We are here once again to talk about some of the best weed eaters on the market.
Weed eaters can also be known as string trimmers and they are really convenient. They are a great tool for any landscaper and for any person wanting to do some lawn work and bush trimming at home.
Today we are here to talk about the 3 best gas powered weed eaters that are on the market today.
Table of Contents
- Gas Powered Weed Eater Comparison
- Why You Should Choose A Gas Powered Weed Eater
- Things To Consider When Choosing A Gas Powered Weed Eater
- Top 3 Best Gas Weed Eater in 2020 Reviews
- 1. Husqvarna 224L 4 Stroke Gas Powered Trimmer
- 2. Husqvarna 128DJx 2 Stroke Gas Powered Straight Shaft String Trimmer & Brush Cutter
- 3. Remington Wrangler Gas Powered Trimmer
- Our Pick
Gas Powered Weed Eater Comparison
Pricing table with id of "table_31" is not defined.
Why You Should Choose A Gas Powered Weed Eater
- Gas powered weed eaters can run for as long as you need them to; as long as you have gas to keep putting in the tank the engine will keep running.
- Gas powered weed eaters have lots of power; much more power than any battery powered or corded weed eater which means that they can cut through bigger things and do so faster.
- Since they don’t rely on a cord for power they are far more versatile and can go almost anywhere
Things To Consider When Choosing A Gas Powered Weed Eater
- You should consider how much gas the certain weed eater uses; higher gas consumption translates into more money being spent.
- Is the weed eater CARB compliant?
- How much emissions and air pollution does the weed eater produce?
- How heavy is the weed eater; too much weight means a harder job for you?
- Is the weed eater adjustable to meet different sized people’s height?
- Can the weed eater convert into other told for increased convenience?
- Does The weed eater have an easy start pull cord system?
- How much power does the weed eater produce and at how many RPM’s does the trimmer spin at?
Top 3 Best Gas Weed Eater in 2020 Reviews
1. Husqvarna 224L 4 Stroke Gas Powered Trimmer
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
This is a really great trimmer for any person to choose because it has some really great specs and features. The first really great thing about the Husqvarna gas powered trimmer is that it has a 25 cc 4 stroke engine which means that it produces tones of power and ensures that as much energy is converted into power as possible.
The next great thing is that it is ultra-light weight, it weighs in at only 11 pounds which means that you don’t have to worry about your arms tiring out before the job is done.
A really cool feature about this weed eater is that it has an air purge system that removes all air from the carburetor and the fuel system for easy starting. Not only that but it also has a Smart Start System for the engine which means that you won’t have to wrench out your arm trying to start your trimmer with the pull cord; it requires minimal effort.
Perhaps one of the best features about the Husqvarna is that it does not require any fuel mixing so you don’t have to mix oil and gas; just fuel it up and go!
There aren’t too many bad things about this trimmer; the only things that can really be said are that it isn’t specified whether or not it is CARB compliant and how much pollution is produced. As well gas powered trimmers tend to be somewhat loud.
2. Husqvarna 128DJx 2 Stroke Gas Powered Straight Shaft String Trimmer & Brush Cutter
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
This is another fantastic gas powered trimmer; it may not be as powerful as the previous one but it has some other really great features that more than make up for it. To start off it has a smart start fuel pump system which makes for really easy starting so you can actually get to work instead of just trying to get the machine started. It also has a great guard which shields the user from both grass and brush shrapnel from flying around.
Another great part about the Husqvarna 128 is that it is both a string trimmer and a brush cutter too. This means you can’t cut just grass but you can also cut some pretty thick brush too. And to make controlling it easier it even comes with a harness.
One of the best features about the Husqvarna 128DJx is that it is CARB compliant so you don’t have to worry about polluting the environment too much. And even better it utilizes E-Tech II technology for even further reduced emissions. It also comes with premixed fuel.
Ok, so some of the bad parts about this weed eater are that it does require the user to mix their fuel (It requires the user to mix gas and oil). Furthermore it is quite a heavy machine seeing as it comes with a harness.
3. Remington Wrangler Gas Powered Trimmer
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
This is the third really great option that we are here to talk about and it doesn’t fall short. One of the really great parts is that it doesn’t have a straight shaft, rather it has a curved shaft which makes it more comfortable for the users to operate. The engine is also really powerful because it is equipped with a 25 cc 2 stroke engine. And to get your engine started quick and without a fuss it comes with quick start technology.
Another really neat thing about the Remington Wrangler is that the trimmer head can easily be switched out so you can use a leaf blower, hedge trimmer, cultivator, and even more! The cutting head is also really great because it has a dual feed which translates into greater cutting power, not only that but it has an automatic bumping system too for optimized convenience. To top it all off it has a huge 17 inch cutting switch so you can get the job done quick.
The Remington String Trimmer and brush cutter really doesn’t have many downsides other from the fact that it is not carb compliant and has a pretty high emissions rating; it’s also quite heavy.
Ok, so the trimmer that we have picked as the best gas powered trimmer is the Husqvarna 128DJx. One of the main reasons for this is because it is environmentally friendly as it is CARB compliant and has a low emissions rating, something that you always want to consider when using gas powered equipment. One of the other deciding factors was of course that it doubles as a brush cutter so you know it has serious power, not to mention that the smart start system means you won’t have any trouble actually turning it on!