When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
If you love your dog like many other pet owners then it is important for you to change some of its behaviors to make it friendlier to the environment of your home.
If you are not able to get success in this respect then you can use some of the other options available in the market to communicate with your pet while training it.
The PetSafeYard and Park Remote Trainer collars are one of the recently introduced dog training devices that can help you in training your dog in your home without using any leash.
The dog training collar reviews provided in this write-up will help you in knowing more about this dog training device more precisely.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
Table of Contents
Pros of Petsafe rechargeable dog trainer
- Customisable intensity of shock: This dog training collar is provided with facility to use vibration mode or waning beep along with adjustable settings of the shock levels so that the people planning to use it can make right decision. Some other collars used for this purpose can be harmless for the dogs like spray collars but they are mostly not preferred by pet owners due to their non-adjustable foul smell.
- Faster results: As per the reports received from various pet owners the unwanted behavior of their dogs can be rectified after just after few shocks. It can also helps in giving freedom to your dog as he can remain safe and secure within your property. Some dogs with stubborn nature may take some more time to change.
- Affordable: As compared to fence and professional dog trainers this training collar is very affordable as it contains features like adjustable shock levels, remote control and long adjustable cord to make it more convenient to use at a very reasonable price of less than $140.
- Presence of owner not required: The presence of the owner of the dog is not necessary while controlling its chronic habits through this training collar. It can also help in controlling your dog when your neighbour complains about it is loud barking in your absence. So if you have hands-on training to use this training collar then you can easily keep you dog within your boundaries. But whether you put on the collar to your dog or not you should leave it unattended out of your home for long time.
Features of Petsafe dog training collar
It can also helps you in controlling various annoying behaviours of your dog including pulling, digging and barking etc. along with teaching it the commands like heel, come, stay and sit etc.
It changes the behaviour of your dog just by pushing a button to send static stimulation or tone to the collar of your dog.
You can communicate with your dog through 8 levels of adjustable tones and static stimulations from a distance of 400 yards.
This dog training collar includes rechargeable batteries with good or low battery indicator along with remote control unit to train your dog more efficiently.
This training collar for active dogs is a durable, waterproof, adjustable and remote controlled 28 inch nylon collar that can be used for training the 8 pound and heavier dogs.
You can train two dogs simultaneously with this remote by using additional collar.
You can contact customer care professionals of Petsafe through call, chat or email as they are available for 6 days a week for resolving any of your collar related problem.
Petsafe is a reliable brand in the industry producing pet containment, behavioural and lifestyle products as they are helping pets and their owners since nearly fifteen years.
Specifications of Petsafe dog training collar 400 yards adjustable chord to train the dog with 8 pounds or more weight safely from up to 400 yards Rechargeable batteries with waterproof remote and receiver It can correct your dog comfortably through its eight levels of stimulations and corrections. Its negative and positive tone buttons allow you to train your dog as per your desires Customers’ reviews.
Most users of Petsafe dog training collar are satisfied with the result this training collar has provided them while changing the behavioral problems of their dogs.
Cons of Petsafe dog training collar
- Pain causing shock: The shock given by this collar to train the dog does not seem reasonable to many pet owners as it causes pain to them. You are using a compulsive behavior modification method even if you can control the intensity of the shock. Positive rewards are used by many dog trainers for the modification of dogs’ behavior.
- Dangerous fear: The dogs can be afraid of the shocks given by this collar. So you should avoid frightening it while changing its behavior. Some dogs start fearing from people, situations and objects linked with this training collar. Some dogs start urinating in the house, instead of going out, whereas some refuse to go outdoor after this training session due to the fear of the invisible fence used for this purpose.
- Excessive treatment: When the dog is trained to control any of its behaviors in your absence then the shocks given through the electric fences and training collars can be unnecessarily more than required, even if given unintentionally, which can confuse your dog considerably.
- Lack of positive rewards: Positive or good behavior cannot be enforced in to the dog by using shock training collars without giving some positive rewards like verbal appreciations, affection and tasty foods etc. Such rewards cannot be given by a training collar even if it can help in changing negative behaviors of your dog and teach it to obey some of the commands effectively. You can easily change certain behaviors of your dog by including positive rewards including tasty treats, playtime and affection while supporting its positive behavior through a device like Petsafe dog training collar.
Thus after going through dog training collar reviews provided in this write-up it can be concluded easily that Petsafe Yard & Park Rechargeable Dog Training Collar is an effective tool to modify the behavioral problems of the pet.