A powerful, intelligently designed, energy-saving, and reliable dishwasher has become a basic necessity in the today’s busy lifestyles. After all, this dishwasher unit is fast, efficient, space-saving, and great at dish washing. It gives you a unique opportunity to get clean dishes while saving great amounts over its life.
Countertop dishwashers are the perfect option for people having small kitchens. They enable you to get clean dishes, glasses, plates, and cutlery quickly. Choose a quiet dishwasher to maintain your peaceful living environment. Save time and energy in your kitchen with the best dishwasher.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Best Dishwashers on the market
- Top 5 Best Dishwasher Reviews
- 1. SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White
- 2. Danby DDW611WLED Countertop Dishwasher
- 3. SPT SD-2202W Countertop Dishwasher
- 4. EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Portable Dishwasher
- 5. BLACK+DECKER 6 Place Dishwasher
- How to determine which dishwasher to purchase?
- Power/ water consumption
- Space in the kitchen
- What are top rated dishwashers?
- Tub material: plastic vs. stainless steel
- Wash and rinse cycles
- Pre-rinsing and food disposal
- Steam jets
- Digital displays vs. dial controls
- Smart features
- Why do we need to get the best rated dishwashers?
Top 3 Best Dishwashers on the market
Top 5 Best Dishwasher Reviews
The market is full of stylish and feature-rich dishwasher these days. If you’re not sure how to pick out the right dishwasher, read through our dishwasher reviews to determine what you should look for. We’ve evaluated the dishwashers to give our readers an idea about the dishwashers. Take a look at our shining stars.
1. SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White
SPT Appliance is a company widely known for its innovative and efficient health and massage products, kitchen appliances, and home appliances.
It offers a vast range of well designed and affordable products, including air purifiers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, window air conditioners, wine coolers, compact refrigerators, dishwashers, air coolers, portable air conditioners, and many others.
The company follows stringent testing procedures to ensure the quality and durability of its products. The SPT Countertop Dishwasher is one of the most popular offerings of SPT Appliance.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Its primary features are mentioned below:
- The dishwasher weighs 43 pounds and measures 21.6 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches.
- The space-saving design makes it the perfect option for office kitchens, apartments, and small kitchens.
- Its interior is made of strong stainless steel.
- User-friendly and simple controls help you operate this machine easily.
- A large cavity is provided to help you load up to 6 regular place settings.
- The dishwasher is designed to fit perfectly between cabinetry and countertops.
- Six wash cycles, including soak, speed, glass, light, normal, and heavy, help you choose the right cycle for your specific needs.
- It is designed to be connected to any regular kitchen faucet.
- It includes a silverware basket and dish rack.
2. Danby DDW611WLED Countertop Dishwasher
Danby is a family owned business of electrical appliances. Since its inception in 1947, the company has been developing safe and quality appliances for its consumers.
Its main office is located in Montreal, Quebec. It opened its first office in the United States in 1992 in Findley, Ohio.
Its innovative products are promoted under different brand names, including Danby, Danby Diplomat, Silhouette, Arcticaire, Danby Premiere, Simplicity, and Danby Designer. The company products satisfy the quality and safety standards of ETL, NRTL, UL, and CSA.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
The Danby DDW611WLED Countertop Dishwasher is an advanced cleaning unit that offers the following features:
- The dishwasher weighs around 50 pounds and measures 21.6 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches.
- Its interior is made of strong stainless steel that protects it from potential damage.
- Its well-designed interior helps you clean the dishwasher easily and effortlessly.
- A normal cycle uses 12 liters of water to clean your dishes.
- The dishwasher includes six programmable settings for your convenience.
- An electronic display is provided to monitor the dishwasher’s settings.
- Six wash cycles help you clean your dishes according to your specific needs.
- This best dishwasher includes an automatic rinse agent and detergent dispenser.
- The cleaning unit can be quickly and easily installed under any kitchen cabinet.
3. SPT SD-2202W Countertop Dishwasher
SPT Appliances is a recognized company that manufactures health and massage products, home appliances, and kitchen systems.
Its innovative and efficient products are related to different categories, such as air control, power generator, fitness and massage, refrigeration, kitchen, vacuum, and lighting.
SPT Appliances offers a wide variety of consumer products, including air coolers, induction cook tops, dishwashers, portable air conditioners, compact refrigerators, window air conditioners, and several other beneficial products.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
The SPT SD-2202W Countertop Dishwasher is a space-saving cleaning unit that helps you clean your dishes while conserving energy.
Its major features are listed below:
- The dishwasher measures 21.65 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches and weighs 48.5 pounds.
- Install this dishwasher in any office kitchen, small kitchen, or apartment under any kind of cabinetry.
- Simple user controls ensure you use and operate this machine effortlessly.
- The dishwasher is the ideal choice for small and crammed spaces.
- Efficient connection features ensure the dishwasher can be connected to any kitchen tap.
- No need for permanent installation or direct plumbing.
- Six wash cycles, including soak, speed, glass, light, normal, and heavy, help you clean dishes according to your specific needs.
- It includes a silverware basket and dish rack.
- An automatic dispenser is provided for rinse agent and detergent.
4. EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Portable Dishwasher
EdgeStar serves as the marquee brand for Living Direct, Inc. It develops and offers innovative products to its consumers to simplify their active lifestyles.
These products help people get the most out of congested and small spaces. They offer them great features like portability, safety, and durability.
EdgeStar manufactures compact and convenient appliances that deliver the best performance, safety, and features.
The EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher is the ultimate choice of people leading a busy life.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Have a look at its major features:
- The dishwasher weighs around 48.5 pounds.
- Its interior is made of stainless steel that protects it from damage and corrosion.
- The dishwasher can fit under any type of cabinetry.
- A control panel is provided with digital controls, such as wash cycle options, a child lock feature, and a delayed start mechanism.
- The delayed start feature helps you clean dishes when you want.
- Six different wash cycles are offered to add speed and ease to your cleaning activities.
- This energy-saving dishwasher consumes 61 percent less energy than conventional dishwashers.
- It utilizes 3.5 gallons of water in a normal cycle.
- A 5-foot hose ensures your convenience.
- A child lock mechanism helps you keep prevent accidental operation.
- It includes a dish rack, cutlery basket, and cup shelf.
5. BLACK+DECKER 6 Place Dishwasher
BLACK+DECKER is a popular brand that operates for Living Direct, Inc. Its exclusively designed products offer great help to people leading busy and active lives.
These innovative products become an important part of the consumers’ lives and make great additions to their comfort levels.
BLACK+DECKER offers a comprehensive collection of products that majorly focus on the efficient utilization of small, congested spaces.
The BLACK+DECKER 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher is an intelligently designed, low-profile unit that serves consumers with its amazing features.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Take a look at its basic features:
- The dishwasher weighs 46.2 pounds.
- Its durable interior is made of stainless steel that helps you clean the machine easily.
- It is designed to fit under any cabinetry without requiring permanent installation.
- Its user-frinedly controls help you operate the machine easily.
- Choose from six wash cycles to get sparkling clean dishes. These wash cycles include soak, glass, speed, light, heavy, and normal.
- Its large cavity size allows you to load up to 6 place settings.
- A cup shelf, dish rack, and cutlery basket are included to ensure proper dish arrangement.
- It includes a 5-foot hose to help you connect the dishwasher to any regular kitchen tap.
- It consumes 61 percent less energy than conventional countertop dishwashers.
The best dishwasher can help you save time, effort, and of course, money. You simply need to load the machine with plates, glasses, cutlery, and other kitchenware, turn the machine on, run your desired cycle, and you’re good to go. You’ll find sparkling clean dishes at the end of the wash cycle. So just unload the machine!
How to determine which dishwasher to purchase?
To help you get in with the program, we are going to look at how to choose the best rated dishwashers, simply by looking at some of the latest advancements made on them. Hopefully, when you get to decide to replace your existing dishwasher, or buy a new one for the first time, you will have a rough idea of what to look for. But first, we need to know the basic criterion most people use to determine which dishwasher to purchase
No matter how much we love new technology, the most important thing is how much space is in the washer compartment.
When choosing one, you need to estimate what kind of wash-load you expect to have at any given time.
If you have a small family, a small portable dishwasher with a 24 inch width, 28 inch depth and 36 inch height will do just fine.
However, you may still need a larger capacity to allow larger kitchen utensils like pots and pans if you have them.
So, alternatively you may opt for a larger drawer dishwasher or a built-in standard dishwasher.
Basically, there are three distinct types of dishwashers- compact, standard and tall tub. So, as far as capacity is concerned, your wash-load will determine the dishwasher you need.
In dishwasher terms, capacity is determined by how many place settings you can fit in the dishwasher per load. Compact allows up to 8 five-piece place settings; standard allows up to 12, and tall tub up to 14.
Power/ water consumption
This is undoubtedly the most pressing concern of many shoppers when buying dishwashers. Anything that helps to save on monthly utility bills is always welcome.
As for the power that runs the machines, dishwashers still use the standard power outlets in homes. The only thing that will determine how much power is consumed is the duration of use.
For the water consumption, again, it all depends on the load and how dirty the dishes are. So this is purely up to the way you plan to use the dishwasher.
However, there are some improvements made to modern dishwashers that will help you save on water and energy cost, which we will look at shortly.
Space in the kitchen
This is different from capacity in that you need to know exactly where you plan on installing your dishwasher in your kitchen. There are many options out there like portable dishwashers, countertop dishwashers and so on. So if the space in your kitchen is limited, you can still enjoy the convenience of having a dishwasher.
Some portable dishwashers even come with wheels and therefore can be rolled in and out of the kitchen at your convenience. Since this is an appliance that may be used three times or less in a day, a larger capacity dishwasher with wheels can still serve you even if you have limited space. Redesigning your kitchen to accommodate such appliances is another option as part of home improvement.
These three criteria are the basics of how to choose a suitable dishwasher. But since we are here to get the whole spectrum of options of dishwashers, we want to know why one should go for rated dishwashers.
What are top rated dishwashers?
If something is rated either highly or lowly it means that it is being compared to others using a certain criteria or class. For dishwashers the criterion may be related closely to the above. In view of this, we are now going to incorporate some of the latest in technology as far as dishwashers are concerned, so as to better understand why we recommend going for them.
Tub material: plastic vs. stainless steel
In the past, dishwashers came with a plastic inner tub which worked just fine. Stainless steel tubs are believed to be quieter and more energy efficient than plastic tubs.
Since modern dishwashers include different cycles of washing, drying options, etc., it is believed that with a stainless steel tub the heat is retained within the walls, making it easier to dry the dishes.
In other words, only a little power will be required during the dry cycle because of the conductive property of stainless steel compared to plastic, thus saving on costs in the long run.
Moreover, with time the old plastic tub technology warped during this drying cycle because of the heat and so damages were inevitable.
Wash and rinse cycles
Actually, this is an advancement that is purely related to health. To really get the dirt off something you need to wash it repeatedly.
Commercials on soaps and detergents promise a lot, but one thing they truly admit is that you cannot eliminate germs 100%.
Dishwashers with multiple cycles of washing, rinsing and drying at least help eliminate most of the bacteria left on the dishes.
Some manufactures of these kinds of dishwashers claim that these multiple cycles eliminate 99.9% of bacteria. This is a good thing since in the past, there was no such mention of bacteria elimination in the commercials.
Pre-rinsing and food disposal
The old practice of having to scrape off the food residue on dishes before placing them in a dishwasher wasn’t such a big deal. Well, now there are dishwashers which do all that for you.
You place the dirty dishes just the way they are straight from the table after a meal. It sounds ridiculous, but that’s how advanced dishwashers have become.
Some even have food disposal outlets that would not get clogged up during the wash cycle. Obviously there is the aspect of saving on water because now you will not have to run the taps and only use the water in the dishwasher to clean the dishes.
Another inclusion in some models is the steam clean option. This helps to loosen the food residue from the dishes before the wash cycles, again reducing the amount of water used in the whole process.
Basically what this technology seeks to address is the need to completely eliminate food residue from dishes by spraying hot water from every angle. This is mostly useful when washing delicate and fragile items.
Digital displays vs. dial controls
The digital age seems to be catching on to dishwashers as well. Touch screens are no longer the reserve of phones and televisions.
Though it is viewed as a luxury, at least there is a level of accuracy in keying in commands as opposed to turning a dial to the required settings. It is all about precision and convenience.
Another advantage of this digital control is that even lets you program your dishwasher to start at a particular time when you may not be around to control it. Automatic start or delayed start is an option many people would prefer owing to their busy lives that also comes with this digital era.
You may still need your dishwasher to do more than the options above, but remember it is all about your budget and the needs you have. Most of these advanced dishwashers cost a lot, but if you look at some of the best rated dishwashers you will notice that most of them cost less than $1000. Some of the additional improvements are:
Some dishwashers come with sensors that detect how dirty your dishes are, which means a more thorough cleaning job done. This determines the duration of the different wash, rinse, and dry cycles.
While this technology remains a company secret, it saves you the trouble of having to open and inspect the dishes if they are clean. Which makes it most welcome.
Have you ever thought that you can receive notifications on your mobile device informing you of the cycle in which your dishwasher is?
Well, dishwashers getting “smarter” are not a big surprise in this day and age of computer technology. It may not sound as interesting to some, but it is something that the tech-savvy guys would love to include in their list of smart devices.
Besides, most, if not all, other appliances are headed in that direction, why not dishwashers?
Why do we need to get the best rated dishwashers?
It is all about convenience and enjoying your lifestyle. There is nothing as boring and tedious as household chores, especially if you were born at a time when these chores had to be done manually. We have to embrace this new technology because it is here with us, and the truth is, it makes life easier.
With that said, you wouldn’t want to end up purchasing something that will not serve you efficiently, would you? Ratings make it easier to choose a dishwasher that would best suit your needs. If you can find a dishwasher that can complete all your dishwashing needs, without much physical effort from your part, so be it.
Of course, there is the aspect of cost, but if you consider the savings on electricity and water that come with these rated dishwashers it is surely worthwhile. Dishwasher options like having flexible and adjustable racks that enable you to accommodate more loads can come in handy during parties and large gatherings.
Noise insulation is obviously a plus, especially when it comes to dishwashers that have delayed timers. You can sleep soundly knowing your dinner dishes are being washed, or you can take off in the morning rush and leave the dishes to be washed later.
So, basically it is all about making your work easier, enjoyable, and faster. When you add all that to the fact that the cleanliness of your cookware may determine your health, you will appreciate that the best rated dishwashers with the latest technological improvements are a step forward towards ensuring good health of those who use them.
Just remember that when choosing which one to buy, there are a lot of things you need to take into consideration. Some of the other things to look at, and that are worth mentioning are;
- EnergyStar label: This is a rating that the Environmental Protection Agency uses to recommend a product for use. It basically rates an appliance, such as a dishwasher, for its efficiency in energy and water consumption without having to sacrifice its functionality and features.
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) ratings also seeks to guide and control home appliance manufactures to come up with energy efficient products for consumers. Most home electrical appliances are rated as highly efficient, so you still have many options to choose from.
With these two ratings you can rest assured that the dishwasher you go for is good for you, and that it will serve your purpose.
Environmental concerns such as which detergent to use and how well you dispose of your waste also comes into play. Best practices such as scraping leftover food from the plates after a meal into a garbage bin before placing them in the dishwasher are also encouraged. Detergents which are phosphate-free are also recommended by law, for a cleaner and safer environment.