Finding the ideal hair growth product could be a huge problem. There are various options available in the market that you could avail. There are also many home based remedies for hair fall which are effective and safe. But before using any of these hair regrowth products you must identify the cause of your hair fall. This will help you to seek a better solution for the problem.
Table of Contents
- What are the different reasons for hair fall?
- What are the different hair regrowth products?
- 1. Natural hair growth products
- 2. Vitamin and iron supplements
- 3. Hair fall control shampoos
- 4. Hair loss creams
- 5. Hair fall control Medicines
- 6. Other methods that lead to hair growth
- Tips to select the best shampoo for hair loss
- 1. Identify your hair type
- 2. Consult a dermatologist
- 3. Make sure you use a mild shampoo with conditioner
- 4. Best shampoo for hair loss will have these ingredients on the pack
- Hair regrowth shampoo for men
- Why do men lose hair?
- What is a hair regrowth shampoo?
- What are the ingredients present in these hair growth shampoos?
- Why should men use hair regeneration shampoos?
What are the different reasons for hair fall?
What are the different hair regrowth products?
There are various products available in the market that promote hair growth and reduces hair fall. Here is a look at some of those products.
1. Natural hair growth products
Before you use any cosmetic or medical product try out all the natural and home based products. The biggest benefit of using a natural or home based product is that it is safe and economical. It is also very easy to find these items.
- Essential oils
There are many essential oils that have a very positive impact on hair rejuvenation. You could use jojoba oil, lavender oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, olive oil, sage oil etc. These essential oils are also used in many hair regrowth products that are available over the counter. They are extremely soothing for your scalp and repair any kind of damage caused to both the scalp and hair. They are also very soothing and helpful in releasing stress.
- Pack for the hair
You could use natural food items from your pantry to make an effective pack for the hair. Various items like potato juice, apple cider vinegar, egg, onion juice, coconut milk, olive oil soaked with cumin seed, peppercorn and lime juice, garlic and olive oil etc. could be used as a pack. These products are safe and cheap. They are very good hair growing agents and could be used by both men and women.
2. Vitamin and iron supplements
There are certain conditions when hair loss occurs due to a vitamin deficiency. It could be because you have been suffering from a major illness or you were on a very strict diet to lose weight. In such a scenario it is ideal to have vitamin supplements. You will get these vitamin supplements from any local store and you could buy them over the counter. However, it is advisable that you consult a doctor before consuming them.
- Vitamin A is very good for hair growth however too much consumption of this vitamin could lead to a reverse effect as well. If you have too much Vitamin A you might start losing more hair. So you must be careful with this dosage and consult a dermatologist.
- Vitamin B is great for blood circulation in the scalp. This will increase hair growth and also make the quality of your hair very good.
- Another essential vitamin for hair growth is vitamin E. you could take supplements or incorporate food items in your diet that is a rich source of this vitamin.
People who are anemic and lack iron content in their body end up losing a lot of hair as well. Lack of iron makes their hair week and easily breakable. If you have identified the cause for your hair loss as iron deficiency then simply taking iron supplements and iron-enriched diet which will help your hair to re-grow.
3. Hair fall control shampoos
Hair fall control shampoos are one of the most popular hair regrowth products. Many people all across the world use hair fall control shampoos. Here are some of the reasons why it is so popular.
- There are various types of hair fall shampoos that are available for different hair types. So whether you have oily hair, dry hair or normal hair you could use these shampoos.
- Generally, the hair loss control shampoos are mild in nature that could be used regularly.
- This is a regular hair care product that you could use without any change in your lifestyle.
- This is a safe hair growth product that does not have any harmful side effects.
- Using shampoos is a cheap form of hair care product, unlike other medications and methods that are way more expensive.
- These products are readily available in the market.
- There are certain medicated shampoos meant for special scalp conditions. You could consult a dermatologist if you have severe dandruff problem or dry scalp problem. You will get specially prescribed shampoos that will deal with the specific problem.
4. Hair loss creams
Many cosmetic companies have come up with hair loss creams. They are again a very safe and effective way of hair regeneration. Especially if you have identified the hair loss problem in its early stage then the cream could be very useful. They are known to start the hair growth process really fast. In fact, you will start seeing changes in a matter of weeks. They clean the scalp, improve blood circulation on the scalp and activate the hair growth cycle.
The composition of these creams is mostly herbal and natural ingredients that have no side effects. Again like the shampoos, these creams are also easily available at any cosmetic store. Using the hair loss cream is also very easy. You need to massage the cream into your scalp in a circular motion. This will help to increase the blood circulation and open the pores on your scalp.
For best results, you could leave the cream overnight and wash off in the morning. This is just one way of using a hair fall cream, different creams come with different directions for use. You must follow the directions carefully for best results.
5. Hair fall control Medicines
When hair loss occurs due to heredity, hormones or any other medical condition that cannot be treated by cosmetic means then you could use medications. There are many different types of medicines available in the market that is composed according to the various conditions that lead to hair loss. The most common reason for using medication is alopecia. This is a condition that is common in men. They start to lose hair because of hormonal imbalances and genetics. It is difficult for cosmetic or other natural ingredients to deal with alopecia. However, there are many medicines that have been designed to deal with this state of the scalp.
There are cases of female androgenic alopecia as well. There are separate medicines available for this condition in females because they have different hormones than males and need a separate medical composition for the treatment. It is highly advisable that you consult a doctor before consuming any medicines for hair growth.
There are other topical medicines that you could apply on the scalp as well. They are extremely effective because they are directly applied on the affected area on your head. Again you must consult a doctor before using these medicines on your scalp. Some of the popular topical medicines are Minoxidil, Ketoconazole, Flutamide, Anti-androgens etc.
6. Other methods that lead to hair growth
Apart from the hair regrowth products that have been mentioned there are other methods of hair regeneration as well. They are laser hair therapy and hair transplant. These two methods have become popular over the years. It has been proven that these methods are safe and effective if you take all the necessary precautions and post session care seriously. Laser therapy is far simpler compared to hair transplant which is a proper operation. Before you choose to do any of these you must try all the above-mentioned products.
Tips to select the best shampoo for hair loss
Hair loss could quickly turn into baldness if not treated on time. As soon as you realize that you have a hair fall problem start taking care of your scalp and hair. At the earliest stage hair loss could be prevented with a regular hair care routine if the problem is not hormone related. At times hair loss occurs due to certain hormonal imbalances which could be dealt with medication. Other than that generally hair loss occurs for these reasons:
- Unhealthy scalp condition,
- Lack of balanced diet,
- Lack of proper hair care.
If you are facing hair fall problems for any of the above-mentioned reasons then you must use the best shampoo for hair loss to control it. There are so many different brands of shampoo available in the market that it could get a little confusing to select the right one for you. Here are some tips that will help you to select the most suited hair loss shampoo for yourself.
1. Identify your hair type
Before you pick up a hair fall shampoo you must identify your hair type. There are different shampoos made for different hair types. It could be harmful to the health of your hair if you pick a wrong shampoo. For example, if you have dry hair and you start using a shampoo meant for people with oily hair then your hair will turn even more dry and brittle. It will cause breakage and split ends. It will also lead to a very dry scalp condition. Therefore identify your type which could be dry, oily or normal and choose the shampoo accordingly.
2. Consult a dermatologist
If you are planning to use a medicated shampoo then you must consult a dermatologist before you start using it. There are some medicated hair fall shampoos that are highly effective for severe cases of dandruff and other hair conditions. A consultation will ensure that you are using the right product which is safe for you.
3. Make sure you use a mild shampoo with conditioner
Even if you are using herbal hair fall shampoo you must choose a mild one. Regularly shampooing your hair will lead to the dry and rough scalp. The ends of the hair will also get dry and start splitting if the shampoo is too strong. Along with the shampoo being mild make sure that it has conditioner. If you have very dry hair then you might use a separate conditioner along with the shampoo.
4. Best shampoo for hair loss will have these ingredients on the pack
Though different hair fall shampoos have different compositions you could still look out for these ingredients in the best shampoo for hair loss.
- Minoxidil – this is an ingredient that is present in popular hair fall shampoos. Minoxidil is a great hair regenerating agent that has a positive impact on common baldness for men as well.
- Aloe vera – aloe vera soothes and nourishes the scalp. It is one of the best natural treatments for your scalp.
- Vitamin A and B complex – for excellent hair quality and volume you must check if the shampoo has these vitamins.
- Tea tree – this is an extremely effective ingredient for dandruff related problems.