We’re here to talk about a special few weed eaters and we’ve chosen the best 3 corded weed eaters to review.
Table of Contents
- Best Corded Weed Eater Comparison
- Why To Choose a Corded Weed Eater
- Things To Consider When Choosing A Corded Electric Weed Eater
- Top 3 Best Corded Electric Weed Eater Reviews
- 1. Makita 18V LXT Corded String Trimmer
- 2. Black & Decker 3 in 1 Trimmer, Edger, And Mower
- 3. GreenWorks Corded String Trimmer
- Which One Is The Best?
Best Corded Weed Eater Comparison
Pricing table with id of "table_32" is not defined.
Why To Choose a Corded Weed Eater
- Corded weed eaters are great because as long as there is a power outlet nearby they never run out of power and you can keep going for as long as you need.
- They provide reliable and steady power.
- Corded electric weed eaters do not produce greenhouse gasses and other pollution.
Things To Consider When Choosing A Corded Electric Weed Eater
- Consider the job you are doing; corded weed eaters are great choices for around the house and for small jobs but may not be ideal for longer jobs.
- You are going to want to consider how much power the motor produces.
- Another consideration to be made is the weight as well as the size of the weed eater itself. The heavier and bigger it is the more you have to carry around.
- Is the shaft adjustable to allow users of any size to use the weed eater?
Top 3 Best Corded Electric Weed Eater Reviews
1. Makita 18V LXT Corded String Trimmer
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The Makita LXT is a really great string trimmer because the corded power delivers more than 7’800 RPM which means that you can cut through virtually anything.
Not only does it have great cutting power but it is also really light and easy to use with a great ergonomic design and weighing in at only 6.4 pounds.
So anybody can use it there is a telescopic shaft so that people of all sizes can use it.
And so the Makita can get anywhere it has an adjustable 5 position pivoting head to make things easier.
It even has a battery that can be used in times of need. Since it is corded there is also no need for gas and oil and getting more string off the spool is very simple with the no bump system.
One of the downfalls of the Makita LXT is that it is of course attached to an electric cord so it does always have to be plugged in.
Moreover it can be powered and operated by a battery but the battery must be bought separately and it doesn’t come too cheap.
2. Black & Decker 3 in 1 Trimmer, Edger, And Mower
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
The Black & Decker 3 in 1 is a really great item to use just based on the fact that there is really more than one tool included here.
It can be used as a trimmer to do some of the small parts of the lawn and cut brush and bushes, it can be used as an edger to give your lawn that nice manicured look, and it can even be used as a mower with wheels so you can do your whole lawn.
Another really great thing about the Black & Decker 3 in 1 is that it has an automatic spool feed so you never have to stop to get more string out of the trimmer; you don’t have to bump and it comes out by itself so there is no hassle for you.
Finally, this weed eater has a gear drive transmission that means it won’t bog down when things get tough.
One of the greatest disadvantages about this weed eater is that it does not even come with the very power cord that it needs to be turned on; the extension cord needs to be bought separately.
The only other thing is that if you aren’t used to it then it may be somewhat difficult to convert it from one tool to another.
3. GreenWorks Corded String Trimmer
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
One of the best features about this corded string trimmer is that it weighs a mere 7 pounds and thus it makes it very versatile and easy to use.
Another really impressive feature about the GreenWorks string trimmer is that it has a huge 15 inch cutting swath so that complete the on as quickly as possible; it has a dual line feed for double the cutting power.
This trimmer has an edging wheel too so it can make perfectly straight lines to make your lawn look just the way you want it to look.
Not only that but this trimmer is really great for small to medium sized yards.
One of the only bad things about the GreenWorks trimmer is that it isn’t really an ideal tool for larger yards.
Furthermore just like other models you will need to buy your own extension cord.
Which One Is The Best?
In our opinion the best string trimmer on the list is the Makita. The reason for that the Makita is the best one is because it provides optimal power, it’s light and easy to use, adjustable, and it’s just a great all around choice!