The Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill is a powerful little grill that places maximum priority on convenience and space. Ideal for camping trips, picnics, boating or taligating, this grill has been designed to take up as little room as possible in transit while unfolding to allow the maximum amount of grilling area.
This is a design philosophy that the Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill embodies successfully. With 285 square inches of cooking space, the Roadtrip is very much a full-size grill that collapses into a tiny, portable package, caster wheels and all.
It weighs in at a scant 60 pounds, which comes off even lighter when it is rolled on the included caster wheels. It can also be folded and placed on a countertop or table, which is a great convenience in rocky outdoor areas or on any unstable terrain.
Everything about the Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill is designed to deliver maximum grilling power in a small but effective package for travelers and adventurers alike. In this, Coleman succeeds through the innovative adoption of a number of useful features.
This is a great grill for camping. It works great, perfect size and high quality.
Table of Contents
Features Of The Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill
- Full-Size Grill In A Tiny Package. This grill carries two adjustable-temperature burners that put out 10,000 BTU per hour on 285 square inches of cooking space. That is more than enough to feed a family, and can even service larger parties with ease.
- Durable Construction. Being made for travel, it would be a shame not to design this unit to take some hits, and its cast-iron and aluminum construction gives it enough durability to withstand any elements you might be traveling through.
- Collapsible Design. Although the grill expands to full-size when in use, it can be collapsed and tucked away easily for travel. In its collapsed form, it takes up 36 by 22 by 13 inches, giving a size similar to an average luggage case, as well as an unobtrusive form for stowing.
- Dual Extendable Side Tables. One of the more clever additions to the Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill is the slide-out side tray on either side of the grill. These two trays are very useful for holding plates, cooked and uncooked meats, as well as other utilities in environments where clean, flat surfaces are at a premium.
- Easy To Clean. The whole traveling grill concept would not be nearly as successful if the grill was not simple and easy to clean. By using a modular design by which each element of the grill can be removed and cleaned separately, avoiding a greasy mess in the trunk of your car is simple and takes little time.
- Matchless Lighting. Nobody wants to be stuck in the middle of the forest with pounds of uncooked meat, a propane grill that is ready to go and no matches. This grill was designed to light itself in what may eventually save the day for you and your friends and family.
Pros And Cons Of The Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill
This grill is full-featured when it comes to addressing the needs of the traveling grill master. Advantages to its use include the convenient design, full scaled grilling surface and high output burners.
It is designed to be accompanied by a 16.4-ounce propane tank, which gives it 2.5 hours of high-power grill time- more than enough for one or two grilling sessions.
Coleman’s PerfectFlow control system ensures a consistent temperature for your meats, poultry, fish, or vegetables and lets you set the exact temperature you prefer without much hassle. Clean up is a breeze due to the simple design of the grill and burners as well.
The main disadvantage to this unit would probably be the design of the side-trays. They are completely flat and, used in an environment that is rarely perfectly flat, can easily lead to their contents being flipped over or spilled onto the ground. This can be avoided through careful use, but on a family camping trip with children around, it seems like an accident waiting to happen. It would have been nice to see at least a raised edge that could prevent this from happening.
This a great grill, ideal for the purpose for which it was designed and thought-through meticulously in the process. For a traveling family man, fisher or hunter, the Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill is one of the best solutions on the market for easy and high-quality portable grilling.If you like this article, please rate it.