When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Your colored hair needs to be protected and preserved, to make them look more beautiful, attractive, shiny and healthy. For this, you need a good shampoo appropriate for your colored hair.
Choosing a right shampoo is many times confusing as every product and brand says they are best in the market. So, a buyer really gets confused which product he should buy.
For this, we are here to help you know how to find a best shampoo for your colored hair and how a shampoo can help you make your colored hair more healthy and beautiful.
So, here, you will find some effective tips that will help you enhance the color as well as you will also find some tips to find best shampoo available in the market.
If you are looking to buy online, then you can check out some of our expert recommended shampoos in the list mentioned below.
Table of Contents
- Best Shampoo for Colored Hair of 2020 Reviews
- 3 Main problems after Hair coloring
- Before giving further advice and tips, we would like to ensure some of the things.
- There are mainly 4 things that affects your hair color
- Hair color preserving….
- Choose a Best shampoo for colored hair by referring points mentioned below
- 1. Avoid products that contain
- 2. Sulfate free Shampoo
- 3. Shampoo PH level 4.5 to 5.5
- 4. Products that dry your hair
- 5. Shampoo with Moisture and Protein
Best Shampoo for Colored Hair of 2020 Reviews
1. Pureology Anti-Fade Complex Hydrate Shampoo
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
2. Redken Color Extend Shampoo
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
3. ORIBE Shampoo for Beautiful Color
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
4. Aquage Color Protecting Shampoo
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
5. Lanza Healing Color Care Color-preserving Trauma Treatment
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
These all are some of the best shampoos that are very effective, comes in budget and are well known.
Coloring your hair from the best saloon or using a better product will only give you a color base, it does not ensure that your hair will look very beautiful or attractive for long period of time.
To make this happen, you need to take some measures after you are done with coloring.
Here, a good shampoo can play a great role, but you may also need to do some extra care for a certain period of time after coloring, to maintain the beauty and color.
3 Main problems after Hair coloring
Dryness – Many People Notice their hair to be dry and loosen up their natural moisture.
Roughness – Hair becomes rough and makes it hard to comb.
Tangling – It may cause tangles, which irritates a lot.
You can read more issues from Wikipedia Source.
Before giving further advice and tips, we would like to ensure some of the things.
1. We assume that you have gone through a proper consultation with an expert when you colored your hair. [If you are planning to color your hair, then you must consult an expert before proceeding. ]
2. We assume that you have colored your hair from a good salon and with an appropriate product because it will help you in making your hair color more strong and effective.
3. We assume that your hair absorbed the colors well, because many people have their hair textures that don’t absorb the colors very easily.
Now, if the basic things are correct, then the rest of the things are very easy. You just need to be aware of some points that we are going to tell you further.
There are mainly 4 things that affects your hair color
2. Wrong Hair Product (Shampoo and Conditioner)
3. Sun exposure
4. Air Pollution
Water and a wrong product are mainly two things that effects your hair externally, mainly your roots and texture. Sun exposure and pollution also affects, but that is almost negligible.
Hair color preserving….
This is very important, as mentioned above, it won’t work just by coloring your hair . Your colored hair are most be prone to fading. Yes, it is a fact that if you don’t take certain precautions your hair color might fade very quickly. You need to maintain and preserve the absorbed color to make your hair look beautiful for the long run. So, for this, you need a good shampoo and conditioner that will preserve your absorbed color.
So, how to select a good shampoo for preserving the color. For choosing a product (shampoo), you need to look into the following things.
Choose a Best shampoo for colored hair by referring points mentioned below
1. Avoid products that contain
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfates (S.L.S)
These ingredients not only create problems for your hair, but it also affects your skin and scalp. Sometime these ingredients leads to skin cancer also. So, avoid shampoo that contains these ingredients.
2. Sulfate free Shampoo
Sulfate in shampoo can lead to color fading. You will find a lot of shampoos that contain sulfate. The main purpose of adding sulfate as an ingredient in the shampoo is for deep cleansing your hair and scalp. But, Sulfate is harmful for hair color as it fades the absorbed colors with its usage. So, choose a shampoo which is sulfate free.
3. Shampoo PH level 4.5 to 5.5
You must use a shampoo which maintains its PH level form 4.5 to 5.5. This is very important for protecting your hair from color fading. It is because a natural human hair posses a PH level of 4.5 to 5.5. But, when we wash our hair with normal water, it have chances of disturbing our hair PH level because the water PH level is 7. So, for overcoming this, we need a shampoo that helps in maintaining our PH level.
4. Products that dry your hair
This is a possible problem that a lot of people face after coloring (dryness). The main reason is water and a wrong shampoo. So, you must look for shampoos that won’t make your hair go dry.
5. Shampoo with Moisture and Protein
These two ingredients are very important and must be there in a shampoo you choose. These two things make your hair healthy, shiny and beautiful. A right balance of Moisture and protein is very important.
So, these are some points that you should consider while buying a shampoo for colored hair, this will help you to find a best shampoo. Now, if you are looking for proper hair wash tips, then you can refer this.
Some other hair care tips
1. Avoid going in sun exposure and air pollution
These two things can really affect your hair color, So avoid going in sun exposure for some days.
2. Avoid using many chemical products
We all know that chemicals can damage our hair. So, after using colors, it is more dangerous to use other chemical products. These chemical products are hair gels, sprays, mousse, or any other products. So, avoid using them at least for some period of time.
3. Proper protein intake from diet
Protein is very important for hair growth. After coloring, hair get damaged a bit. So, to recover it, protein intake is very important in the diet. You must have a protein rich diet.
4. Use good conditioner after hair wash
Conditioner after a shampoo wash is very important as it gives an extra nourishment. You can refer some sources mentioned below to find a best conditioner for your colored hair.
So, these are some points that can help you find a best shampoo for colored hair. As well as you can follow the tips mentioned above for extra care.
Read more related product review: