Making homemade ice cream is really a fantastic way to spend some free time. It is not a tough task especially if you have an ice cream maker. Some people would like to try creating their own homemade ice cream but were discouraged because of their lack of an ice cream maker. Yes, having an ice cream maker definitely helps but having patience and passion is what will make you achieve what you’ve always wanted. So don’t let the lack of an ice cream maker stop you from making your beloved homemade ice cream.
Homemade ice cream was already being enjoyed by a lot of people even before the invention of an ice cream maker. If you feel that you want to make your own homemade ice cream, then feel free to do it.
Homemade ice cream using mango for flavor is one thing you can try. What you need are the following:
- 2 cups of ripe mangoes cut into small cubes,
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract or lemon juice,
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 3/4 cup milk.
Here is how to produce homemade ice cream manually
- First is to put the mango cubes in a blender with the lemon juice and a quarter cup of sugar. Puree them until the consistency of the mixture is really smooth.
- After that, set it aside for a couple of minutes for you to attend to your other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the milk, cream and the rest of the sugar and stir the mixture carefully.
- Next, make sure that the sugar is really dissolved. Slowly add in the mango puree and continue stirring carefully to ensure that the ingredients are mixed well.
- Then, pour the mixture into a wide container with an airtight cover and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Next, transfer it to the freezer and let it stay there for 30 minutes. After half an hour, remove it and beat it with an electric mixer until the mixture has a smooth texture.
- Then, put it back to the freezer again but this time let it stay for 40 minutes. Remove the mixture from the freezer again and beat it with an electric mixer. Put it back in the freezer again for another 40 minutes. Repeat the beat-freezer cycle several times until your homemade ice cream is too frozen to beat.
- Finally, you can then let it freeze for 3 to 4 hours and then enjoy the homemade ice cream that you have just created.
Ice Cream Recipe for Kids
Making a dessert with a simple ice cream recipe with your kids is simply rewarding. The task is not difficult at all. Just choose any ice cream recipe and follow the steps with the help of your kids and you’ll have quality time with them.
For starters, choose a simple ice cream recipe which will not be a headache for your kids to follow. Just guide them through the process and in the end they will love it. Here is a sample ice cream recipe which you can make use of. You will need the following ingredients:
- 16 ounces of whipped cream,
- 6 egg whites,
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract,
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk and,
- Your kid’s choice of nuts, chocolate chips, and fruit slices.
- First, you can separate the whites from the yolk yourself or you can involve the kid in doing that. Just set the yolk aside. You may use that one later for another ice cream recipe. (Fresh egg whites poses salmonella risk so you might want to consider using pasteurized eggs, which can be found in the dairy case packaged in a container that resembles a small milk carton.)
- Then you can ask your kid to whip the egg whites first. He has to continue doing that until it becomes frothy.
- After that, you can slowly add the whipped cream as you continue whipping.
- Pour in the milk followed by the vanilla. Just let your kid keep on whipping until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Let the kids add their choice of chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit slices into the mixture and continue incorporating all the ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- And then pour the mixture into a container and cover it with a lid. You can actually choose to have one big container or several small ones depending on the number of kids who joined the fun.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer and let it sit for a couple of hours or until it is hard enough. You can then take the ice cream out of the freezer and enjoy it with your kids.
That is just one ice cream recipe which you can make use of. There are still other ice cream recipes which you can choose and make an enjoyable family activity with your kids. You can also make your own ice cream recipe and let your kids pick the flavor which they want and let them have the fun of creating their own masterpieces. An ice cream recipe is a handy tool for thinking about an activity which will get you quality time with your kids.