Have you ever tried to use a regular full-size vacuum on your stairs? Full-size vacuums are heavy and bulky, often requiring a lot of muscle and patience to maneuver through which attachments will do the best job, using the smaller brush attachment for most of the stairs then switching to the corner attachment. That is not including the hope that your cord can reach the vacuum to where your need it, or if you have to find another plug on the other side of the stairs to be able to clean. Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.com
As you can see from the above scenario, using a full-size vacuum for cleaning your stairs can be a less than ideal situation. Luckily, the vacuum companies discovered this struggle to keep stairs at your home clean and created handheld vacuum cleaners that can not only do an amazing jobs on stairs, it can also help you quickly clean up other messes around the house conveniently without needing to pull out the large vacuum.
Table of Contents
Best Handheld Vacuums for Stairs Reviews
There are numerous choices on the market, making it a difficult task for consumers to choose the right vacuum for their needs. To make this decision easier for you, here are some of the best handheld vacuums for stairs that you can find:
1. Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum, SD20005RED
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Once again, Dirt Devil is a top brand in the field of vacuums and continually makes some of the best handheld vacuums for stairs. This particular vacuum is an incredibly lightweight model that offers users a surprising amount of power for its weight. It is powerful enough to pick up most messes, including embedded dirt found on high traffic stairs. It can also take on sand, pet hair, and other items that some other vacuums on the market have difficulty handling.
- The dust cup is easy to remove and dump out and the accessories are very easy to quickly assemble when needed. The crevice tool in particular just folds out and pops on without much effort at all, and works amazingly well. The filter is incredibly easy to clean, and you can easily replace the filter as needed. Even with all of its great qualities, there are some downsides to this vacuum. It is corded, albeit the cord is about 16 ft. long, it can still be difficult to some locations if there is no accessible power outlet.
- The vacuum can be a bit loud, especially when used in areas where there is a lot of echoing. Another issue is that if this vacuum is used for an extended period of time, there is the chance of a burning smell that can sometimes be a little overwhelming especially for sensitive noses.
2. Dirt Devil Classic 7 Amp Bagless Handheld Vacuum, M0100
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Dirt Devil has always been a pioneering brand in this field in terms of handheld vacuums. This modified version of the original class, which includes more power than the original without sacrificing the convenience. This vacuum has a motorized brush that can really pick up the most stubborn dirt that is embedded on high traffic stairs, as well as picking up pet hair that other competition may find difficulty handling.
- It includes handy tools that are accessible and easy to put together, including a hose, wand, crevice tool, dusting brush and an upholstery brush. The bagless cup is easy to empty and it has a HEPA filter to help prevent allergens from getting into the air while cleaning. It comes with a 3-year limited warranty, making it a product that you can really trust the quality of. It is a lightweight, easy to use vacuum.
- The biggest negative, however, that is it is corded and you will need to make sure that the cord can reach where you need it most. Other than that, you are getting a quality vacuum that is more than worth its low price tag.
3. Black & Decker Platinum BDH2000L 20-Volt Max Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Black & Decker is another top brand in its field, offering a wide range of handheld vacuums for decades. Black & Decker excels at selling customers convenience. This option is cordless and lightweight, allowing users the convenience to use this item wherever they need to. It has a clear dirt canister, so you can see when you need to empty it.
- This canister is very easy to open and dump out. After emptying, the canister and filter are incredibly easy to clean. The nozzle rotates to maximize the cleaning ability of the vacuum, and has a built in crevice tool for added convenience. This is the perfect tool to pull out whenever you need to clean up a small mess quickly or to use on your stairs.
- The battery is a lithium ion and can hold a charge without being used for up to 18 months. It also has smart charge technology, so that it only charges when it needs to without risking ruining your battery by keeping it on charge. It also offers users a 3 year warranty. All this combined makes this a top choice for handheld vacuums.
There are a lot of vacuums on the market today, and you really need to do your research to choose the right one. What is a fact is that you will absolutely need a handheld for your home. Full-sized vacuums are very difficult on both your sanity and your physical body when you use them on stairs. Handhelds are not just perfect for use on stairs; they can help you pick up any mess around the house or car with convenient ease.
Consider adding a handheld vacuum to your household to really help you maximize your cleaning potential. Handhelds are not only convenient for stairs, you can grab a vacuum if you spill sugar in the kitchen or if your child spills their snack all over the ground and stomps it into your carpet. Handhelds are the perfect tool for your home for all of these scenarios and more.If you like this article, please rate it.