Hardwood floor need lot of regular tending once you get the flooring done in your house, to maintain its good class look even after five years have passed for its installation.
One of the reasons for spending so much on the flooring would be, to keep it shining and classy looking in the entire house.
Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.com
Extra care of hardwood flooring can be done by avoiding doing any kind of work that can cause cracks in the flooring and even sometimes keeping rusty things inside can cause damage.
For this purpose, you have to clean the flooring regularly once in a day.If you cannot spare much time, at least 15-20 minutes should be given for the maintenance of the hardwood flooring.
The best vacuum for wood floors might remove dust, and clean these floors better than others.
However, you have to keep in mind that you can’t use a traditional vacuum to clean these floors since it will likely scratch your hardwood floors and not do a very good task picking-up the dirt.
To clean these floors, you have to seek a vacuum that has sufficient power and versatility to deal with dust, dirt and pet hair without harming the floor.
In case you already have a plan to purchase a new vacuum cleaner, then please find below a list of the best vacuum for wood floors with all their features to assist you in deciding.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Our Pick Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
- Types Of Vacuum Cleaners
- Top 5 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
- 1. Miele S2121 Olympus Canister – Best Vacuum Cleaner 2017
- 2. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick – Top Rated Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless – Good Vacuum Cleaner to buy
- 4. Dyson DC40 Multi Floor Upright – Best Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 5. Electrolux Ultra Silencer Deep Clean Canister Vacuum Review
- Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Buying Guide
Top 3 Our Pick Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
Top 5 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
1. Miele S2121 Olympus Canister – Best Vacuum Cleaner 2017
If you want to clean dust and pet hair off your wood floors, you are definitely need a vacuum which is particularly made for use on wood floors. One of the best vacuum for wood floors is certainly the Miele S2121 Olympus. This vacuum is part of the S2 Series that has been known for its phenomenal cleaning power. It has six distinct power setups so that it can be used for all flooring in your home, from smooth, solid surfaces like tiles and hardwoods to deluxe rugs and deep-pile carpeting. These settings are all plainly presented on a front-mounted rotary dial.
One of the innovations featured in the S2121 Olympus is named the Classic FiberTeQ that enables the user to easily transition from carpet to smooth flooring with a flip of the toggle switch. Another huge attribute included in this vacuum is a telescopic, stainless steel wand and long electrical wire with automatic rewind for a total cleaning radius of 29.5 feet. There are also a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle which held in place by a VarioClip.
The S2121 Olympus Main Features
The Miele S2121 Olympus utilizes a 1200 Watt German made Vortex Motor that is capable of “141 Cubic Feet Per Minute of airflow” for optimal suction and dust intake. The motor is not only solid, but it is also extremely quiet. You’ll surprised by the absence of noise it created after you turned it on. This motor is situated directly behind the fan, and consequently the life span expectancy of the Miele motor is two times that of common vacuum motors. Miele proudly supplies you a 7 year guarantee on the motor which covers the upper and lower housings.
To vary your vacuum cleaner’s suction power according to the floor type you are cleaning, there is a a front-mounted rotary dial with 6 variable power setups on the base of the canister. The following are featured in the settings: curtains, lightweight fabrics; furniture, cushions; lightly soiled textured carpets; thick pile carpets, rugs, and runners; energy saving, day-to-day vacuuming with low noise level; textured hard flooring, and for intensive cleaning of carpets. These settings will provide you flexibility in muti-cleaning tasks. One thing you should keep in mind is that you cannot utilize the “textured hard flooring” setting to clean your curtains. This setting is full suction and so powerful, and therefore it may rip your curtains off your wall.
The majority of canister vacuums usually utilize two stationary wheels in the back and a single free moving wheel in the face. This may give you an issue because if you pull the vacuum to fast or at the incorrect angle the canister will generally tip over. To overcome this issue, the S2121 Olympus has three free-wheeling casters on steel axles on the bottom of the canister. As a result of these setups, the vacuum can be turned 360 degrees without tipping over. You could pull it forward, backward, sideways, or in a circle if you prefer, and it will certainly follow you!
This vacuum utilizes the “crush-proof” hosing that is light weight, and tough. It might be stepped on, twisted, or bent in half and it will return to its initial shape. As a result, the hose will maintain full suction power and the motor may always have the airflow needed for its protection. To Deliver an exceptional operating radius of 29.5 feet for effortless reach, there is a telescopic, stainless steel wand. You’ll also get three accessory tools including a dusting brush with natural bristles, upholstery tool, and crevice nozzle. They could be easily stored on the tool caddy clip that attaches below the suction hose, or above the hose connector. With these tools, all your vacuuming needs are covered.
In contrast to other vacuum bags that may be divided easily by glass, nails, or some other sharp items, the Miele’s vacuum bag is made from a sturdy fabric that was developed to take on anything which has the ability to be drawn through a hose. The bag can also keep more fine dust and small particles than a conventional dustbag as it has 9 separate layers of filter material. This comes handy for individuals living in a household with members known to have allergies and specific situations induced by dust like asthma. Furthermore, the bag is engineered to instantly seal itself when the hood of the vacuum cleaner is opened.
The Miele S2121 Olympus Pros and Cons
- This vacuum is created by Miele which has been elected by Reader’s Digest as the “Most Trusted Brand” of home devices in Europe for six years in a row.
- The new classic Classic FiberTeq technology permits the user to easily transition from carpet to smooth flooring with a flip of the toggle switch. This technology aids you to adjust the power level of the device to fit the surface you are currently in.
- It is lightweight, so you may carry the product to wherever you might wish to go.
- The 1200 Watt German made Vortex Motor is excellent to bring out a powerful device that will be able to draw every micro particle it comes in contact. The motor is also very quiet.
- You are able to clean even the hard to reach surfaces with its stainless steel telescope wand which can reach depths up to 29.5 feet.
- The bag is very resilient. It could stand up to anything which is able to be sucked through a hose. It can also be removed without having any contact with the unpleasant stuff you vacuumed up since it is auto locked.
- The S2121 Olympus comes packed with a Super Air Clean Filter which will further catch allergens to make sure that they are not sent back into your home’s air where they’ll aggravate your allergies.
- 7 year warranty on motor and casing, and 1 year guarantee on all parts and labor.
- The Miele S2121 canister vacuum cleaner requires bag, which could be a disadvantage. Nevertheless, some users commented that it is actually a plus for this vacuum.
- For larger room, you may need to utilize the extension because the cable is a little short.
- There is no storage compartment for small nozzles.
Generally, the Miele S2121 Olympus should be among the ideal options for your cleaning needs. Even the most delicate cleaning needs may be taken perfectly without difficulty. Dust, dirt, and fur could not hide from its powerful suction. This vacuum is excellent for apartments or places where noise could easily disturb other residents. As it is backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval which verifies the product has been thoroughly checked, you’ll obtain an extra 2 year limited warranty which guarantees a replacement, repair, or refund on faulty products.
2. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick – Top Rated Vacuum Cleaner
If you are seeking the best vacuum for wood floors which permits you to step up to a new level up luxury while you clean, then the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick may be your ideal choice. When you try this vacuum, you would know why Hoover are considered among the best vacuum cleaner brands out there. This vacuum cleaner has a sleek and modern design scheme, and includes a cutting edge cleaning technology.
The cutting edge cleaning technology which is used by this vacuum is referred to as the Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology. This innovation gives the Hoover Linx more suction power than most vacuum cleaners on the market. This vacuum is also very unique as it combines two modern conveniences that will make cleaning easier. The first one is a bagless design, and the second one is the cordless feature.
The Hoover Linx Main Features
One of the most vital functions of this vacuum is its Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology. The Linx is the first ever stick vacuum using this technology. This technology ensures that the suction is always at its best regardless of what you are cleaning. With its outstanding amount of suction, this vacuum will certainly guarantee there is nothing left but a clean floor. This vacuum is fantastic for all types of flooring, and will certainly work wonder on both small and large spaces.
Using the Fade-Free LiNX Lithium-Ion Battery, this vacuum features a no-hassle cordless system which allows you to carry the vacuum anywhere without needing to fret about the inconvenience of being restricted to the length of a power cord. The battery takes only four hrs to completely charge the vacuum cleaner. There is a fuel gage that will let you know when it is time to recharge the vacuum. Moreover, a two-year warranty on the battery would give you protection if something fail within this time period.
This vacuum has a small design that may assist you to clean those spots other vacuum cleaners miss. Apart from being small, this vacuum is also lightweight, coming in at only 7.5 pounds. It is so lightweight even a small child may carry it easily. Consequently, this small, versatile featherweight vacuum can easily go with you wherever you may go.
Another essential component of this vacuum is its bagless design. This vacuum does not require bags to gather dirt, and dust. You might save some money because you don’t need to purchase bags. Also, you don’t have to worry about cleaning the bags repeatedly which some people prefer rather than purchasing a new bag. The emptying of the bin is also very simple. Aligning the bin above a trash can, the bottom latch is released and then an extra push opens the bin door. The bin is transparent so you may see when it needs clearing.
The Linx Pros and Cons
- With the Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology, this vacuum has amazing suction power. It is very good at getting surface pet hair, dirt, and sock lint off rugs.
- It is very user-friendly. You may easily go from one surface to another in a single touch for uninterrupted vacuuming. You do not require to spend days to figure it out how to use.
- It is really practical. You do not need to buy and place any bags, and you also do not need to stop to re-plug the power cable when you are moving from one area to another.
- At 7.5 pounds, it is really lightweight. The vacuum might easily go with you wherever you may go. You may carry it without a struggle.
- The charge indicator function for this device is also extremely exact and useful. You could accurately know when you might stop charging and start using the vacuum.
It is really simple to empty the bin. You can also quickly tell when it is time to empty again since the bin is transparent.
- Edge cleaning capabilities of this vacuum is exceptional. You don’t need to make an extra effort and bend down to clean the edge which is the case in most of stick vacuums.
- The battery life is a bit too short as compared to most of the vacuum cleaners, and the price of the replacement battery is quite pricey.
- The “hatch” will not open to empty without pulling on which might dirty your hands while clearing it.
You may think that the Linx is just another fancy vacuum with a few attributes borrowed from its upright siblings from the Hoover lineup. Nonetheless, if you try it, you’ll discover that this vacuum is powerful enough to do a good job. The Hoover Linx will provide you a sense of minimalism and convenience in both cleaning effort and time. This vacuum is ideal for people who do not want the troubles of changing dirty vacuum bags when they are done cleaning, and searching for power outlets to plug in to as they vacuum the house.
3. Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless – Good Vacuum Cleaner to buy
Dyson is popular for their consistency in creating vacuums with exceptional design features and filtration qualities. Aside from their superior design features and filtration qualities, they are also really tough. All the Dyson vacuums have a five year free parts and labor warranty. There are a lot of models of Dyson vacuums on the market today. If you are looking for the model that is ideal for wood floors, then the Dyson DC33 is definitely one of the finest alternatives for you.
One of the finest Dyson vacuums for wood floors is certainly the DC33. Nonetheless, you could also utilize this vacuum to clean almost all types of floors. The highlight of this vacuum is its Root Cyclone technology. This cutting-edge vacuum technology may be discovered only in a Dyson machine. With this innovation, you’ll get a vacuum that does not lose suction power as you vacuum. Other attributes like a washable HEPA filter, the telescope reach wand, and the clear bin, will surely make this vacuum perfect for any household.
Dyson DC33 Main Features
Unlike most vacuums on the market, the DC33 does not require a bag to trap dust and dirt. Instead of a bag, this vacuum uses patented Root Cyclone technology to separate dust and dirt from the air. This patented technology rotates the air at very high speeds to fling dust and dirt out of the air and straight into the transparent bin. The firts advantage of using this technology is that you do not require to purchase bags. The second advantage is that it doesn’t limit the airflow, and consequently the vacuum cleaner does not lose suction. According to the maker, the Root Cyclone technology may catch tiny particles down to 0.5 microns in size, with no loss of suction.
A washable HEPA filter is another interesting attribute of this vacuum. The function of this filter is to catch all common household allergens like pollen, mold spores and dust mites, and expel cleaner air. It has the ability to catch tiny particles down to 1/5,000 of a pinhead. The next important attribute of the DC33 must be its Telescope Reach wand that extends 14.4 ft with no awkward parts to construct. Through this Telescope Reach wand, you can vacuum those locations you can’t reach with a standard vacuum. The clear bin is also one of the key features of the Dyson DC33. Since it is clear, you might see when it requires emptying. Because it could be emptied with the press of a button, the risk of contact with dirt can be minimized. The Dyson DC33 has also recieved the asthma and allergy friendly certification from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
You’ll get an unbelievable 5 yr guarantee which covers both parts and labor. The 5 yr warranty reflects that this vacuum is really long lasting. The maker claims that it might withstand all of those bumps and collisions you are bound to encounter while vacuuming.
The DC33 Pros and Cons
The patented Root Cyclone technology assures that the vacuum will not lose suction power as you clean.
- With the use of its telescope reach wand, you have the ability to clean locations that difficult to reach. It gives an additional 4″ of reach.
- At 23.6 pounds, it is considered really light. There is also a practical handle which makes carrying the device an extra light job to do.
- No additional cost for vacuum bags. This vacuum does not rely on bag to catch dust and dirt.
- The bin is very easy to dump. You can clear it with a push of a button. Furthermore, you may easily see if the bin requires emptying because it is transparent.
- The cable is quite long, and therefore you could almost do the entire floor by just plugging in a single outlet.
- The 5 Year warranty that covers both parts and labor should make the DC33 a wise investment.
- The DC33 switches suction to the wand when in upright position can be an issue for some users, particularly if they are wearing a long sleeved shirt as it might get sucked in when you hold the handle.
- The washable HEPA filter isn’t really tough. If washed often, it might lose its function.
- The hose was so rigid at first that it kept curling back up while trying to utilize it, and the stiff part of the hose is too long which might make it hard to maneuver.
With its patented technology, and cutting-edge features, the DC33 is a powerful vacuum that will certainly give you terrific cleaning power for years ahead. Moreover, the remarkable quality, and the 5 yr guarantee should make it the ultimate great buy. In case you want a lightweight vacuum that has the capacity to thoroughly clean your wood floors, the Dyson DC33 can be your perfect option.
4. Dyson DC40 Multi Floor Upright – Best Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Review
The next best vacuum for wood floors should be the Dyson DC40. Whatever your cleaning needs are, this vacuum can surely aid you. This powerful upright vacuum might be applied to clean all floor types. The self-adjusting cleaning head will ensure that the vacuum maintains optimal floor contact with any surface. Furthermore, it’s remarkably easy to maneuver becuse it is lightweight and includes a Ball technology.
With the Dyson Radial Root Cyclone technology, the DC40 can capture more dirt and tiny dust than any other cyclone on the market. Extra devices like the stubborn dirt brush, the flexi crevice tool, and the Dyzolv spot cleaner will make sure you get the job done. The Dyson DC40 is a health friendly vacuum given that it is approved for allergy patients by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
Dyson DC40 Key Features
There are two Dyson technologies applied in this vacuum. The first one is named the Dyson Radial Root Cyclone technology. It utilizes the technology to produce centrifugal forces many thousands of times the force of gravity that will fling dust and dirt out of the air and straight into the bin. The DC40 applies the latest Radial Root Cyclone technology which may extract more tiny particles. Because of this innovation, the DC40 does not rely on bags to catch dust and dirt.
The second innovation is named the Ball technology. This innovation is used to get rid of the steering limitations of fixed wheels. It permits the vacuum to turn on the spot so you could steer easily, altering direction with just a turn of the wrist. Another function of the ball is to hold the motor and other main components which are the heaviest part of the vacuum. Having the heaviest component inside the ball can lead to a lower center of gravity, and therefore making it even easier to drive.
Aside from those two innovations, the Dyson DC40 features a self-adjusting cleaner head so that it may adjust to various floor types. And as a result of this feature, the vacuum might accomplish optimal floor contact with any surface– decreasing leaks and sealing in suction power. This vacuum also features an instant release wand that can be stretched up to five (5) times in length for cleaning stairs and awkward areas.
All the Dyson vacuums including the DC40 are very sturdy due to the fact that they have undergone a lengthy and thorough testing program before leaving the factory. Therefore, a few knocks and bashes during everyday use will definitely not damage this vacuum. Furthermore, the Dyson DC40 vacuum cleaner also comes with a 5 year guarantee– parts and labor assured by the producer.
The DC40 Pros and Cons
- As a result of its Dyson Radial Root Cyclone technology, it never loses suction. The Technology rotates the air at unbelievably high speeds to optimize suction power.
- This machine doesn’t require bag to trap dust and dirt. You don’t need to buy bags, and therefore you could save some money.
- The Ball technology is extremely remarkable. It makes moving this device so easy. The control over the ball is truly amazing as it enables you to run the head along the base of the cabinets while tilting the vacuum on the Ball sideways away from the cabinets.
- The edge cleaning of Dyson DC40 is certainly perfect, it got everything on the floors.
- The vacuum is extremely tough. It is made of some extremely sturdy and strong material.
- It is lightweight. You could carry it around the house without a struggle. It also raises maneuverability of this vacuum.The wand tool is truly superb. It might assist you to clean stairs and locations that are hard to reach.
- The vacuum could catch very fine microscopic particles down to 0.5 microns in size, including pollen, mold and bacteria. Therefore, it is secure for asthma and allergy sufferers.
- The cord is fairly short. Several users could find it a little bit distracting.
- It is hard to put the canister back in position once you empty it because the vacuum’s connect/disconnect function is not a well-engineered function.
- The hose is truly tight right out of the box. This can trigger a trouble for some users.
Generally, we can say that the Dyson DC40 is a terrific vacuum that does a wonderful job of getting dirt you never even knew you had. If you are looking for an ideal tool for vacuuming almost all locations in your house, this vacuum could be your finest alternative.
5. Electrolux Ultra Silencer Deep Clean Canister Vacuum Review
Electrolux is a big name in home appliances. Their products are extremely innovative, and designed to satisfy the real demands of consumers. Vacuum cleaners are among their primary items. During the last century, Electrolux has sold over 350 million vacuum cleaners to households around the world. Up until now, the company has generated several of the worlds most well-liked and innovative vacuum cleaners. One of their best vacuum cleaners for wood floors is certainly the Electrolux Ultrasilencer Deep Clean canister vacuum.
The Electrolux Ultrasilencer Deep Clean vacuum is an extremely quiet, yet really powerful machine. This vacuum is considered as the quietest vacuum cleaner on the market. This very quiet cleaning experience can be accomplished through its new double hull construction and sound absorbing technology. Consequently, this vacuum may give you high performance cleaning power, without the noise.
Electrolux Ultra Silencer Key Specs
Equipped with a powerful 12 amp motor, this canister vacuum cleaner not only provides exceptional cleaning power, but it’s also relatively lightweight, making it easy to carry up and down flights of stairs. For deep down extraction of dirt, debris, and pet dander, there is a high-suction motor that is capable of holding up to 2 quarts of dust. This vacuum is not only great on wood floors, it’s actually could be used on all types of flooring. The Electrolux Ultra Silencer also has a 7 inch hose which allows you to cover greater cleaning area.
The Electrolux Ultra Silencer canister vacuum also features a HEPA filter for the ultimate in particle elimination. HEPA is the acronym for High Efficiency Particulate Air and refers strictly to filtration as the air is exhausted from the vacuum. Through this HEPA filter, the Ultra Silencer vacuum can capture fine particles like allergen and pollen. By catching those fine particles, you’ll get a cleaner living environment, making it perfect for asthmatics and allergy sufferers.
The cable rewind component is another interesting function of this vacuum cleaner. With this attribute, you don’t need to spend time wrapping the cord after you are done vacuuming. The cord will automatically wrap when you press the wire rewind button on the canister. Moreover, the length of the cord makes it simple to transport providing better floor coverage.
To show suction level, bag indicator along with the filter indicator, there are some on board advanced electronics. As a result, you may adjust the suction power electronically by the press of a button. For a complete cleaning experience, the Electrolux Ultra Silencer Deep Clean comes with the DeepClean power head, dusting brush, on-board crevice tool, an upholstery tool, and separate parquete floor brush. This vacuum cleaner is backed up with a peace-of- mind 5 year limited guarantee. This 5 yr guarantee shows that the company is committed to supplying the highest quality machines.
Electrolux Ultra Silencer Deep Clean Pros and Cons
- The vacuum is extremely quiet, and really effective in cleaning all types of flooring particularly wood floors. It is the quietest vacuum cleaner on the market. The fact that this vacuum is very quiet, is a great help when you require to talk to someone (one-on-one or on the phone).
- The high-suction motor will certainly permit you to clean deep down to remove all the dirt, debris, and pet dander.
- It’s quite light and easy to move around.
- It comes with a lot of add-ons to aid you clean all kinds of flooring.
- HEPA filter in the vacuum can trap dangerous particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and tobacco smoke, and therefore the vacuum can be utilized to improve indoor environmental conditions for people with allergies, asthma and other respiratory ailments as well as protect the health of everyone in your home.
- The hose is a bit rigid but every canister I’ve used appears to be this way, just hold the hose with the other hand: issue solved.
- The three buttons to control the vacuum are situated on the handle you grasp at the top of the wand. You should try really hard not to touch them mistakenly as you vacuum.
The Electrolux Ultra Silencer is a very quiet vacuum, and has outstanding cleaning capability. Moreover, It’s relatively lightweight, making it easy to carry up and down flights of stairs. On the whole, this vacuum must be ideal for those who are searching for an extremely quiet, and an affordable canister vacuum cleaner that includes a full-size power brush and bare floor brush to clean carpets and wood floors.If you like this article, please rate it.