People suffer from belly fat due to hereditary factors or, in most cases, abdominal fat can accumulate due to unhealthy lifestyle or poor eating habits or lack of regular exercise.
People who want to obtain great looking abs should follow proper belly workout and slim belly diet, and should definitely try to make some healthy lifestyle changes.
It is key that you put in time and dedication to get great looking abs, as it is quite challenging to strengthen the core muscles of your body and to lose body fat. To get great abs you have to lose abdominal fat and strengthen the muscle, and you can get a flat, great looking ab by following a proper diet and exercise daily.
There are many latest state-of-the-art abdominal belts that claim to give you a flat belly without diet and exercise, but these are not magic belts – you have to follow proper diet and exercise regimen along with using these abdominal belts to get good results.
Slim belly belts help you to reduce belly fat to a certain extent, but they are not the complete solution. Here are a few tips for adopting a healthy lifestyle which will definitely help you on your journey to your dream waistline.
8 Top Tips for Healthy Lifestyle to Have Great Looking Abs
1. Cardio Workouts: The first Important thing you have to do to get six pack abs is to lose the fat over your abdomen. If you workout hard and get beautiful ab muscles, the fat layer may hide them, and all your efforts will be in vain.
Thus cardio workouts are key in shedding the extra belly fat and allowing your newly sculpted abs to shine from beneath. Cardio workouts like fast walking, running, jogging, dancing, rowing and bike riding are what you should go for, depending on your preference.
2. Eat Breakfast: Most of the people skip breakfast as they do not have the time for it, but this is harmful for your body and your energy level.
When you skip breakfast, in order to lose weight, you tend to eat a big lunch as your body has been fasting for a long time. Heavy lunch makes you feel drowsy, so you are inactive and unproductive.
If you do not have the time to prepare elaborate breakfasts, you can at least eat some cereals that are healthy and do not need time for preparation. Breakfast bars, smoothies, apples or yoghurts are better than starting your day with an empty stomach.
Ideally you should have a big breakfast, smaller lunch and the smallest dinner.
3. Eat Smaller Dinners: As you are probably not very much active after dinner, large dinners will affect negatively the fat loss process.
A large lunch or a healthy snack before dinner will help you curb appetite. A handful of healthy nuts, or a bowl of fresh seasonal fruits or vegetables can be a good choice here.
Drinking a glass of water before dinner can help you feel full and reduce your food intake at this time of day.
4. Weight Lifting: Your body can burn more calories even while you are resting if you increase the muscle level in your body composition. In your transition to healthier food you will probably decrease your intake of calories, thus losing muscle mass.
To avoid this you should practice resistance training, ideally with weights. If you do only cardiovascular exercise and no weight training, you may lose muscle mass, including your ab muscle, and your metabolism may slow down.
5. Steady Metabolism: Your metabolism can be kept steady by taking small meals every three hours. Lean protein will help prevent your body from breaking down the muscles for fuel, and also help steady metabolism.
6. Drink More Water: If you are exercising heavily and sweating a lot, you will have to replace your salts and your fluids. Drink a lot of water, as it helps to flush out the toxins from your body. Water can be supplemented with sports drinks and potassium rich fruits like apples and bananas.
7. Whole Grain Diet: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates that speed up the burning of fat, so try to include whole grains and avoid processed products in your diet. Cut down on high calorie foods like soda, sugary stuff, highly processed food, junk food, pasta, burgers, pizza, etc., as these items contain unhealthy calories that will build body fat and increase the risk of obesity. Fiber rich foods can help you on your journey to a flat belly.
8. Ab Workouts: People with abdominal fat quite often follow a healthy diet plan, but do not follow the workout part. It is hard to lose abdominal fat naturally without a balanced diet and proper exercise.
Do crunches, squat with twist, body rotations, planks, bicycle crunches, bridges, leg raises, double leg stretch and sit-ups that target your abdominal muscle.
People suffering from belly fat must strictly follow a healthy diet plan and workout routine as they are at higher risk of obesity-related diseases like high blood pressure, stroke, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, heart problems, sleep apnea, metabolic syndrome, and so on.
Healthy lifestyle is also necessary along with diet and exercise, so sleep on time as right sleeping habits will reduce diseases. Proper sleeping pattern enhances your immune system as well.