Acne is a difficult problem facing many men and women today including both teens and adults. So what is the best acne spot treatment?
While there are many acne treatments available on the market today, only some of them actually work. This article will explain some basic facts about skincare and shares some tips to help you get rid of acne and better yet, avoid it in the first place.
1. Epidermis Layer
Human skin is the largest and arguably one of the most important organs of the human body. The skin or epidermis covers the bones and the muscles of the body with three distinct layers and protects the fragile internal organs.
The skin may be the easiest organ to see yet it is one of the most complicated organs of the human body and contains a number of components such as blood vessels, melanocytes, sweat glands which all serve important functions. The skin provides protection, sensation, heat regulation, absorption, excretion and most importantly an aesthetic value to the human body. The epidermis layer undergoes a lot of stress and pressure when it comes to performing its functions.
Having beautiful skin is a highly admired trait and is a very important asset for a woman in particular. The 21st-century woman is a fashion oriented and beauty driven woman who wants to ensure that she looks beautiful and presentable. These days it’s becoming more difficult to maintain healthy skin because of busy schedules as well as pollution.
2. How Acne Forms
Unfortunately, persistent acne is a problem that almost every individual faces at some point. Men, women, teenagers and adults are all likely to have trouble getting rid of acne redness at one time or another during their lives.
Acne vulgaris, more commonly known as acne, is a skin condition which is identified by the blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and oily skin on the forehead, cheeks, and nose due to abundant secretion of sebum and oil by the sebaceous glands. Acne generally occurs after puberty in both the sexes, due to hormonal imbalance and changes in lifestyle.
The condition is marked by red, puss-filled pimples over the body, which are often painful and runny. In addition to this, if picked or popped, pimples can also leave a permanent mark or scar. About 80 percent of people from all over the world have struggled with these types of acne breakouts.
3. Best Acne Spot Treatment Tips
There are many ways to prevent acne and preventing the root cause of acne and treating it before it becomes a problem is always the best acne spot treatment of all.
If you already have bright red pimples and splotchy areas found on your face, back, neck, shoulders and arms then the following are a few of the best acne treatment tips available and you are sure to find them helpful in treating your breakouts.
- Ice Packs: When suffering from intense acne breakouts, you can apply ice packs to the affected area to bring down the swelling and discomfort.
- Bio-oil: Bio-oil is a useful acne treatment as this medically formulated oil is specially created to cure acne spots. Just apply directly to your pimples.
- Benzoyl peroxide: This ingredient is found in a number of creams, which can be used to treat acne spots. This cream provides not only a cover up, which hides the acne, it also helps to shed the upper layer of the skin in a very natural way which removes the acne.
- Proactive solutions: These medically created solutions of face wash; toner and creams are widely used across the globe for treating acne and acne scars. These over the counter solutions can help treat your existing acne.
In addition to these tips, various natural remedies are also used for treating acne scars such as coconut oil, neem leaves and much more. Used in combination, these are some of the best acne spot treatments and they will help set you on the path to acne free skin.