A mandolin is a cooking utensil that can be used for all sorts of slicing in the kitchen, normally it comes with attachments which allow you to make many types of cut vegetables such as discs, Julianne’s, and crinkle cuts.
The mandolin may remind you of a cheese grater yet there are several important differences such as, it has an adjustable height of its blade as well as different blade attachments and normally a food safety holder that protects your hands while you are slicing your food items.
Some of the best mandolin slicer are listed below, read on for more details about each of them.
Table of Contents
- Best Mandoline Slicer Reviews
- 1. Swissmar Borner V Power Mandoline
- 2. Benriner Japanese Mandoline Slicer
- 3. Norpro Mandoline Slicer Grater with Guard
- 4. OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer
- 5. Prepworks From Progressive International HGT-110 Folding Mandoline Slicer
- Top 8 Products Bought Together With Mandoline Slicers 2017
- 1. Epica Cut Resistant Gloves
- 2. Ultra Sharp Dual Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler
- 3. Microplane 34007 Kitchen Cut-Protection Glove
- 4. Victorinox 40520 Fibrox 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- 5. OXO Good Grips Y Peeler
- 6. Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer
- 7. Prepworks from Progressive International GT-3365 Magnetic Peeler Set
- 8. Mastrad A64501 Top Chips Maker, Set of 2
- The Types of Mandoline Slice
- French Style
- Mandoline Slicer Benefits
- They are Safe
- They are Tough
- They are Precise
- They are Easy to Clean
- Ease of Use
- Best Mandoline Slicer Buying Guide
- What else can it do?
- What are your slicing needs?
- What kind of cook are you?
- What is your budget?
- How large is your kitchen?
- What about the waste?
- Sharp could mean trouble
- What blade material would you prefer?
Best Mandoline Slicer Reviews
A Mandoline slicer is one the simplest kitchen appliances one can own. It looks very much like a grater and is made up of two flat parallel planes. The distance between the two planes can be adjusted by a simple dial or button.
When you move vegetables or fruits over the planes, the food comes in contact with a sharp blade and is sliced. The thickness of the slice depends on the distance between the two planes.
1. Swissmar Borner V Power Mandoline
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The Swissmar mandolin is a durable German made product that has many great features including non slip rubber feet, a selection of surgical grade blades, a choice of colors, and a food safety holder.
The blades can be adjusted to four different thicknesses and there are three different inserts giving you a total of 10 different styles of cut.
The best feature though is that you have the ability to change the blade thickness without stopping and modifying the slicer, it is easily accomplished with the push of a button.
2. Benriner Japanese Mandoline Slicer
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The Benriner is a more basic model yet is a great choice for someone who is ready to purchase their first mandolin.
This mandolin comes with three different blades allowing for fine, medium, and course cuts.
This slicer does not come with a separate food safety holder, however it does have an integrated plastic safety device to keep your fingers away from the blades as you are using it.
The Benriner also has the option of being purchased in a wide unit or with an optional food catching tray.
3. Norpro Mandoline Slicer Grater with Guard
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
The Norpro is also an entry-level slicer that would make a great purchase for the first time user.
This mandolin has some nice features that the Benriner doesn’t. On this mandolin there are five different blades for slicing, shredding, and grating.
The Norpro has a nice compact design with foldable legs that make it easy to set up over a bowl or pan.
The most interesting feature of this slicer is that it’s food safety holder comes with a special attachment that allows it to be used as a juicer.
All you do is disengage the safety holder from the mandolin and screw on the juicing attachment then you can use it to juice citrus.
4. OXO Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
The OXO is another sturdy entry-level mandolin that comes with a compact body, foldable legs, a separate food safety holder, and three interchangeable blades.
This mandolin also offers for thickness settings that can be engaged with the turn of the button for ease-of-use.
5. Prepworks From Progressive International HGT-110 Folding Mandoline Slicer
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The Prepworks mandolin is only available in an industrial gray with lime green accents.
While the color might not be as appealing as other products the slicer is a good option for cooks looking for an entry-level product.
It has a food safety attachment as well as three double sided blade attachments for six different cutting options.
It has a non slip base and notched legs so you can use it over a bowl or pan.
Finally this mandolin has the benefit of being dishwasher safe as well as coming with an included carrying case.
Top 8 Products Bought Together With Mandoline Slicers 2017
The Types of Mandoline Slice
Mandoline Slicer Benefits
Best Mandoline Slicer Buying Guide
The Mandoline slicer – a simple and easy tool can completely transform your cooking experience.
Whether you use it to fry up a bowl of potato chips for your kids or slice tomatoes and vegetables to put on a pizza, these slicers make cutting and slicing so easy.
But choosing one can be a complicated and difficult affair. However, once you have kept in mind your cooking needs and proficiency, getting the best product can be as easy as can be.If you like this article, please rate it.