Sun – How to Prevent Dehydration
It is obvious that you stay away from the sun as much as possible especially during peak hours of sunlight when the temperatures and UV rays are at their highest, which is around 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. It is best to take a nap and stay cool inside your house.
And once the heat and humidity are at their highest, it is the ideal time to go out and playing some sports. Remember to avoid water sports are as chances are, you might have to suffer from overheated.
5. Yogurt – How to Prevent Dehydration
If you find the symptoms of diarrhea or vomiting due to dehydration, you would rather go for yogurt. It has high concentration of electrolytes. Besides, it can also foster digestive system with beneficial live cultures.
- Consume one to few cups of fresh yogurt a day.
- Alternatively, you can add small amount of cheese in it to bring the taste and further benefits.
6. Coconut Water – How to Prevent Dehydration
Having a glass of coconut water can also is another wonderful choice to get rid of dehydration.
It is recommended that you drink one or two glasses of coconut water a day on daily basis.
If you cannot manage to find coocnut water, coocnut oil will also do the trick.
7. Bananas – How to Prevent Dehydration
Bananas never upset your stomach, plus it can also keep your body stay hydrated and energetic thanks to its wonderful source of minerals like potassium in the body. Fortunately, these ingredients are available in bananas.
Eating at least 2 – 3 bananas a day is highly recommended.