Like a magic wand, the flat iron can conjure magic tricks of its own provided that its user is familiar and careful with it.
A good flat iron could turn your hair into an elegantly styled weave in no time but it could also turn your crowning glory into a nightmarish do if you do not use it responsibly.
Aside from using a flat iron carefully, you must also be familiar with the kind of flat iron you are using, especially its features.
Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.com
Not all flat irons are alike and not all flat irons were made to function for all kinds of hair types, lengths, and textures.
In fact, some flat irons perform much better when used on hair they were intended for and correspondingly, some flat irons do not function properly at all when used on the wrong kind of hair.
Wouldn’t it be a waste to spend money on a device that does not perform the way it should?
We’ve prepared a top 10 best flat iron list and a short guide that will help you pick the right flat iron for your hair so you need not go through all the unnecessary fuss of dealing with the “wrong” flat iron.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Our Pick for Best Flat Irons 2017
- Top 10 Best Flat Irons Reviews
- 1. Best Flat Iron for for thick and curly hair
- 2. Best Flat Iron for managing frizz
- 3. Best Flat Iron for fine hair
- 4. Best Flat Iron for tight hair
- 5. Best Flat Iron for hair affected by humidity
- 6. Best Flat Iron for wavy hair
- 7. Best Flat Iron for frizzy hair
- 8. Best Flat Iron for heavy usage
- 9. Best Flat Iron for thick and wavy hair
- 10. Best Flat Iron for lasting results
- Things to consider before buying a flat iron
- 1. The effectiveness of a flat iron depends on your hair length
- 2. Your hair type and texture
- 3. Natural or treated?
- 4. Hair volume (thickness or thinness of hair)
- Best Flat Iron Buyer's Guide
- Flat Iron Technology
- Power and Heat
- Plate size
- Weight and Ergonomics
- Benefits of using a hair straightener
- How to use a hair straightener
Top 3 Our Pick for Best Flat Irons 2017
Top 10 Best Flat Irons Reviews
When researching flat irons and going over reviews, it helps to have a comprehensive overview of the different kinds of flat irons and their most distinguishing characteristics. This review covers the Top 10 Flat Irons as they are rated by consumer reviews.
Finding the right flat iron can be challenging, especially as there are so many choices in the market, and so many different hair types with varying needs. Use this top ten list to find the best one for you.
The best choice is Remington S5500 Digital Anti-Static Ceramic Hair Straightener, 1-Inch, Purple
The best flat iron for fine hair is Solia Professional 1 ¼ “Ceramic Flat Iron
Top choice is BaByliss Pro BABNT4073T Nano Titanium-Plated Wet-To-Dry Hair Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron, 1.5 Inch
The best flat iron for hair affected by mumidity is IZUTECH Flat Iron Ktx450
The best choice is Bio Ionic OnePass Iron, 1 Inch, 25.90 oz
HIS Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron, with Glove, Pouch and Travel Size Agran Oil Leave in Hair is the first choice
The best is Karmin G3 Salon Professional 1” ceramic hair straightener
The best is Rusk RSK732 Professional Str8 Titanium-Infused Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 ¼ inch
The best choice is BaByliss Pro BABNT3072 Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron, 1 Inch
Now that you are aware of all the basics and you have your checklist, you are ready to shop. The great thing is that a flat iron isn’t really something you need to try on, so you can shop online for even better deals and you can often get free shipping as well.