Table of Contents
- Copper Chef Pan Overview
- Pros and Cons
- Are Copper Chef Pans Safe?
- Does Copper Chef Pan Work?
- Top 5 Copper Chef Pan Reviews
- 1. Copper Chef 11″ XL Cookware set (5 Pc)
- 2. Copper Chef 4 pc system, 6 in 1 pan
- 3. Copper Chef Square Fry Pan with Lid, 9.5 inch
- 4. Copper Chef Round Pan- 10 and 12 Inch 2 Pack
- 5. Copper Chef Deep Square Pan Set
- A Little Advice in Caring For Your Pans
Copper Chef Pan Overview
I am always on the lookout for the best cooking utensils to make my cooking easy and enjoy my food without much of the cooking hassles. And among the kitchen wares, some of my favorite utensils are the cooking pan. This is why I always check the newest products on the market to find the best.
However, the ones I see all seemed to be the same and I already have some of them. Then I unexpectedly found the Copper Chef pan.
Checking on its qualities, I found out that these are made either of ceramics, stainless steel or aluminum and coated with 100% copper. Accordingly, copper pans have high conductivity to heat, very durable and scratch resistant. You can also use them on a variety of stoves and still gets the same quality cooking result.
As I got very interested with this product, I ordered mine and this was the Copper Chef 11-inch XL cookware set. I needed a bigger pan so this was my choice.
The first time I used it, I was really amazed. I love everything about my set. It’s very light and I did not put oil in it. I have already cooked a variety of foods with it and I loved the result. That is why I decided to share to you my user’s experience with my pan.
Nevertheless, providing you info for just one product, I think, would be a sin so I am also reviewing other four Copper Chef pans that have different qualities so that you too can have a wider option.
Pros and Cons
First, I want to generalize the pros and cons of the Copper Chef Pans which is the main point of my Copper Chef Pans review. So the following are speaking about the products’ advantages and disadvantages in general.
- Cook quickly and evenly without burn spots
- Partly made with ceramics for durability and high heat conductivity
- Dishwasher safe
- Surface is scratch resistant
- Best for deep frying, baking, roasting and steaming
- Free from PTFE and PFOA
- Non-stick surface for any type of food
- Very durable
- Some covers are made of tempered glass
- Can withstand heat from 450 to 850 degrees Fahrenheit
- Some of them can be used on gas stoves, electric stoves and induction stoves
- Most of them are somewhat thin than expected
- All of them need to be used only on low flames
- Non-stick feature may only last for months if used with metal utensils and careless cleaning
Are Copper Chef Pans Safe?
From my research, yes, I found them to be safe. Copper only produces trace elements needed to support our bodies’ metabolism process. In fact, the Copper Chef pans products I am about to show you today were all PTFE and PFOA-free. These two compounds are both toxic and usually present on paints, foams, containers including cooking utensils.
Also, the Copper Chef pans are supposed to possess non-stick qualities. Meaning, every food you put in must not stick on the copper coating and the coating remained just on the surface of the pan. For the pan covers, these are made of tempered glasses which are also highly resistant to heat. So everything that make up the Copper chef pans were tested for their durability and efficiency.
Does Copper Chef Pan Work?
Copper pans work on stove just like any other pans because ceramics or stainless steel can conduct heat quickly. However, in terms of conduction cooking, only those that have metal undersides can be used. Induction only works on hard metal like stainless steel, iron, and steel as it uses the force of magnetism to heat things that are on top of the metal and in this case, the food we cook.
Simply put, if the Copper Pan has ceramics underside, these won’t work with induction stoves. But if it has a metal underside like stainless steel, there will be no problem with your cooking whatsoever.
Top 5 Copper Chef Pan Reviews
1. Copper Chef 11″ XL Cookware set (5 Pc)
This is the set that I bought. It is a 5-piece set with a square pan that is 11-inch wide and 60% more food capacity to boot. The set is composed of the lid made of tempered glass, a fry basket, steam rack and a recipe book. Guaranteed to be PTFE & PTOA-free, it is oven safe even at 800 degrees Fahrenheit. With a plate made of 100% ceramics, I use it mainly on my induction stove for a more even cooking.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
I can cook a variety of food with this set and I love especially the food recipes presented on its book. Each food recipe seems to have fitted with every part of the set. I especially like deep frying and with what I’m doing with my Copper pan, I know I am getting the value for my money.
- Best for deep frying or cooking any types of food
- Oven safe up to 850 degrees Fahrenheit
- Quality construction
- Real non-stick feature
- Heats up quickly and evenly
- Food unlikely to burn easily
- Easy to clean
- Copper part is only thinly coated
- Body is a bit thin
- Need to be used on low flames on open stove
2. Copper Chef 4 pc system, 6 in 1 pan
This pan is also proud of its ceramic–tech, non-stick technology and therefore no food is supposed to stick on it. You can fry food with it minus the oil or butter. The heat also traverses evenly on the plate which means there are no hot spots.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
Body is made of stainless steel induction plate and it can also withstand up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit. So if you want to cook your food fully on your induction stove, this might be an ideal choice.
Set includes actually five pieces to complete your cooking in a variety of ways. These are the 9.5 inches pan with 4.5 quarts capacity, glass tempered lid, fry basket, steam rack and a recipe book. You can use it on your gas stove, electric stove or on your induction cook tops. With riveted handles, the whole pan gets stable and safer to use.
- 100% PFOA, PTFE and PFOS-free
- A complete set for a more versatile coking
- Can handle high temperature cooking
- Oil-less cooking
- Scratch resistant
- Quality construction
- Perfect to use as a steamer, baking, rice cooker, roaster and general cooker
- Metal is a bit thin
- Food tends to stick after months of use
- Not 100 percent copper
- Mainly of aluminum made
- A bit small for a standard cooking pan
- Metal utensils can easily scratch the surface
3. Copper Chef Square Fry Pan with Lid, 9.5 inch
This square-designed pan is also made of ceramics and copper for its coating. Very easy to clean and can cook without oil or butter in it. You can also use oil if you want more flavors for your food. With stainless steel induction plate, there would be no hot spots within the surface of the plate. The pan’s depth is about 2 ¼ inches so it can be perfect for basic frying.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
From its ad, it is 25 percent deeper than ordinary pans of its size. With multi-purpose use, you can use it for baking, roasting or even as a rice cooker. And with its Cerami-Tech Non-Stick technology, you know your food won’t stick to it. It is also heat resistant up to 800 degrees but it is suggested that you should use it on low fire.
- Square shape for easy turning of food
- Very easy to clean
- Non-stick (oil-less)
- For fast, even coking
- 100% free from PFOA and PTFE
- Heat resistant up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Not very deep as advertised
- Non-stick feature may not last long with constant use
- Not 100 percent copper
- Need to be used on low flame only
- Lid is not made of tempered glass
- Can easily get scratched if used with metal utensils.
4. Copper Chef Round Pan- 10 and 12 Inch 2 Pack
You have two non-stick pans with this set – the 10-inch and 12-in round pans. Both are made with stainless steel induction plate to cook your food evenly and fast. Also, both of their handles are riveted which is a good indicator that the items are solidly made.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
You can basically roast, grill, fry, bake and sauté with these two pans and their non-stick qualities make them perfect for an all-around cooking minus the grease on your food.
Another best feature of this twin pans is their resistance to heat up to 850 degrees Fahrenheit. With this, you can continuously use them and you’ll get an evenly distributed heat on their surfaces with no worries you might burn your food. Without the PFOA and PTFE, this might really take you away from eating residues that could possibly flake or chip from the coating.
- Cooks food evenly and fast
- Versatile cooking (grill, roast, bake and sauté)
- Resistant to heat up to 850 degrees
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe handling
- PFOA and PTFE-free
- Don’t come with lids
- Non-stick feature may not last long
5. Copper Chef Deep Square Pan Set
This set is composed of a glass lid, roast rack, fry basket and a recipe book. With a complete package you can use this as your roasting cookware, a steamer, a baking pan, rice cooker and a stock pot.
It actually has 5-layer construction. These are the PFOA and PTFE ceramic coating, base non-stick ceramic coating, aluminum core, heat resistant exterior coating and its stainless steel induction base.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
You can use it on low heat only and expect the heat to be evenly distributed. With a surface made of Ceramic-Tech non-stick coating, this makes frying easy and fast. But then, the cleaning part is the part where you should be wary about because using a super coarse scrub may damage its non-stick coating.
- Oil-less cooking
- Can be put inside an oven to bake
- Can withstand up to 450 degrees
- Dishwasher safe and very easy to clean
- Versatile cooker with complete accessories– best for deep frying and steaming.
- Very light with handsome features
- Pans are a bit smaller as shown on TV
- Non-stick coating won’t last long
A Little Advice in Caring For Your Pans
Every piece of the Copper Chef Pans set mentioned above can be useful, convenient to use, no hassles to clean and very light. However, I’ve seen that some reviews point to one major issue. These are all about the short-lived, non-stick features of the Copper Chef pans.
About my Copper Chef Pan, this is still going nicely and the non-stick element is still intact. Even I have been using this for a couple of months.
So even I’m not sure how some users gone desperate with their pans I would suggest that never scrub your Copper Chef pan while it is hot. Take time to let your pan cool up and scrub it only with soft sponge.
The Copper Chef pans can really be a great addition to your kitchen cooking wares. Lots of people love them because of their versatility, high heat conductivity and efficiency especially when quick and easy cooking is required.
But among these five Copper Chef Pans, I chose the Copper Chef 11″ XL Cookware set (5 Pc) which I have purchased. Not because it proves itself to be worthy but because all the qualities I want in a copper pan, this one has it.
Now for the rest of the pans, I have chosen to review them because they put up quality features which are above the rest than ordinary pans of ceramic made. With high heat conductivity plus the non-stick quality, all these can surpass even the popular ceramic pots and pans that people are craving about.
Basically, what you have here are very easy to clean pans that can heat up even on low flames and this spells saving on cooking gas. It can also save you a lot of time in cooking, nevertheless. They also don’t rust because these are not made of low-quality metal but of ceramics, stainless steel and copper.
In terms of the non-stick feature which some people think don’t actually last I think the company that makes these pans should check on this. Still, the bottom line is that, while the positive reviews outranked the bad sides of the product, it is still convenient to own a Copper Chef Pan.