The United States has the highest rate of pet ownership in the world with over 60% of households having at least one pet, led by dogs and cats.
Whether you own a dog, cat or birds, having the best vacuum for pet hair is essential in maintaining not only the cleanliness of your home’s surroundings but also its air quality.
Pets with fur often shed not just hair but also dander leaving allergens in the air that can be harmful to health.
Pet vacuum cleaners are one of the best ways to sweep away unwanted hair balls and rid the air of pollutants that can cause allergies and asthma.
We love our pets, but we also love a clean house. So to live happily with the former, but still have the latter, a good quality vacuum that is effective on pet hair is essential.
Removing pet hair from any surface can be a challenge and a tedious job where or whenever you are doing it, so finding & buying the best vacuum for pet hair is something you have to get right from the start.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Our Pick the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
- The Top Three Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Brands
- Top 4 Best Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviews
- #1. Dyson DC25 All-Floors Upright Vacuum Review
- #2. Eureka 71B Hand Held Vacuum Review
- # 3. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Review
- #4. Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Pet Hair Vacuum Buying Guide
Top 3 Our Pick the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
- >> Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- >> Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum
- >> Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
Top 4 Best Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviews
#1. Dyson DC25 All-Floors Upright Vacuum Review
If you have stay turned with this website then you may find I rarely weigh a vacuum’s overall performance by using suction powers. This is not because I don’t care about it but the overall performance of a vacuum will vary by a lot of factors and suction power is actually just one of these factors. Furthermore, a vacuum’s suction power itself is also affected by other conditions such as motor’s efficiency, number of filters, where the filters placed at and other unique technologies master by company and so on. Therefore, it’s hard to count up a vacuum’s suction power by words or numeral well and truly, we should spend more time or energy on other designs and features since these things will largely affect the overall performance of a vacuum.
Even though this Dyson DC25 All-Floors Vacuum has released to market over several years, it remains a decent sales volume at Amazon. With no doubt, it is because of the brand effect, Dyson—the luxury vacuum brand that everyone wants-the modern design, a crowd of patented technology and those advertisements which are beyond reality and bring us infinite fantasy. Totally for the reason of Dyson’s brand name, Most of the reviews available on the internet are biased, partially are to lavish praise on this vacuum blindly while some of the reviews are just going to blacken Dyson’s name and ignore every good point of them. If you are interested in this vacuum, there is no harm in spending time to read the following review, I believe that you will obtain informative and unbiased information of the vacuum so you can determine if the vacuum is suitable for you or not.
- Ball Technology—Ride on a ball. First at all, we need to be clear that Dyson is intensely proud of the patented technology research by themselves. This Ball Technology is absolutely beloved by Dyson as it is applied to almost every Dyson’s upright vacuum. The Ball Technology is definitely a revolution to the traditional upright vacuum. Firstly, this vacuum applies a ball which is made by “Glass-reinforced Polypropylene” to accomplish the pivot of it, motor is also put into the ball in order to lower the gravity center of the vacuum. It makes forward and backward easier. Secondly, you may find the maneuverability of this vacuum obviously better than other upright vacuums which are relied on the fixed wheels to maneuver. The Dyson DC25 Ball Vacuum adopted a giant ball to replace the traditional wheels on the bottom part which allows veer across the carpet or bare floors even with a narrow radius. This technology also has a time saver feature because it reduces the work done, we don’t need to push the vacuum forward, pull it back or adjust the direction anymore, just simply push forward and exert a bit force on the handle to avoid obstacles, edges of couches or table.
- 5-year parts and labor warranty. Dyson shows their style as a man of big deeds in after-sales services. Their products are fully tested and fit in with industry standards. It generously provides 5-year warranty while other brands often offer only two years. An independent service center achieves a well-known reputation. Because of the professional customer services team which are familiar with Dyson’s vacuum products, they can always provide constructive advices and solutions by asking the noise, temperature or condition of vacuum parts. If you believe buying a Dyson vacuum is an investment, this 5-year warranty could absolutely help to rationalize your risk.
- Root Cyclone Technology. There are many similar technologies like Cyclone Filter, Cyclone Dust-Cup or Cyclonic Technology to flood in the vacuum’s market, but the Cyclone principle that uses by upright vacuum is started by Dyson. This Cyclone Technology complements the main problem of traditional bagged vacuum.—The lose of suction, the holes on the bag are blocked by dust or dirt.
- Motorized brush bar. This upright vacuum has a motorized vacuum head with a very high speed up to 90 times per second. In theory, the higher spinning speed the higher chance that vacuum can catch up dirt from deep side of carpet which represent the greater cleaning effectiveness. However, a high seed brush head will probably damage fiber and texture of the carpet and leave a mark that is impossible to wipe away. You can turn off the spinning brush manually but the entire meaning of the motorized brush bar will become to go for nothing. It will be more reasonable if the speed of the brush bar could be adjusted.
- Low profile head. On the other hand, the upright vacuum has a low profile head. This is just of little value like the high speed motorized brush bar without an adjustable spinning speed. The original intention of the low profile head is for the convenience when facing area under house furnishings or narrow angle. But the designer of Dyson seems likely to omit their main selling point—Ball Technology. The giant ball will never allow you to put the entire bottom part of vacuum into area under house furnishings, which means only a little portion of the vacuum head could reach the narrow angle area.
- No height adjustment. The Dyson upright vacuum has no manual brush height adjustment nor automatic brush height adjustment, that expresses the distance between vacuum head and the carpet is not optimized and will probably fail to suck up dirt and dust inside the carpet effectively. As we know that, this vacuum is not to brag about carpet cleaning, but completely ignore this basic yet important issue cannot be admired.
To sum up, I feel frustrated with this vacuum, an expensive one which turns a deaf ear to basic and important features. Indeed the Ball Technology is an evolution and it’s considerably fun when running vacuum. It is however really expensive. There are also many vacuums with great flexibility and maneuverability in the market with only one third price compare with this upright vacuum. If you are intended to buy a vacuum for bare floors only or will not give up until you tried a Dyson, you may give it a shot. But if you have a house with pets or carpet, just move away from the fantasy created by television advertisements and do some research on other vacuums.
#2. Eureka 71B Hand Held Vacuum Review
As you know not all of the best vacuum cleaners on the market are upright models, a huge amount of people do not have a great deal of space, or they want a vacuum which quickly moves around the house without having to pull round a 16-20lbs up-right vac.
Now saying that, the Eureka 71B is a mains powered hand held model and weighs in at only 5lbs.
Below I have provided some details on what I have found that you will want to know about this superb hi-spec low cost vacuum.
If you are in a hurry and just want to know where the best place to buy this or any vacuum cleaner, then you will find that Amazon has the lowest prices by far.
The Key Features of the 71B
- 20-foot power cord
- Weighs only 5 pounds
- Crevice Tool with stretch hose
- Bag-less dust filter
- Twin motors
- The rising visor nozzle
Stretchable Hose and Crevice tool. The Eureka comes supplied with a hose that can stretch three times its size (approx 3ft), this added with the Crevice Tool makes it easier to reach into hard to get areas when cleaning sofas, stair carpets and even vehicle upholstery.
This Vacuum Has Got Twin Motors. The Eureka 71B high power suction comes from its (2) motors – motor one provides power to its revolving brush and the second motor is used for its suction. This twin motor system allows the power to be evenly distributed this is so that one motor is not stressed out by doing two jobs.
It’s Bag-less. This little hand held vac has no bag to be change, it just has a small filter and a cup that holds any dust and hair that it picked up, they both require regular cleaning.
The Rising Visor Nozzle Cover. One of the Eureka 71B great innovations is its front “Riser Visor” this is a clear plastic cover that stays down for normal cleaning but then its can be flipped up so that the vacs revolving brush behind can reach your carpets vertical stair risers or upholstery.
20 foot of Power cord. This vacuum has a 20-foot long power cord; this allows for great reach the cord can easily wrapped around the back of its body for ideal storage purposes.
- Two great quality motors
- 20 ft of power cord
- The riser visor nozzle
- The flexible crevice tool
- 5 lbs of vacuum gets a bit heavy after using it for a while
- Possibly should have had a better handle for easy carrying
- The brush roller can get clogged up with long pet hairs etc “but so can every other brush style vac”
Why should you buy this vacuum: if you are, a pet owner then this vacuum could be the ideal quick and easy answer to your problems with your furry friend hair loss. The 71B has two high-powered motors an attached tool for hard to get to areas and it has a huge amount of power cord.
# 3. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Review
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld 33A1 Vacuum: If you are looking for the cheapest vacuum designed for removing pet hair off any surface mentionable then look no further, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum has a very powerful motor; it is lightweight, and extremely cheap for a vacuum of this spec.
Below I have provided some details on what you need to know about this vacuum and whether it suits your requirements.
This mains hand held vacuum contains two specially designed nozzles to make cleaning up after your hairy friends effortless.
The contour nozzle supplied with this vacuum bends and flexes effectively to pull out dirt and hair stuck on problem areas such as on stairs, along armrests and other curved and hard to reach surfaces.
The hard nozzle is great for picking up pet food, kitty litter, or even every day dirt. It is also great for vehicle interiors!
Lets Look at all The Features of This Compact Vacuum.
- Mains Powered Handheld Cleaner.
- Designed Specifically for Pet Hair Pick-Up
- Lightweight Vacuum Weighing Only 1.8kg (4 lbs)
- Inter-Changeable Flexible Contour Nozzle, plus a Hard Nozzle
- It Has a Powerful 500 watt Motor
- Can Be Easily Stored Away: Taking Very Little Room Space
- Extremely portable and lightweight
The contour nozzle helps to work the pet hair out of the fabric or carpet
Very powerful 500 watt motor
Bag-less dirt container
Very affordable price for what you get in the box
16 ft power cord
- This vacuum motor can be a little loud, but I think the noise comes with having such a powerful 500w sucking motor on a handheld vac!
- The exhaust does blow very close to the suction so when cleaning up a larger area it can sometimes interfere with the pick-up
Who would buy This Vacuum Cleaner: For people love their animals but hate hairy furniture, carpets and floors.
This is ideal for people who want to use this vac for quick jobs round the home and not having to lug round a big heavy vacuum all round the house.
This is great for cleaning your computer keyboard, getting rid of them flyaway hairs that always get stuck between your keys.
The Pet Eraser is a must for vehicle owners, especially people who own pets, it cleans seats, carpets, and anywhere your pooch has lumbered over!
#4. Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Getting a bargain on a high-quality vacuum is like getting an unexpected treat at Christmas. In fact, the Dyson DC14 vacuum is one treat that I am glad that I tried.
I am a pretty busy person, like most of us today! I do not want to spend any more time cleaning and vacuuming that I have to. I want the cleaning to be efficient and as simple as possible. That is why I needed a good vacuum that did not waste too much of my time, while doing a great job cleaning my floors. And it did a fantastic job at that!
What did I see in the Dyson DC14 vacuum? Well, besides the color and the fact that it uses a HEPA filter, the features are good for the price. In fact, you should check these out:
- Powerful suction
- Motorized type brush bar
- Reasonably lengthy telescopic type reach
- Quick edge cleaning
- Wide brushes
- Easy to empty, bagless bin
But that’s not all as Dyson DC14 vacuum was designed to clean all sorts of flooring with ease. It uses cyclonic suction which means, like a tornado, it can act more efficiently than the more traditional types of bag vacuums.
Another excellent feature has to be the extendable wand that reaches some seventeen feet at full length. However, you can make it shorter to suit your needs. It makes getting under furniture much easier and agitates the air, simply dislodging dust so that everything can be sucked right up. It even works on upholstery and curtains, reaching deep into the fabrics!
The Dyson DC14 vacuum was a great purchase for me. In fact, I’ve found that my allergies have improved greatly as a result. Though it might not be for everyone, price-wise, it is a budget type machine with all the sections of a high end model that costs thousands. It also has a Dyson warranty on new upright vacuums have a 5 year parts and labor warranty, which you just can’t beat!
I highly recommend this Dyson DC14 as it has helped me tremendously with my cleaning — and I’m certain you find it that way also.If you like this article, please rate it.