Letting dogs live with you in your home can have some advantages. You can play with them, keep them safe and you will also feel safe with a canine beside you. However, there’s a bad side on this idea. Dogs actually did not change their traits of chewing and digging on things which they inherit from their ancestors. So if you give your dog a bed, think about giving it the best indestructible dog bed you can find.
There are two types of dogs in terms of wrecking their beds, those who chew and those who dig. Unfortunately, if your dog chews and digs and bigger, that’s a bigger problem head on. However, once you find the best indestructible dog bed, problem can be solved. So these are the criteria you must check.
Table of Contents
- Criteria When Finding Indestructible Dog Beds
- Rounded dog beds
- Roomy dog beds
- Orthopedic dog beds
- Choose the toughest bedding materials
- Raised tubular bed
- Top 5 Best Indestructible and Most Comfortable Dog Bed
- 1. Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large and Extra Large Breed Dogs (Headrest Edition)
- 2. PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge in Premium Edition with Solid Memory Foam
- 3. K9 Ballistics LUXURY Orthopedic Memory Foam Bolstered Dog Bed with Waterproof Liner
- 4. Kuranda Dog Bed – Chewproof – Walnut PVC – Indoor Bed – Cordura Fabric
- 5. K9 Ballistics TUFF Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed with Waterproof Liner – Ripstop Ballistic Fabric
Criteria When Finding Indestructible Dog Beds
Rounded dog beds
For dogs that chew, give them beds that are rounded and firm and covered with slick but durable vinyl type material to prevent their teeth to grab it. If your dog seems to love chewing everything in its path, give it a tough chew toy in its bed.
Roomy dog beds
A large bed can help the dog not to get bored while laying there. With small bed, it tends to grab the edges of the bed thus starting its interest to play and destroy its bed.
Orthopedic dog beds
These beds are best for large dogs and old dogs with arthritis or hip dysplasia that’s why these are made to be comfortable. So if your dog is large or an old one but still loves to chew, giving it a tough orthopedic dog bed not only supports its body but it will prefer to sleep on it rather than playing it.
Choose the toughest bedding materials
-Cordura nylon is more like a durable canvas and abrasion resistant.
-Ballistic nylon has this smoother finish but it is very tough, smooth, easy to clean and dog hairs don’t stick on it.
-Vinyl weave are mostly used on raised beds because these are tough and breathable.
-Heavy duty 40 oz. like military grade fabrics are also very durable and easier to clean.
Raised tubular bed
If no soft bed could withstand the monstrous mouth of your large dog, give it a raised bed instead as a last resort. These are mostly made of hard PVC plastic or metal that no dog could get interested to bite on.
Raised dog beds usually have vinyl weave or ballistic nylon as platforms. During cold weather, however, you may need to give your dog an old blanket to keep it warm and cozy.
Now we introduce you to the best indestructible dog beds that were tested and can prevent your dog from breaking it and your wallet.
Top 5 Best Indestructible and Most Comfortable Dog Bed
1. Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large and Extra Large Breed Dogs (Headrest Edition)
This orthopedic bed with headrest is the best indestructible dog bed for large dogs that normally have problems with their joints because of their size and weight. It can eliminate joint pain due to pressure points and only provide comfort.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
With a 7-inch height from the floor, it will prevent its body from sinking deep and can also help your dog to raise itself easily without struggling. Made with high-density foam and handmade in the USA, this is specifically designed for large dog breeds and can retain 90% of its original shape even for years.
- Handmade in USA (California).
- Designed and calibrated for large and old dogs to support their joints.
- 7-inch height to support dog’s weight and prevents joints from sinking to the floor.
- Composed of 3 layers: 1 support layer in between 2 comfort foams that contour to dog’s skeletal frame.
- Available in sizes: Large, XL, Giant XXL.
- Easy to clean and machine washable.
- Cover is made of 100% Microfiber.
- Warranty: 10 years or money back guarantee if it loses shape or contour within 10 years.
- Not advisable for small dogs.
2. PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge in Premium Edition with Solid Memory Foam
PetFusion admits that this product is chew and tear resistant and should be considered anyone’s best indestructible dog bed. Accordingly, this has been tested to be really tough even against the fangs of the most notorious dogs that are inherently chewers.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
However, one of the most astonishing features of this bed is its memory foam that is plush and thick just like people use on their beds. Outer layer is water resistant and headrest is removable but both are indestructible and washable. To prevent movement, the bottom has non-skid features.
Designed to contain even two medium size dogs for the large size, it comes with four sizes so this can also be the special bed for your cats and pups. If your dogs like to lie next to each other, this bed will suit them fine and comfy and no worries they can shred it to pieces.
- Both cover and outer layer can resist water and are indestructible.
- Available in 4 different sizes: Small, Large, Extra Large and Serenity Lounge for the largest of dogs.
- Foam components: solid 4-inch memory foam for total comfort and to reduce joint pain, recycled ‘green’ polyfill, 65% polyester and 35% cotton twill.
- Water and tear resistant.
- Designed to provide comfort and rejuvenate dogs’ health and energy.
- Easy to assemble.
- Warranty: 12 months
- May smell of chemicals while new. Need to be “puffed up” before dogs use it.
3. K9 Ballistics LUXURY Orthopedic Memory Foam Bolstered Dog Bed with Waterproof Liner
This is actually not the right bed for active chewing dog so it is literally not chew resistant and should be given only to tamer dogs that only want to laze around and chill in its comfy bed. We have included this to give dog owners the option to check on a bed that offers great features.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Composed of 3 layers to ensure that this is solid enough and comfortable for your dogs to sleep on, it is also available in variable sizes to accommodate different dog breeds sizes. You might like its elegant designs and your dog may like it too.
- Premium construction with upholstery-grade microfiber siding and a sleeping surface made of luxurious faux fur.
- Layers composed of 2 1.5-inch orthopedic foam, 3.5-inch microfiber cover and single layer of waterproof liner to protect it from spills, saliva and urine.
- Dimension: 22 inches x 25 inches.
- Built to last for years.
- Elegant design to merge beautifully with any furniture.
- Perfect for large, heavy behaved dogs or dogs with arthritis or joint problems.
- Warranty: 10-year guarantee against flattening (chewing damage not included).
- Not designed to withstand digging, chewing or any destructive activities of dogs.
4. Kuranda Dog Bed – Chewproof – Walnut PVC – Indoor Bed – Cordura Fabric
This bed is literally chewproof that’s why a lot of dog owners call it literally the best indestructible dog bed. Designed to be resistant against chewers, it is made of tough tubular PVC for support and aluminum pipes to protect the fabric platform.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
These beds are used by shelters and rescues so they are practically tough, strongly structured and yet comfortable. With a raised dog bed, this helps prevent bad odor to develop while the dog won’t sink and won’t struggle to rise unlike the foamed floor-level beds.
- Available in different sizes and upgradable.
- Chew resistant even against aggressive chewers.
- Made of durable tubular support PVC and aluminum pipes for metal frame and platform is of ballistic nylon.
- Used on dog shelters and rescues.
- Raised orthopedic design to keep dogs cool and dry.
- Can support dogs up to 125 pounds.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Perfect for indoor use.
- Easy to clean.
- Outside Dimensions: 40x25x7 / Fabric Area: 37×22
- Warranty: 1 year
- Not very comfortable as foamed dog beds.
- Style is quite sacrificed.
5. K9 Ballistics TUFF Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed with Waterproof Liner – Ripstop Ballistic Fabric
If your dogs are light or medium chewers you really need a chew resistant dog bed. This K9 Ballistics Tuff is featured with an orthopedic memory foam and water resistant liner. Simple designed, you can quickly slide it near your bed or on your sala so that your dog won’t take the sofas.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
With a nylon cover that can withstand chewing, repel water and dog hairs and don’t absorb odors, it is also scratch resistant. And though it is best to use indoor, your dog can also enjoy it while outdoor.
- 90% chew resistant against light and medium chewers.
- Cover is made of super durable 1680 Denier Ripstop Ballistic nylon that is water, dirt, hair, scratches and chew resistant.
- Foam is 5-inch orthopedic mattress (1.5 inch memory foam atop a 3.5 inch dense support foam).
- Available in small to XX large sizes and various colors.
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use.
- Can retain its toughness in years.
- Guaranteed total support and comfort.
- Easy to clean.
- Warranty: 10 years against flattening and 90-day chew-proof warranty.
- Not suitable for strong heavy chewers.
It can be a big problem for any dog owner if he or she is keeping a chewer or a digger in his home. It’s not only expensive to buy dog beds but also frustrating. That’s why we have picked up these five dog beds which were all liked and most appreciated mainly by dog enthusiasts.
On my side, however, I picked up the PetFusion Ultimate Ped Bed & Lounge. This is because this can be so comfy for my big dog who loves to chew his toy right on his bed. I love the water resistance feature and of course its indestructible layers. I also appreciate its super soft 4-inch memory foam and kind of envy him for it.
My dog will eventually get old and because he is heavy, this will be the best indestructible dog bed for him that can support his body.
And though in terms of durability, the Kuranda Dog Bed would suffice my requirement for super durable and chewable resistant bed, I still prefer my dog to be laying on its own soft, warm bed.