Best Adirondack chairs are comfortable, durable and sturdy. Also, the chairs are unique pieces of furniture that enhance relaxation at the patio or lawn. Furthermore, they enable you to enhance the experience when there are many guests over. However, there are very many products available to choose from and one might get confused.
There are several issues that one needs to consider before selecting the best chair. This review will help you to decide the best product for you depending on the features described. There are also pros and cons mentioned to give more insight.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Adirondack Chairs Reviews
- 1. POLYWOOD SBA15BL South Beach Adirondack, Black
- 2. Trex Outdoor Furniture Cape Cod Folding Adirondack Chair, Tree House
- 3. POLYWOOD AD5030WH Classic Folding Adirondack, White
- 4. Folding Cedar Adirondack Chair, Amish Crafted
- 5. Outdoor Interiors CD3111 Eucalyptus Adirondack Chair and Built In Ottoman
- 6. Trex Outdoor Furniture Cape Cod Adirondack Chair, Vintage Lantern
- 7. Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack Chair, Light Brown – 60064
- 8. Adjustable Unfinished Cedar/Fir Adirondack Chair with Pull-Out Footrest
- 9. Shine Company Marina Adirondack Chair, White
- 10. Highwood Hamilton Folding and Reclining Adirondack Chair
- Best Adirondack Chairs Buying Guide
Top 5 Best Adirondack Chairs Reviews
1. POLYWOOD SBA15BL South Beach Adirondack, Black
The material making this Adirondack chair is Polywood recycled lumber that is fade-resistant. Most noteworthy, the chair is roomy, contoured and has a curved bark giving it a stylish design that keeps the user comfortable. It measures 31.25 by 33.75 by 38.5 inches.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
In addition, the construction is sturdy and heavy-duty. This ensures that the product is able to withstand the elements in nature and as a result last longer. The chair does not crack, splinter, rot or peel. Furthermore, it is resistant to insect attack, stains, salt spray and fungi.
Another fantastic feature is that the HDPE lumber appears painted and as a result does not require constant maintenance such as painting and waterproofing. To assemble the Adirondack with stainless steel hardware is simple. Most noteworthy, the product comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
- The chair is resistant to harsh environmental conditions since it seems to resist sun, snow and rain
- It is resistant from stains, insects, salt spray and fungi therefore reliable
- The material making the product is fade-resistant
- It has a stylish design hence it looks great
- It is comfortable and does not require maintenance hence convenient
- Assembly is straightforward as a result saves time
- The construction is sturdy yet beautiful
- It has a 20-year limited warranty
- It is costly
2. Trex Outdoor Furniture Cape Cod Folding Adirondack Chair, Tree House
Firstly, the furniture from Trex measures 29 by 33 by 35.25 inches. It is a chair that offers ultimate relaxation with the stylish design. The material making the chair is recycled milk jar lumber. It makes the chair soft and comfortable while at the same time sturdy. This is because it withstands extreme weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow and salt water. Furthermore, the product is cape cod folding.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
In addition, it does not require much maintenance since the construction and the materials are high-quality. These materials include the lumber and hardware made of stainless steel. The chair does not rot, warp, splinter or crack. Furthermore, it does not need painting, staining or sealing since the materials are durable. Also, it takes a short period to assemble. There are seven colors available to choose from.
- There are several colors to choose from hence creating a choice
- It has a sturdy construction therefore it is durable
- Requires very little maintenance
- The product is able to withstand harsh environmental conditions
- It is a folding chair easy to assemble
- The milk jug lumber making the Adirondack chair makes it soft for touch
- It has a unique design with a curved back
- The chair is low to the ground and small
- Some users complain that the white-colored chair fades
3. POLYWOOD AD5030WH Classic Folding Adirondack, White
The Polywood classic is a seat has a contour and a flat back. It measures 29 by 35.75 by 35.75 inches. Also, the chair folds easily consequently making it easy to transport and store. Most noteworthy, the material making the product is lumber recycled and is fade resistant.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The product seems like a great purchase because it has a heavy duty construction that is able to withstand harsh environmental conditions. Furthermore, the chair does not crack, splinter, peel, chip or rot. It is also resistant to insects, stains, salt spray and fungi. Assembling the product after purchase with the stainless steel hardware of commercial grade is stress-free. Finally, a limited warranty of 20 years is available.
- The product comes with a 20-year limited guarantee
- It has a heavy-duty construction
- It is simple to assemble
- The Adirondack chair does not splinter, chip, peel or rot
- It does not require staining, painting or waterproofing
- It is smaller in size
- The slats of the chair are wide apart
4. Folding Cedar Adirondack Chair, Amish Crafted
The material making the folding chair is western red cedar and it measures 36 by 26 by 36 inches. The chair is lightweight yet stable and resistant to cupping, splitting and warping. This is as a result of the material making it. Furthermore, it has a natural resistance to insect damage, rot and decay.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The design of the product makes it beautiful, comfortable and durable. It has contours with clear planed span slats. Additionally, routering of the edges enhances rounded smoothness. To make the assembly even easier, the product is sent pre-assembled.
The product requires little or no maintenance such as staining and protection from UV light. Finally, apart from the lightweight and strength properties, the chair has low warping features and a long life.
- The chair is lightweight and sturdy
- It comes pre-assembled
- The planed edges enhance rounded smoothness
- It is durable
- The seat resists cupping, warping and splitting
- Some users complained of the wood splitting
- It is smaller in size
5. Outdoor Interiors CD3111 Eucalyptus Adirondack Chair and Built In Ottoman
The Eucalyptus Adirondack chair measures 60 x 23.5 x 29 inches. Like the name suggests, the material making the chair is Eucalyptus, a hardwood tree. This ensures the product is durable, robust and able to withstand weathering characteristics. Furthermore, the design makes it comfortable to all users. The built in ottoman enhances comfort.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
The maintenance practices of the product are straightforward. They include treating the chair with furniture oil to prevent weathering. Also, covering it during the winter season especially in harsh areas.
- The material making the chair is durable and strong
- It is comfortable
- If not treated with furniture oil, the chair might weather
- The chair requires annual maintenance
6. Trex Outdoor Furniture Cape Cod Adirondack Chair, Vintage Lantern
Firstly, the Trex Adirondack chair measures 31.25 by 33.75 by 38.5 inches. The hardware making the chair is genuine stainless steel. It prolongs the life, strength, optimal performance and durability. Recycled milk jug lumber is the primary material. It is soft but at the same time, it resists extreme weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow and salt water.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
The chair has a curved back and a generous seat for comfort. Furthermore, the assembly that the product requires is minimal as it takes 30 minutes or less. In the case of any difficulty, a manual is available for reference. Most noteworthy, the chair does not require painting, staining or sealing. There are seven colors of the product to choose from.
- The chair is able to resist extreme weather conditions
- Assembling the chair is easy
- It is costly
7. Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack Chair, Light Brown – 60064
This Adirondack chair from Lifetime measures 38.6 by 31.14 by 36.9 inches. The material constructing the chair is UV protected polystyrene. It is durable and also weather resistant. The durability is enhanced by the stainless steel screws used in the assembly of the chair. Most importantly, the UV resistance of the material enables the product does not crack, rust, peel or chip.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Upon arrival, it requires some assembly. However, it is a quick and easy process. The design is stylish and comfortable. Furthermore, the chair is easy to clean and it resists any stains. It also does not require any maintenance. A limited warranty of 2 years from the manufacturer is available.
- It is UV protected enhancing longevity
- The chair is easy to assemble
- It does not require any maintenance
- Cleaning the product is easy
- It is able to resist any stains
- There is a 2-year limited warranty provided
- It breaks quickly
- Not quite stain resistant as mentioned
8. Adjustable Unfinished Cedar/Fir Adirondack Chair with Pull-Out Footrest
The chair is a unique product made from durable fir/cedar. It comes with adjustable backrests that elevate the relaxation level. In addition, the foot rest has a pull-out model that makes it expandable. The design combines the recliner comfort and the Adirondack style to create a unique product.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
Assembly of the product is required upon purchase. However, it takes a short time. It is also a stress-free assembly process. There are instructions available to guide through the whole process.
- It is cheaper than the other chairs on the market
- The chair is comfortable and sturdy
- The foot rest is easily adjustable to enhance comfort
- It is not very wide
- Poor drilling of the holes to drive in the nails
9. Shine Company Marina Adirondack Chair, White
It is a chair from Shine Company that has a polyurethane paint which protects it from sunlight, heat and other extreme weather conditions. The material creating this great product is high-quality yellow cedar wood. In addition, the material has a natural resistance to insect damage, decay and moisture.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The product requires assembly. There are instructions available to guide in the process. The construction of the chair is done using hardware that is rust resistant. Most noteworthy, there are 13 colors of the chair available to choose from. The maximum capacity that the product can accommodate is 250 pounds.
- It is straightforward and quick to assemble thus convenient
- The material making the chair is high-quality cedar which seems like a durable material
- The chair has natural resistance against moisture, insect damage and decay
- There are 13 colors to choose from therefore creating options
- It only accommodates a maximum capacity of 250 pounds thus limiting usage to some users
10. Highwood Hamilton Folding and Reclining Adirondack Chair
The folding and reclining chair measures 29 by 34 by 36 inches. It is made using proprietary, eco-friendly and recycled plastic materials. There is a gently curved back therefore making it a great design. Also, it folds to enhance transportation and storage. There is an option to recline the chair which adjusts the angle of the chair back for relaxation.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
The chair is fade-resistant due to the quality material. Furthermore, it is durable. The assembly of the product is using stainless steel hardware with a 304 grade. Most importantly, the maintenance required for this chair is minimal making it convenient.
There are warranties for the product depending on the use. A 12-year manufacturer’s warranty is available for residential purchases. On the other hand, commercial purchases get a 2-year limited warranty.
- Made from eco-friendly and recycled plastic materials
- It has a great design hence beautiful
- The chair folds therefore making it easy to store and transport
- It requires minimal maintenance hence minimizing costs
- There are warranties offered
- It is not very sturdy
- The chair is costly
Best Adirondack Chairs Buying Guide
Some of the things to consider before choosing the best Adirondack chair include:
The materials making Adirondack chairs vary therefore the need to choose wisely. There are products made from wood, plastic, teak, Cedar and recyclable materials. Chairs made of wood and plastic are the most popular in the market. Therefore, choose a product made using the two materials. The products should be able to resist harsh weather conditions and attack from other aspects.
You should get a chair that fits the budget you have. There are high and low costs seats available. The chair selected should meet the requirements you have set. Also, the durability and comfort play a vital role.
The design of Adirondack chairs is standard. However, manufacturers have come up with several variations that enhance comfort and relaxation. Especially relevant, some of the unique designs include over-sized seats, curved backs and adjustable foot rests. Other designs facilitate easy storage and transport, for example, folding chairs.
Some chairs come with additions such as sets, cushions and umbrellas. The additions help you not to incur extra costs. Furthermore, the accessories vary from one product to the other. Others do not come with any accessories. If choosing a product with an accessory, select the accessory that you need most.
The product selected should have little to no maintenance procedures required. You ensure this by getting a chair made from high-quality materials. Top rated seats come protected from extreme weather conditions, UV, insect damage and weathering. Most noteworthy, it specifically applies to Adirondack chairs made using wood.
In conclusion, from the review of products, the POLYWOOD SBA15BL South Beach Adirondack meets the criteria as the best Adirondack chair. The materials making the Polywood SBA15BL are quality enabling it to resist many factors that destroy the chairs. Also, it has a stylish design, which is a curved back to enhance comfort. Most importantly, it does not require any maintenance creating convenience, it is quick to assemble and has a 20-year limited warranty.