If you are looking for a large, classic style gas grill, the Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill might be exactly the product you are looking for. It is a wide, stationary gas grill with a great degree of cooking power and a healthy amount of extra working space available.
With a 665 square inch cooking surface, you can provide food for groups of quite a large size. Char-Broil’s grill comes in at a very attractive price for the features it provides, and does not disappoint anywhere in the grilling process.
It comes with useful casters along the bottom side of the unit to assist with placement of the 115 pound grill in any backyard environment. The base and under- carriage are sturdy and stable with very little chance of the unit tipping over while moving it around.
As its name implies, the Char-Broil Classic 480 40000 BTU 4-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner comes with an extra large exposed side-burner on one side, and another equally sized work table on the other. The added side tables and additional burners make this grill perfect for larger groups of people with plenty of space for trays, food and utensils both on and off the grill.
This is my dream bbq grill. It is very nice looking, works great and cheap price. This is must have grill for you
Table of Contents
Features Of The Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill
- Four Extra Large, High-Powered Burners. The extra large interior burners provide 48,000 BTUs of heat over a 665 square inch cooking surface, which makes this one of the biggest grills in its price class. It is a definite advantage when planning larger parties, family reunions and other events.
- Electronic Ignition. You will not have to worry about keeping matches next to the grill with the electronic ignition feature included in the Char-Broil Classic 480 40000 BTU 4-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner. With a single button press, the fire is on.
- Simple Temperature Control. The front-mounted knobs control each of the four main burners. These can be individually set towards temperatures unique to the type of food placed upon them without unnecessary thermal crossover. It is possible to slowly roast meat while giving vegetables a quick, hot grill under the same lid.
- Removable Grease Tray. If your least favorite part of any barbeque is cleaning up at the end, you are not alone. The manufacturers of this unit have thoughtfully designed a removable and easily cleaned grease tray under the cooking range of this grill.
- Cool Exterior Surface. The handle of the steel lid and all other parts that you, as a user, are likely to touch are thermally non-conductive, making it easy to avoid being accidentally burned by a hot surface. This is a common issue with stainless steel grills because of the steel’s thermal conductivity.
- Porcelain-Coated Cast Iron Grates. The actual cooking surface of the Char-Broil Classic 480 40000 BTU 4-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner is very smooth and of unusually high quality for a grill of this price. Many meats and fish that are traditionally messy refuse to stick to the porcelain-coated grates, making cleanup much easier.
Pros And Cons Of The Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill
This is a very well designed and sturdy outdoor cooking appliance, and comes with a number of key advantages. The stainless steel construction is probably the first thing that experienced grillers are likely to notice, and it ensures that the unit is well made and long lasting.
The electronic ignition and easily accessed temperature control knobs are another set of key benefits to using this grill, and their quality of construction places it on another level relative to competing grills.
The extra large cooking surface deserves special mention, because it is one of the largest available for home use while remaining conveniently operable by a single grill master. Assembly is pretty simple and leaves very little room for error- a good hour or two is more than enough to get it up and running.
Disadvantages to this unit are few, but it would be good to see a natural gas option included. Natural gas can only be used with this unit through a special conversion procedure that has to be done by a specialist. A rotisserie grill would be good, too. Although that can be purchased separately, on a grill this size, it is an obvious choice and should be standard.
The Char-Broil Classic 480 40000 BTU 4-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner is a high quality grill that comes at a low price and offers a spacious and powerfully heated cooking surface – definitely worth the investment.