Table of Contents
- Best Deep Fryer Overview
- Top 3 Best Electric Deep Fryers on the market
- Types of Deep Fryers
- Advantages of using a Deep Fryer
- Top 6 Best Electric Deep Fryer Reviews
- #1. Philips HD922026 AirFryer Review
- #2. Masterbuilt 23011114 Electric Turkey Fryer Review
- #3. T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Review
- 4. Waring Pro DF280 Professional Deep Fryer
- 5. Presto 05466 Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
- 6. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer
- Deep Fryer Buying Guide
- How to use Deep Fryer to Perfection?
Best Deep Fryer Overview
Deep fryers are becoming a very common occurrence in the kitchen everywhere. They are so very useful and can also be used to instantly cook a wide selection of food, pretty much anything you would want to fry in oil.
With all the electric deep fryers circulating in the market nowadays, choosing one can be pretty confusing in particular for people who haven’t dealt with them before The top electric deep fryer manufacturers in the market today are the frymaster, rival and presto. This article gives reviews of some of the best electric deep fryers in the market today.
In a hurry ?
Our top pick for electric deep fryer is Masterbuilt 23011114 Electric Turkey Fryer
We do all the research so that all you have to do is make a choice. These reviews feature some of the best fryers available today and give a comprehensive overview of things you should look for in your perfect piece of equipment. So have a look around, and when you try out your new fryer let us know if we can come over for dinner!
Top 3 Best Electric Deep Fryers on the market
Types of Deep Fryers
Before you go out and purchase the first deep fryer that comes your way, it is essential to know there are few different types of them available. Knowing those types, as well as your needs, will make your purchase far easier. Let’s take a look at the different types of deep fryers, their features and why it might or might not be right for your needs.
This type of deep fryer is the old-fashioned type, probably like what you saw your grandmother using. It is basically a large pan that holds a metal basket where your foods are place. The stove heats the oil, and a fry thermometer is used to monitor the temperature of the foods.
An electric deep fryer is one of the most popularly used these days. There are many different types of electric fryers, each with its own set of features and characteristics. The outside of these fryers stay cool, so they’re not a safety hazard. They are easy to sit on the counter or location of your choice, and as long as you have the right deep fryer, there is nothing to worry over when it comes to space.
Commercial deep fryers typically are used by restaurants and similar establishments that need to prepare a lot of food at once and used frequently. Most of the commercial fryers are gas operated and have at least one filtration system as well as several baskets so that different foods can be prepared at one time.
This type of deep fryer is mainly used for cooking outdoors, since you never want to use propane inside of your home. There are also several types of these deep fryers as well, including those for barbeques and turkeys. If you enjoy outside cooking, this type of deep fryer might be perfect for your needs.
Another newbie on the market, these fryers do not use oil, thus produce healthier tasting meals without all of the added oil. Of the deep fryer choices, this type of device will probably cost the most money.
Advantages of using a Deep Fryer
At one time, using a deep fryer wasn’t something that I liked to do. I thought they were a waste of money when the saucepan on top of the stove could do the job. Boy was I wrong! Now I have found so many terrific advantages to using the deep fryer, and I will never again go back to using those old-fashioned methods again. Here’s the advantages that I have learned that come with the use of a deep fryer.
Top 6 Best Electric Deep Fryer Reviews
#1. Philips HD922026 AirFryer Review
If you’re like most people you absolutely adore the taste of fried food. French fries, onion rings, chicken strips and a long list of deep fried delights make your mouth water just thinking about them. However, if you lean towards the more “health-conscious” side of nutrition you likely hold back on the amount of fried foods you eat for obvious reasons.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Both medical health professionals and designer jeans manufacturers will tell you that the extra fat and calories added to food with traditional deep frying is not the best thing for your arteries or waistline.
So what’s a fried food lover to do?
- Never eat a delicious crispy fried morsel again and make your doctor and Calvin Klein happy?
- Kiss your all of your good nutritional sense goodbye and fall face first into a big pile of deep fried goodness right after you cancel your next checkup and burn your favorite pair of skinny jeans?
The right answer is – Neither!
Enter the Philips HD922026 AirFryer. This innovative device is for many consumers the answer that let’s them have their fried food and eat it too.
With the Philips HD922026 you can enjoy all of your favorite deep fried foods using a fraction of the oil you’d normally have to use to get delicious results.
- Fries a wide variety of foods that mimic the results you get with traditional deep frying.
- Your fried food is healthier with this fryer because of the small amount of oil you have to use with the machine.
- The Philips HD922026 AirFryer is extremely lightweight and portable so you can use it anywhere you have access to an outlet.
- There are no safety concerns to worry about with the fryer because it doesn’t use enough oil to be considered dangerous.
- The completely enclosed fryer design prevents food odors from escaping into the air during frying.
- The design of the fryer rack (grooves that activate the Rapid Air Technology) makes cleaning the basket a bit challenging for some users.
- Not the right fryer for foods that have to be submerged in oil to get the best frying results.
- Can’t fry a lot of food at once, so a poor choice if you need to prepare large batches of fried foods.
- The available accessories are not included with the machine.
The Philips HD922026 is a high-quality product that let’s you enjoy your deep fried favorites without all the extra oil. I’ve seen the best price for this fryer listed at Amazon.com. The discount along with free shipping right to your door makes this buy a really sweet deal. [/su_spoiler]
#2. Masterbuilt 23011114 Electric Turkey Fryer Review
There’s absolutely nothing like the taste of a well-cooked turkey. I can hardly wait for that first bite once it’s finished and ready for the table. So imagine my reaction the first time I heard about deep frying a turkey.
Holy wow! Let me just say that a Turkey + Deep Fryer = Mind and taste buds blown.
You may think the bird would come out soaked in oil and be a complete nightmare for your waistline, but the reality is totally different. As soon as the turkey hits that hot oil all of its delicious juices get locked in while the skin gets awesomely crispy and crunchy. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Deep frying a turkey to this kind of perfection requires the right equipment, and that’s where the Masterbuilt 23011114 comes in handy. A few years ago, deep frying your bird was something that was only safe to do outside, far away from your house, and while that’s smart, it’s not very convenient.
The Masterbuilt 23011114 solves this problem by being completely safe and easy to operate indoors, while at the same time producing the high quality results you’d expect from a world class fryer.
- The Masterbuilt brand stands for high-quality and excellence that you can trust when it comes to food preparation equipment.
- This fryer works safely and effectively indoors if you don’t want to go outside to cook your turkey or any other type of food.
- You can cook a lot of food at once. If you have a large family or are preparing a meal for a lot of people, the high capacity makes the process much faster and easier.
- Users praise the fryer for being mess free and smokeless, which allows them to really enjoy the entire food preparation process from start to finish.
- The convenient drain valve in the Masterbuilt 23011114 makes it fast and easy to clean up, which means less time in the kitchen and more time spent enjoying your family and friends.
- The Masterbuilt 23011114 has a really short cord so you may have to move it close to an easy-to-reach outlet.
- The fryer basket does not have a fixed handle attached to it so handling it can get a little tricky at times.
- If you have limited kitchen or counter space, you may have to get creative to find a good spot to store the fryer away.
#3. T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Review
French fries are one of the most popular deep fried foods in the world. Who knew that taking the humble spud, slicing it into thin strips and deep frying them to crispy, golden perfection would become an international phenomenon?
My only problem with fried potatoes is how fast I go through them. When I really get going I can put away more of those things than I care to admit in public.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
Have you ever made a fresh batch of fries and put them on a sheet of paper towel to let them drain? If you’ve ever held that piece of paper up to the light you know how much oil comes along with the typical french fry meal. Don’t get me wrong, it tastes awesome but I know that kind of greasy food can’t be good for you on a regular basis.
If like me you’ve got to have french fries and other fried treats on a regular basis but don’t want the extra oil and calories, the T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry ActiFry is a great option to consider. Along with being incredibly easy to use and clean up, this fryer only needs one or two tablespoons of oil to get delicious results on up to four servings of food.
- The T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry lets you make great tasting french fries with a fraction of the oil you’d normally use to deep fry.
- The fryer is easy to operate and clean which makes it simple to use.
- The ActiFry is easy to assemble and take apart and the basket, paddle and lid are all conveniently dishwasher safe.
- The machine is fully enclosed during operation so food odors don’t escape into your house.
- The stirring motion of the paddle lets food cook up evenly (and makes it very cool to look at in action!).
- The design and minimal oil usage with the T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry means that it’s very safe to use in your home or anywhere else you have access to electricity.
- You don’t have to stir, flip or watch your food closely while it’s in the ActiFry. The combination of the countdown timer, automatic stirring paddle and single button temperature setting means you can practically “set it and forget it”.
- The ActiFry works very well for cooking french fries and stir fried vegetables but for many other foods this machine doesn’t do a great job.
- The rotating arm design and small capacity of the T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry is best for preparing small meals and bite-sized foods but not large portion sizes.
- This fryer does not produce true “deep fried” results on most foods. If you’re making something that needs to be fried in a lot of oil for good results this fryer is not a good choice.
4. Waring Pro DF280 Professional Deep Fryer
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
What’s not to love about this machine? It is priced exceptionally well for starters, and the brushed stainless steel is so elegant it easily matches any décor inside of your kitchen. Features of the deep fryer include:
- Three mesh baskets with stay cool handles that collapse when you’re done using them. There is a large basket and two smaller baskets to make life easy –and to prepare more than one fried food item at once
- There is a removable oil container that includes a pouring spout that makes it easy to add oil to the deep fryer without making a mess. It is one-gallon size and coated in enamel for easy cleaning
- This deep fryer offers an amazing 1800-watts of power
- The lid with this deep fryer is amazing. It is equipped with a viewing window so you can always see how your food is performing while it cooks
- The digital timer included can be set for up to 60 minutes. With three kids in the house, I oftentimes lose track of time, but thanks to the timer, my food doesn’t suffer when I forget
5. Presto 05466 Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Another stainless steel deep fryer, this one is also an affordable selection that I rather enjoyed. The coolest thing about this deep fryer is the shape of the basket. They are on an oblong shape, which makes it easy to cook chicken and fish with ease. This is a pretty big deep fryer, as far as the amount of food that you can cook at one time, with a 12-cup holding capacity. Some of the other features that I like about this one include:
- Adjustable thermostat
- Signal light that changes color when the oil is hot enough to add food
- Pot removes easily for cleaning ease
6. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
If you have a smaller budget than what the Waring deep fryer costs, try out this Cuisinart deep fryer. This machine is also very stylish in a fabulous stainless steel design. There is only one basket with this machine, so it isn’t capable of frying more than one item at a time. On the bright side, the basket holds up to ¾ of a pound of foods, heats fast and fries your foods quickly. The non-stick bowl has a heating element attached as well. A few additional features sure to be appreciated:
- Small design is perfect for smaller spaces
- Lid stays securely in place and it isn’t heavy
- Oil heats quickly, with the ability to hold up to 1.1 liters of oil per cooking session
How to use Deep Fryer to Perfection?
Using a deep fryer is very easy. In fact, it is so easy that even a child could use the device with complete ease. It is important that you are fully aware of the process of using the deep fryer before you begin, however, because it is very much different than cooking with other methods.
Follow this simple guide to learn how to use a deep fryer, and you can be sure that your foods come out tasting delicious.
- The first step in using your deep fryer is to add oil to the machine. The amount of oil that should be added will vary according to the device that you own as well as the food type and amount that you plan to prepare.
- Many of the best deep fryer brands include ‘fill-to’ or a ‘pour-to’ line on the inside of the machine. Check to see if this is found inside of your deep fryer. It is important that you do not overfill the machine with oil, nor do you want to put in too little. Use this line and you can be sure that you have just the right amount of oil in the pot.
- Next, set the temperature on the deep fryer. Again, it is important that you appropriately set the temperature on the deep fryer in order to cook your foods properly. To set the temperature there will either be a push dial or a digital thermostat that you need to set.
- Now is a very important time period in your cooking with a deep fryer. You mustn’t put the food in before it is ready. If you do, soggy food that doesn’t have that nice crispness that you are looking for is going to happen. Give the oil time to heat up before the food is added. With a good deep fryer, there will be an indicator light or other notion that alerts you to the oil being the right temperature. Make sure that you do not add it until this light or notification appears.
- Next, add the food to the basket. Be careful when you do this. The oil is hot and the food is cold, and we all know that the oil will pop. This can cause a burn if you’re not careful. Slowly add the food to the basket. Lower the basket into the oil carefully.
I won’t call myself a deep fryer pro, but I do know a thing or two about deep fryers as someone who has been cooking for ages and who has used a ton of different devices in my time.
I hope the information provided here has helped you and saved you from making some of the same mistakes that I did when I first began. There might be a ton of different deep fryers on the market, but with this information, choosing the best deep fryer for your needs is no longer a chore.If you like this article, please rate it.