Do you want to serve a delicious and tasty dessert at home? A cake is a popular baked food that is commonly served on special occasions like birthdays and wedding celebrations. To make a cake, different ingredients are needed, which include a sweetening agent, a leavening agent as well as a binding agent. If you want to know how to make a cake, just follow the simple recipes featured on this page.
Brazilian Carrot Cake
- To make this cake, you need three large carrots, four eggs, and two cups white sugar.
- In addition, you should have two cups all purpose flour, a tablespoon of baking powder and two tablespoons butter or margarine.
- To improve the taste of the dessert, you need a cup of white sugar, a cup of instant hot chocolate mix and ¾ cup milk.
Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat. Spray vegetable oil on a baking dish. Peel carrots and slice thinly. Pour a teaspoon of cooking oil in a blender. Add the carrots and eggs. Blend the ingredients until the vegetable is finely chopped. Add in sugar and blend for another three minutes. Transfer the batter to the dish. Place the baking dish in the oven. Cook for 40 minutes.
Mix a cup of sugar, butter, chocolate mix as well as milk in a bowl. Transfer the mixture to a skillet. Heat the skillet on low fire. Wait until the mixture thickens. After baking the cake spread the mixture on the cake. Refrigerate the dessert for an hour.
Black Magic Cake
- For this dessert, you should have 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, two cups white sugar, ¾ cup cocoa powder, two teaspoons baking soda and a teaspoon baking powder.
- Aside from these, you should have a teaspoon salt, two eggs, a cup brewed coffee, a cup buttermilk, ½ cup vegetable oil and a teaspoon vanilla extract.
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cooking oil on round cake pans. Mix sugar, baking soda, cocoa, flour, baking powder as well as salt in a bowl. Add vanilla, oil, buttermilk, coffee and eggs. Combine the two mixtures and blend for 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to pan. Bake the cake for half hour. After baking set the dessert aside for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for an hour and serve. You can frost the cake before serving.
More Points on Cakes
- Cakes have different kinds, which include cheesecakes, sponge cakes, and Ruske Kape. To decorate cakes, you need special tools such as syringes, piping bags, and piping tips.
- To improve the taste of cakes, you can cover the desserts with icings like marzipan, buttercream, and royal icing.
When making cakes, it is beneficial to have ideas about the different shapes of cakes. If you want to bake cakes using a Springform pan, you can make layer cakes. If you want to prepare cakes that can be served individually, then you should know how to make madeleines and cupcakes.
If you want the dessert to have a better texture, then you can substitute milk with buttermilk. To bake a lighter cake, allow enough time to cool the dessert before you frost it.