Portability is one of the best features of some dishwasher models today, which is the reason why you should start researching about who needs a portable dishwasher and determining if buying this type is the best solution for your somewhat unending piles of dirty dishes. Portable dishwashers are perfect for:
- Newlyweds or young couples without children,
- Small family with a maximum of three members,
- Those who live in apartments or who have small kitchen spaces,
- Those who wish to own a machine which can be easily transferred from one spot to another,
- Those who are just renting a home.
If you are any of the above, then you should start checking out portable dishwasher reviews to give you an idea which to choose. The following tips can also help you out during the selection process:
- Find out if the portable type is what you really need. You are a candidate for this dishwasher model if you cannot renovate your kitchen, if your kitchen space cannot accommodate a built-in dishwasher or if you are just renting. Determine if the portable type really suits your needs so you will be satisfied with your choice.
- Know your preferred size. When choosing the size of your dishwasher, consider the amount of space in the area where you intend to place it too. Portable dishwasher models are usually eighteen inches wide. It is also advisable to move or carry the appliance before finally buying it. This will prevent you from buying a unit which is too heavy.
- Think about the best capacity for your needs. The best capacity for you will be dependent upon the number of kitchen items and dishes that you plan to load into the unit. Portable units are usually smaller than the built-in versions, but you can still find brands and models that have as much capacity as the built-in types.
- Check out the features. If possible, go for a unit with a tub made of stainless steel since this material can prevent cracks and rust. The best portable dishwashers are also those that have multiple wash cycles such as the hold and rinse cycles. It is also advisable to check out the rack features installed in a unit. Decide whether what you need is a dishwasher which features a removable upper rack or one with an adjustable rack. Portable dishwashers with advanced features like delayed start function are also worth the money.
- Consider the design. A portable dishwasher typically comes with finished tops and sides. When choosing the design, think about your kitchen’s theme and decorations. Your choice of finish, design, and color must match the overall look of your kitchen.