If you like to bake and you don’t already own a stand mixer, you don’t know what you’re missing. Even if you only bake every now and again, once you own a stand mixer you simply won’t believe how you ever managed to get by without one.
You’re probably asking yourself do I really need a stand mixer? and aren’t they expensive? To answer those questions, I would suggest that even if you are an infrequent baker and only make a cake or cookies twice a month you will find a lot of value in having a stand mixer. They really come into their own during the holidays if you’re a seasonal baker. Stand mixers are real kitchen work horses, saving you lots of time and energy.
Besides, stand mixers aren’t just for baking. I regularly make burgers, meatloaf and mashed potatoes in mine. You could also make salad dressing, hollandaise or mayonnaise in one. As regards to them been expensive, they are a lot like cars and there is one to suit every budget. Read our reviews below to find out what is the best stand mixer on the market.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Stand Mixer Machine Reviews
- 1. KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer
- 2. KitchenAid K45SSWH K45SS Classic 275-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer
- 3. KitchenAid KSM155GBSR 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series
- 4. Hamilton Beach 63220 Eclectrics All-Metal 12-Speed Stand Mixer
- 5. Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer
- Stand Mixer Buying Guide
- 1. Power
- 2. Mixing Action
- 3. Mixing Speed
- 4. Ease of access
- 5. Bowl Capacity
- Optional Stand Mixer Features
Top 5 Best Stand Mixer Machine Reviews
1. KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer
I find that the KitchenAid KV25GOXBU Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Bowl Lift Stand Mixer is a commercial grade machine that comes in several colors to match kitchen decor. I recommend that a designated 16 square inches of space be set aside on home and commercial kitchen countertops for this attractive stand mixer. The appliance is tall. The powerful 450-watt motor has a transmission that is all-steel and has direct drive. The machine is manufactured from die-cast metal for endurance and heavy-duty use. For mixing and other kitchen duties, this mixer is ready to make cooking and baking easy.
This is the best purchase I have made for my kitchen. It is a great mixer machine. I love it
The KitchenAid KV25GOXBU’s Primary Features
The primary features and functions of the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus include all the basic mixing tasks with ten speeds and a Soft-Start to prevent splashing. As a safety measure, the machine has an automatic shut-off feature to avoid over-heating the motor. I like the lift function with easy removal of attachments and the 5-quart bowl. Here are the attachments that come with the mixer:
- A flat beater
- A spiral dough hook
- A wire whisk
These attachments help the user to prepare a variety of different dishes, baked goods and treats like the following:
- Divinity candy
- Herb butter
- Hollandaise sauce
- Chocolate pudding
- Whole wheat bread
This mixer also uses extra attachments for accomplishing even more kitchen tasks for busy cooks. I recommend the additional KitchenAid FPPA Pack of mixer attachments that provide functions like the following:
- Meat grinding
- Pasta making
I find that so much can be done using this one machine that home and commercial chefs are able to whip up more and more recipes in record time. The stand mixer is easy to use and is built to last for years to come.
- The slow start feature lets the user turn the mixer on without making a splashing mess of the contents in the bowl.
- The mixer motor operates quietly.
- The bowl with this mixer is significantly wider than the Artisan bowl made by KitchenAid.
- The lift is easy to handle, and the bowl and attachments are simple to assemble and remove.
- KitchenAid provides a useful warranty.
- The use must turn off the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl from time to time to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- On some machines, the gears are loose and wear down quickly so that the machine must be returned to the manufacturer.
- When kneading dough, the motor quickly shuts off so as to not over-heat.
2. KitchenAid K45SSWH K45SS Classic 275-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer
The KitchenAid K45SS Stand Mixer is a classic 250-watt 4-1/2-quart mixer. it is a powerful beater and mixer that can cream butter, knead dough or whip cream batch after batch.
The bowl is large enough to hold 8 cups of flour which can make almost 200 sweet treats.the unit comes with 3 attachments which are a flat beater for batter or meat loaf; a wire whip to beat egg whites and mayonnaise; and a hook for mixing and kneading dough for bread or pizza. the 3 attachments are sold with the unit and can be easily attached with just a simple twist to the main shaft. the bowl locks tight to the base and there is no risk of the bowl skidding off while the machine works.
This is a great mixer machine. It will change the way you cook. This is a high quality product higly recommended
The unit measures 8.7 x 14.1 x 13.9 inches and weighs a bit heavy at 25 pounds. it is a heavy-duty mixer for a home that does a lot of baking or for a restaurant or bakeshop. it does cover a lot of kitchen counter space. the mixer comes with an instruction manual and 67 recipes. it works with 10 speeds and a direct drive transmission.
- Some owners of the KitchenAid K45SS Stand Mixer call this machine a workaholic. Baking enthusiasts love the way it can beat, mix or knead ingredients one batch after another. other beaters and mixers would overheat when used for extended periods, but not this model. it can even shred meat or grind sausages and cheese.
- Many users have said that this machine has turned cooking and baking into a joy instead of a chore. They simply toss the ingredients in and it does the job for you. No more manual kneading or mixing. some people said that the splash guard saves them clean-up time because it prevents splatters and spills on the kitchen counter.
- The motor is so strong you would never need to turn the switch to the maximum level, according to some people. many users have had this mixer for years and have never had to turn it over to a service center for maintenance or repairs. it is solid as a rock and will probably outlive you, according to some people.
- Some people find it very heavy and think it occupies too much counter space. it is not for the casual baker or someone who bakes chocolate chip cookies once or twice a year. A number of people say that it is too expensive for them since they rarely use a mixer or beater.
- Some people have also had the weird experience of the bowl getting stuck to the base after using it for more than 4 minutes. Customer service said that it tends to do that if used for extended periods, according to one user’s review. Another issue is oil from the motor leaking into your food in the bowl.
- If the machine works well, the oil should not leak and the bowl should come off easily. many people have left feedback that they never had problems with their KitchenAid K45SS Stand Mixer.
- The weight is a bit heavy because of the heavy duty motor and tough bowl that is very durable.
It is a quality mixer for serious bakers and cooks. If you need a mixer for daily and heavy use, then this model will not only satisfy you but also last many years without the need for repairs.
3. KitchenAid KSM155GBSR 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series
KitchenAid KSM155GB Product Features
- Twenty-four (24) pounds and has 11 inch x 13 inch x 14 inch dimensions
- Has powerful motor—325 watt
- The metallic paint is a primary one
- Composed or constructed of entire metal
- Has planetary mixing capability
- Ten (10) speed manipulation or control
- Comprised of attachment hub which is multipurpose
- Comes with wire whip, flat beater and dough hook
- Mixer that has a tilt-head style ( clear and easy access to the bowl and beater
- Capability to direct drive transfer or transmission ( for durability)
- Comes with a mixer bowl which is 5 qt. and is made of glass with graduated measurements
- Accommodate up to nine (9) cup
- Recipe booklet
- Citrus juicer
- Food grinder
- Grain mill
- Ice cream creator
- Cutter and Pasta roller
- Sausage stuffer
- Ravioli maker
- Shredder and slicer
- Vegetable and fruit strainer
It is a good mixer machine and it looks nice. I glad with my purchased
The valuable features of the KitchenAid 5-Quart Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer KSM155GB enable you to experience great time in mixing. Here are the benefits that you can get and enjoy in using this stand mixer.
- Great convenience—this mixer has a head tilting ability. Through this ability, mixing will be easier and convenient for you. You will be able to mix at whatever angle you want. It will adjust in the mixing process. This fantastic ability assures you that all the ingredients will be properly mixed.
- Easy mixing—mixing will be so much easier since its head can be tilted. Furthermore, the glass bowl has already marking so you will not encounter any difficulty in measuring the ingredients.
- Really good capacity— this stand mixer will give you amazing capacity. The powerful motor will enable you to mix more dough and other ingredients in your cooking. This will lead in greater food serving. You will be able to save time through it. You can mix two cookies batches at a time even without stressing or pushing the mixer to work so much.
- Finest attachment—through various attachment of this mixer, you can enjoy more all its mixing options as well as its capability. Mixing, cooking and other process or task that you do in your kitchen will be much easier and convenient.
- Multiple color options—unlike other mixers that limit you in choosing your preferred colors, this stand mixer will enable you to get your wanted color.
- Knowing the potential flaws of a product is significant in ensuring its efficiencies. With regards to the KitchenAid 5-Quart Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer KSM155GB, the problem that you may encounter will be its price. This stand mixer may appear expensive to some of you. But through the benefits and advantage in using it, your purchase or investment will surely worth everything. The power or capacity of this product makes your purchase or investment more meaningful.
4. Hamilton Beach 63220 Eclectrics All-Metal 12-Speed Stand Mixer
The Hamilton Beach 63220 Eclectrics All-Metal 12-Speed Stand Mixer is a quality stand mixer that allows for multiple settings for numerous methods of food preparation. I like to see that the motor provides 400 watts of muscle for kneading bread and mixing heavy ingredients. Built for heavy beating with its all-metal construction, this machine is ready for action with its three attachments and pouring shield. The rotating motion for mixing turns the attachment while rotating it around the stationary bowl. This countertop mixer is ready to assist the home chef with preparing food by mixing, kneading, whisking and more.
This is a great mixer machine with good price. I love it very much and it works perfect
The Key Features of the Hamilton Beach 63220
I find that this machine from Hamilton Beach has the features needed to mix, knead and whip. The 12-speed mixer has settings for different tasks and uses one of attachments. The appliance comes with these practical items:
- Flat beater
- Dough hook
- Pouring shield
I like the pouring shield that prevents the splattering of ingredients. Then the bowl locks in place for security while in use, and the dual-rotation helps to provide thorough mixing. The size of the mixing bowl is 4.5 quarts, and the mixer head tilts upward with a quick-release function.
The all-metal mixer and its 400-watt powered motor are built for heavy-duty use. I have found that the Hamilton Beach brand of appliances builds quality products at lower prices than the other leading brands. Here are some of the foods that are at least partially prepared in the Hamilton Beach 63220:
- Pancake batter
- Pizza dough
- Mashed potatoes
This mixer is ready for work and built to last for years of beating, whipping, kneading and a number of other jobs. I like the sound of the company providing a 3-year warranty.
- The hand-finished sterling exterior goes with any decor, and it is easy to wipe clean.
- The motor is powerful and quiet.
- The operator does not have to stop the mixer to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- The bowl and attachments are easy to clean.
- No vibrations, the mixer runs smoothly when using the right setting.
- Sturdy metal construction makes the machine durable.
- The unit does not come with any extra attachments for mincing or slicing.
- Between most of the speed setting numbers there is no significant speed change, but the mixer has a definite high, medium and low speed.
5. Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer
Quality and heavy duty mixer is very important in performing heavy and vital task at your home or even at your business. There are several mixers that are out in the market today such as theCuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer. But due to the variety and promotions about it, it is so hard to choose the finest mixer. In this instance, review will be helpful. Here you will be read the Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer review and background.
This mixer machine is a great addition to the kitchen family. I love this
Cuisinart SM55BC Features
What are the notable features of the Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer ? Here are the features of this product.
- Has big quart capability which is refined by bowl ( stainless-steel)
- Consist of the 15 minutes timer ( countdown)
- Powered by a power driven motor ( 800-watt)
- Has twelve speed and auto shutoff
- Comes with recipe book
- Slow at the start
- Has gentle-fold functionality
- Comes with flat blending paddle, chef’s whisk, dough hook, splashguard
- Built based on the electrical standards of North American
- Consist of shield having a pour spout made to prevent showering
- Power unit( dry and damp cloth clean up)
The features of this stand mixer give a lot of benefits. The advantages that you will experience throughout the use of this type of stand mixer are the following:
- Have a more powerful motor— this wonderful capacity of the Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer enables you to mix icing and heavy dough with comfort.
- Enables to handle big or small quantities of ingredients fully well—this Cuisinart stand mixer will enable you to do large servings of what very you mix like dough. You will generate more serving of bread.
- Comfort in cleaning– One of its elements forms constricting seal and this enables you to clean a little. The dusts of the powdered sugar are all kept. It contained the possible dirt.
- Has automatic shut off—this mixer will automatically turn off when the time is up. So you will not mistake in mixing such as over mixing. You will not encounter difficulty in estimating the time because it will turn off by itself.
- The three (3) accessories, the paddle, dough hook and the whisk are safe in dish washing-these tools or instrument will surely be maintained properly. Cleaning these materials will also be easy.
- Has awesome attachment—this attachment will enable you to do better in mixing. It is actually an additional option.
- Is there any disadvantage in using this stand mixer? All of the products may have potential disadvantages. Regarding this stand mixer, the problem that you may encounter is its composition. Mostly this mixer is composed of plastic that is why it is lighter than compared to others. You may also encounter wobbling but this is somewhat natural and will not cause a problem. The body of this stand mixer may appear to be cheap but still what is important is its functionality. All in all, there is just a little disadvantage in using this product.
Buying a stand mixer is probably one of the biggest purchases you will make for your kitchen after an oven and a hob. There are lots of different mixers out there with lots of different features and its easy to get confused or side tracked. The best advice I can give is to really think about what you bake on a regular basis, and pick a mixer that will be robust enough for that job.