Picture source: http://addapinch.com/stuffed-spaghetti-squash-recipe/
Spaghetti squash is packed with nutrients like beta carotene, vitamins A and C. Try out this recipe for spaghetti squash halves stuffed with a mixture of turkey sausage, apple, raisins, mushroom and Parmesan cheese and topped with roasted pine nuts.
- 2 spaghetti squashes
- 1 lb. turkey sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 8 oz. mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- Halve the squashes, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease baking sheets with butter and place the squash halves cut side down on the sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a skillet, combine the turkey sausage, onion, apples, mushroom, garlic and raisins and cook over a moderate heat till the meat is slightly browned. Add in the flour and stir. Pour in the soy sauce and bring to the boil. Continue cooking till the mixture thickens. Take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, check to see if the squash halves are done and then turn them over. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to each squash half and then fill in the meat mixture. Bake for a further 15 minutes. Top each half with cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or till the cheese melts. In a skillet, toast the pine nuts for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top of each squash half before serving.
Instead of soy sauce you can use Teriyaki sauce for making the squash stuffing. Also, this recipe can be made with butternut squash, depending on one’s tastes.