It can be said that owning the best push gas lawn mower is a prudent choice among all the kinds of mowers, except for the push reel products. The gas mower has a huge power and capacity to cope with any mowing request rather well. But, maintenance is, sometimes, a big question.
What is the gas lawn mower? – A gas product receives mainly power from a gasoline engine which is commonly generated by either a 2 or 4 stroke-engines. Basically, it’s more powerful than an electric mower. Relying on that, it is able to deal with large yards well and effectively.
You don’t want to be annoyed about the advanced technology and elegance of the electric models, right? The gas-powered products will become a perfect decision because you are not worried about charging battery or anything at all. Everything that you should do is to fulfill enough gas to run the mower.
In order to understand thoroughly, please take a look at our comprehensive gas-powered lawn mower reviews and look for one that is suitable with your demand.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Best Gas Lawn Mowers on the Market
- 1. Husqvarna 7021P Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower
- 2. Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Push Mower
- 3. Lawn-Boy 10730 Gas Lawn Mower
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Gas Lawn Mower
- What you should take notice of before buying the best push gas lawn mower
- Cutting swath’s deck size and width
- Clippings management
- The engine’s type and size
- Safety features and height adjustment
Top 3 Best Gas Lawn Mowers on the Market
1. Husqvarna 7021P Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower
The Husqvarna 7021P is powered by 160cc Honda GCV160 and equipped with a fuel tank (its capacity of 0.98 quarts). It has a 6 level cutting height adjustment ranging from 1.5-inch to 3.5-inches.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
In addition, it also provides a 21-inch cutting blade and 12-inch rear wheels that could support you to maneuver in uneven terrains. Interestingly, this product could be stored easily and simply. Furthermore, its weight is about 102 pounds and its warranty is 2 years.
2. Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Push Mower
Be powered by a 140cc Briggs and Stratton Engine, the Poulan Pro PR500N21SH receives a high evaluation about its engine. This model comes with a 21-inch cutting deck and 12-inch rear wheels that might move through uneven and rough areas.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
Especially, it’s rather lightweight than other gas mowers (about 35 pounds). Therefore, you might have a comfortable feeling when controlling it. Additionally, this product is equipped with a side discharge and mulch.
3. Lawn-Boy 10730 Gas Lawn Mower
The Lawn-Boy 10730 is powered by Kohler engine. The 21-inch steel deck – a product of Tri-Cut cutting system – might bring a nice and healthy cut for the grass. The high rear wheel 11-inch will help you handle well with unlevel areas.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
In addition, this model comes with 3-in-1 discharge ability so that you are able to mulch grass and clippings back to the lawn fast and efficiently.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Gas Lawn Mower
Actually, consulting about the gas mowers’ pros and cons is rather important. Therefore, we will enumerate a list of some points that you should pay attention to.
- The gas products are used to handle tough and high grass thanks to their powerful engine. All that you just do is to add enough gasoline before mowing. Importantly, you don’t feel worried about batteries or power cords anymore. These products often operate for a long time.
- These models have a great capacity in moving because they don’t need to be linked to a power source.
- If you own the large lawn with more than one-third of an acre, picking up the gas-powered mowers will be an ideal choice.
- Using these models is relatively safe than availing the electric ones in case that you’re careless.
- In addition, almost all of the gas products are normally less expensive.
- Your yard will be full of smoke and noise after utilizing the gas lawn mowers. They emit the carbon dioxide in the environment as well as creating annoyance to the neighbors.
- The average weight is rather heavy, so you, sometimes, might feel difficult-to-use or spend a long time to start or check the fuel carefully.
- Due to its large size, these products need a big space for storing.
What you should take notice of before buying the best push gas lawn mower
You need to answer a couple of questions before buying a lawn mower. First of all, how big your yard is and what your yard’s terrain is. Then consider whenever you want to mulch, bag, or discharge the clippings.
The mulching function will chop the grass into pieces so that it’s absorbed into the lawn with ease. Meanwhile, discharging the clippings gives the nutrients back to the lawn as a natural fertilizer.
Whenever answering the 2 questions, it’s time to seek for the suited lawn mower. Here are some features that you should pay attention to carefully.
Cutting swath’s deck size and width
The biggest benefit of the gas mower is that it provides enough power to give a much wider cutting swath than reel or electric ones perform.
Therefore, you need to take care of its feature beforehand. Normally, almost gas-powered machines bring the 20” to 24” cutting swath. The wider it is, the less time you have to cut the grass.
Some mowers just offer one or two options in storing the clippings when cutting. Even some has just one option. For instance, you want the clippings discharged out the side of the mower, you can pick up the gas machine with one option.
In case that you prefer to bag the clippings in order to dispose in the compost bin or mulch the clippings back into the yard directly. Generally, it depends on your different wishes.
The engine’s type and size
The engine is rather important whenever coming to choose the gas lawn mowers. Most of the gas mowers have 2 stroke engines; meanwhile, some has 4. If your yard is average, it’s the best way to come with a 2-stroke engine.
Keep in mind that the kind of engine will bring 2 vital things as power and weight. Therefore, you should take notice of the grass’s type to choose the right mower.
The small engines, even on the gas products, will face a little of difficulty when mowing the thick grass. Work out carefully in order to buy the mower that provides enough power.
Safety features and height adjustment
Noticing the height adjustment will help you deal with the grass better. For example, if the grass’s tall is 6”, you need to choose the mower’s height below 2” or 3”. Experts advise that you should pick up the tool that its height adjustment is between 2 – 4 inches.
Additionally, you have to take care of safety features before buying. They often consist of a childproof starting mechanism that permits you to insert a key before operating the mower. It’s rather significant in case that you have kids around.
Furthermore, select the gas mowers with rubber flap at the rear wheels to prevent wreckages or rocks from being injuring your feet when mowing.
Confidently we’ve supported you to give a right choice about choosing the best push gas lawn mower. There is just a few of information to assist you through the whole collection process and come up with the most suitable product.If you like this article, please rate it.