The main causes of stretch marks are generally pregnancy, trying to lose or gain weight extensively in less amount of the time, stress, hereditary factors or may be any other change in physical condition. They are the pinkish or purplish line on the body and are generally found in the abdominal region, shoulder or stomach, etc. The reason behind the occurrence of stretch marks on the body are whenever there is excessive weight gain or loss or in pregnancy, the skin extends beyond the elasticity it can handle and as a result the dermis of the skin breaks and stretch marks can be seen on the skin. The real job is to find out a solution to the problem how to reduce stretch marks. These lines are very stubborn and they take lots of time and effort in order to disappear from the body.
Over stretching of skin is the main reason behind the stretch marks. Collagen is the main support of the skin that holds it together so whenever there is over stretching of the skin, the flow of collagen is broken and thus interrupting the supply to the skin. Due to the break in the supply of the collagen skin breaks as all the necessary support required for holding the skin together is interrupted.
Table of Contents
How To Reduce Stretch Marks Step by Step Formula
There are various factors that should be avoided in order to protect the body from having the stretch marks. These factors are as follows:
- Sudden rise and fall in body weight should be avoided:
While doing exercises the person should always consult a trainer so that the exercises are not affecting the body in an adverse way. Sometimes due to exercises the body losses or gain weight in no time, which breaks the skin and thus responsible for the stretch marks on the body.
- The skin should always be moisturized properly:
The moisturizers generally contain vitamin A and hyaluronic acid, the combination of these two things is a very good solution for the stretch marks. Proper application of the moisturizer should be done regularly, applying it twice a day can help in achieving the most appropriate result.
- Vitamins should be taken regularly:
Vitamin A and E should be taken in everyday’s diet as these are the main content required to make the skin healthy. There are many options available that can help to maintain the vitamin content in the body like having fruits, vegetable or taking multivitamin tablets every day. Thus, by having vitamin A and E regularly, stretch marks can be avoided.
- Scrubbing of the skin should be done regularly:
The scrubbing is very important for the skin as it helps in removing the dead skin and thus in turn responsible for their growth of the new skin. The thing that should be taken care while scrubbing is that it should not be done in excess amount. Doing it once in 2 weeks is going to help in the fading of stretch marks.
- Liquid intake should be done in huge amount:
Liquids should be taken in proper amounts during pregnancy in order to protect the skin from stretch marks.
The main question is how to reduce stretch marks? There are two ways that can be followed depending on the person’s choice, one is by using natural products and other is artificial products. Both the ways have their own pros and corns. They are as follows:
Few things that a person should know before opting for natural therapy for reducing stretch marks are as follows:
- The natural way of reducing the stretch marks is a long term process that requires a lot of patience. If a person chooses natural remedies for reducing the stretch mark, then the process should be done regularly without any discontinuation. Although it is quite a long process, but then it is a natural and permanent cure for the stretch marks.
- The best thing about opting for the natural remedies is that it does not have any side effects as it is using all the Eco friendly materials.
The facts that should be kept in mind before start using the artificial ways to reduce stretch marks.
- Artificial ways for reducing stretch marks can be very fast and we can see the results very soon, but these remedies may contain some chemical or toxic products so the person using it should have the complete idea about the process to use to avoid any kind of reactions.
- Artificial remedies are very effective, but since they involve the use of chemicals there can be the possibility of allergies, so it much be used with lot of care.
- It is always suggested to consult a doctor before start using the artificial remedies for stretch marks in order to avoid any kind of problem caused due to ignorance.
The solutions to how to reduce stretch marks by using the natural remedies
- Applying egg whites:
Applying egg whites to the skin is very effective for the stretch marks as eggs are very rich in proteins. This process of applying egg should be done 3 times a day.
- Potato Juice:
Potato is very good for skin as it is rich in minerals, thus applying the juice of potato on skin is going to help in fading of stretch marks. All that needs to be done is to take a potato, slice it down into medium size pieces and then rub on the stretch marks. When the juice is dried it should be washed with Luke warm water.
There are many types of oils that can be applied on the skin in order to get rid of the stretch marks like Olive oil, Vitamin E oil, or Castor oil etc. These oils contain vitamins which help in reducing the stretch marks.
- Sugar Scrub:
Mixing of sugar with almond oil is very good for skin so just rubbing the mixture on the skin and then washing it after 10 minutes will help in the fading of stretch marks
- Lemon Juice:
Lemon contains vitamin C which helps in removing the stretch marks. It is more effective if it is mixed with Glycolic acid.
Taking lots of water helps in reducing the skin problems, including stretch marks as water keeps the body hydrated. It is also recommended to reduce the intake of coffee or tea as it dehydrates the body.
The solutions for how to reduce stretch marks by using artificial remedies are as follows
- Applying lots of lotion on the stretch mark:
Applying a lot of moisture content on the stretch mark regularly like Vaseline or a lotion is going to help in fading of the stretch mark. This process of reducing the stretch marks is usually applied on the new stretch marks and will not be much effective on the old ones.
- Retinoic acid cream application is effective on the stretch mark
Applying Retinoic acid cream on the stretch marks is quite effective in reducing them. The person should avoid the sun after using this cream as a precaution. This cream is also more effective on the new stretch marks and less on the older ones.