Table of Contents
- Welding Helmet Introduction
- Types of Welding Helmets
- Advantage of Using Welding Helmet
- Best 3 Welding Helmet Short Review
- 1. Jackson Safety W70 BH3 Grand DS Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- 2. Miller 251292 Classic Series 8-12 Variable Shade Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
- 3. Antra AH6-260-0000 Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- How to Buy the Best Welding Helmet
- Care and Maintenance of Welding Helmet
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Tips/Tricks for Buying Welding Helmet
Welding Helmet Introduction
Many people have job in the garage and working with the auto darkening welding machine. In the time of working, different kind of radiation comes out from the welding machine.
The welding arc emitted mainly two kinds of radiation such as Ultraviolet (UV) and Infrared (IR) radiation. These radiations are very harmful for human health especially for eye.
They can cause arc eye, inflamed cornea, retinal burns and finally lead to loss of vision. They can also damage uncovered skin and create sunburn like condition.
To prevent those problem a welding operator or welder should used welding helmet when perform welding. Now, question is that what is “Best Auto Darkening Welding Helmet”?
A Welding Helmet is a type of headgear used by welding operator or welder when performing certain types of welding to protect the eyes, neck and face from flash burn, infrared light (IR), ultraviolet light (UV), sparks and heat.
Best 3 Welding Helmet Short Review
1. Jackson Safety W70 BH3 Grand DS Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
If you looking for a best quality welding helmet with all around functionalities, then Jackson Safety W70 BH3 can be good choice for you.
This welding helmet features an auto darkening lens with optimum optical quality, variation of light transmittance and efficient diffusion. This welding helmet is made with high density plastic that is not only lightweight but also heat and welding splatter resistance.
It also comes with an all around protective headgear which ensures protection from the head to neck. This welding helmet also features a digital control panel that is easy to control and self explanatory.
It control panel contain only 3 buttons grind, torch and wield, so, anyone can easily adjust the shade of the panel. This great welding helmet also features delay, sensitivity and a numerical shade control for more technical adjustment.
This is an excellent welding helmet. It is very nice and works great. This is the best choice for you
The salient features of the Jackson Safety W 70 BH3 Grand DS Auto Darkenting Welding Helmet are:
- The dimensions of this welding helmet are 18.3 x 18 x 19 inches.
- Ratchet suspension – This feature allows to custom adjust the distance of the lens of the welding helmet from your eyes.
- Crown strap adjustment – a different form of adjustment of your helmet that allows you to lower or raise the helmet depending on your choice. This helps you to center your eyes with the viewing panels.
- This welding helmet is very light, only 1.24 pounds. So, anyone can put it head and work all day comfortably without worrying about being tired neck.
- This welding helmet also features flexible viewing angles.
- For longer battery use, this helmet comes with a solar panel.
- This welding helmet comes with a digital control panels inside the helmet which are very easy to operate.
Jackson Safety W70 BH3 Grand DS Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is an expensive welding helmet with high quality. Customer reports and reviews show that people like this welding helmet for its quality.
2. Miller 251292 Classic Series 8-12 Variable Shade Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
This welding helmet comes with an ergonomic and sleek design which ensures weld splashes and sharp foreign materials are slide off from the surface of the helmet.
This helmet is fully adjustable with auto darkening glass panel which powered by a solar panel, found in front of the helmet. This helmet is also lightweight (only 2.1 pounds) prevent unforeseen neck or back aches.
This excellent helmet provides full head protection including the ears and also covering the neck.
This is the great welding helmet for beginner. It is nice, works great and cheap price
The salient features of Miller 251292 Classic Series are:
- The dimensions of this welding helmet are 21 x 19.5 x 12 inches.
- This welding helmet comes with several layers of glass and it even comes with a visor.
- This welding helmet features Auto-darkening panelsthat only darken when activities of intense light flashing occurred. This feature allows you to see your working on clearly before and after you weld.
- This welding helmet comes with both battery and solar panel as a power source.
- The headgear of this helmet is equipped with durable detents to keep the helmet in place, this welding helmet is lightweight, only 1 pound.
- Despite being designed to be lightweight, this welding helmet is still functional.
- The Viewing Area of this helmet is- 5.15 sq. in – 3.75 x 1.375 in. (95 x 34 mm)
- This welding helmet features Variable Shades #8 – 12 and Light State #3
- Comes with two Arc Sensors – 1/10,000 sec. lens speed
- Features Sensitivity and Delay Control option
- TIG rating – 20 Amps
The only limitation of this welding helmet is that this product is less durable compare with other expensive welding helmets.
3. Antra AH6-260-0000 Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
The solar powered welding helmets have become efficient as they use quite less energy (using solar power) and generate top quality performance on welding.
Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet Auto Darkening has become popular for almost any welding jobs.
Customers mainly have interest to know the best welding helmets having its protection, auto-darkening features, the price and its features.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Check this welding helmet amazing features:
- Viewing Size and Lens
My favorite feature of this product is its magnifying/cheater lens which lets you see tiny welding problems which amazes me! The helmet includes quite wide viewing ranges that easily see any welding processes, it measures 3.86×1.78 inches.
- Flexible knobs and Grinding
This helmet has sensitive and adjustable knobs in case of emergency or welding problems. It is possible to wield numerous kinds of materials for grinding like Plasma, Arc, Tig, Mig.
- Warranty and Affordability
This product has a 1 year warranty and you can replace it if any manufacturing problem occur without any questions and is very affordable!
- Protection and Comfort
If there is any electric failure while welding, this product has an IR and UV protection. This product is very light, it only weighs 435 grams!
- Switching Time and Assembly
Only 0.00004 seconds from light to dark and less than a minute to assemble.
- Helmet Material
This helmet is made High Impact Quality Polyimide Nylon.
You are going to like this one; the price is low but it doesn’t imply you will get a product with only very low quality a feature which is a must if you are a welder. Everything from security to usability and comfort is made in this product. Whether you’re a professional or just a beginner, you are going to like this welding helmet. The auto-darkening feature helps to ensure your eyes are constantly shielded in the welding lights. And by the way this product is the #1 Best Selling Welding Helmet in Amazon!
To conclude this discussion about welding helmet, you are advised to do a proper research about the product and its brand before choosing and buying a helmet. Different customers have different needs and thus their reviews are differing from each other for the same product.
Each welding helmet has some advantages and disadvantages, may it be the quality and durability or the price. These helmets are important and buying proper ones ensure your eye protection and long term vision.
So, you should pick the best one by your budget. Remember that, these helmets don’t come in cheap price with best quality.
The most important step of any buying decision is that choosing and buying product through looking and feeling. So, you should try to the buying a welding helmet the shop.
If you purchase a product in online, that’s also fine but before purchase you should ensure about quality. We hope that, our Welding Helmet Buying Guide article would be a useful buying guide for you in your best welding helmet selection.