Bissell has been in the carpet cleaning business since 1876, and the fact that Queen Victoria in the 1890s insisted that her palace be cleaned with a Bissell cleaner each week, giving the palace attendants more time on their hands, has meant that everyone wants a claim on a machine which gets to work and makes cleaning easy and trouble free.
In 2005 Bissell launched their SpotBot portable deep cleaner, specially designed to clean up after pets, and to this day Bissell deep-cleaning machines are what makes them the first choice for homeowners. It is the perfect portable carpet cleaners for cleaning carpets, upholstery and for cleaning your car, more so with its easy cleaning system and removable tanks.
BISSELL SpotClean Portable Carpet Cleaner, 5207A – this portable carpet cleaner is priced at $79.99 and gets a 4 star rating out of 5 from the customers who have tried it. Customers love the way the SpotClean removes deep-down dirt and stains, not temporarily, but permanently.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
Table of Contents
Features of the SpotClean Portable Carpet Cleaner
- Internal water heating system – the heating system is known as Heat Wave Technology – air is directed from the motor to the base of the clean water tank, keeping the water warm
- Tanks are removable and easy to fill and empty – two removable tanks – one for clean water and the other for dirty water. There is a rubber stopper for the clean water tank, with the contoured top being used as a funnel. The dirty tank comes with a float and valve system which is also removable which makes cleaning so much easier. Customers say that being able to remove and clean all parts of the dirty water tank is an advantage and improvement over earlier models
- Its slim size allows it to fit easily on narrow stairway ledge
- Comes with an 8oz trial size Spot and Stain formula & also with an 8oz trial size Oxygen Boost formula
- Permanently removes stains and ingrained dirt
- Heatwave Technology means the cleaner maintains a consistent water temperature
- Soft grip handle allows for comfort
- 3 inch Tough Stain tool to get to all those hard to reach spots – the tool has a scrub brush and suction nozzle on the head while the spray nozzle is placed behind it
- The Deep Reach Tool removes embedded dirt – the Deep Reach tool also uses a scrub brush with nozzles to penetrate water for a deep clean. The nozzles with water jets, scrub the carpet and push the water deep into
- The water jets squirt water sideways instead of down
- Pre-set cleaning cycles – spray, brush, and remove both stains and odors.
Pros of Bissell SpotClean Portable 5270A
- This carpet cleaner is an easy to handle due to the fact its small in size and can be moved around without any problem
- It removes most of stains perfectly
- The wand is pretty easy to use and handle
- It has separate tanks for dirty and clean water that are easy to get removed and filled when needed
Cons of Bissell SpotClean Portable 5270A
- Despite the fact there is a heatwave technology installed to provide warm water consistently still the water doesn’t come out warm enough
- Vacuum suction is weak that causes carpet to remain comparatively wet and it is not able to suck all water that is being sprinkled
- Dirty and clean water tanks are very small and would not allow you to work on a large surface area; it may require removing dirty water tank repeatedly as it’s not able to hold much water in it
For high-traffic areas to upholstery and more, for pet lovers specifically, the SpotClean is the ideal way to keep your home clean and fresh. Though the Bissell carpet cleaner leaves carpet wet without completely drying the water being sprinkled still it cleans the stains effectively and your carpets will have a clean fresh look after using this product.