So, your search of push reel lawn mower has brought you to this site – a very suitable place so that you are able to look for a good one at this time.
A push reel mower (or also called many different names like manual mower, hand mowers, people powered mowers, or manual reel mower) is described as a grass-cutting tool with no inner power source.
Right now, let’s consult useful information about the best reel lawn mowers for 2016!
The main power will be coming from a person behind it. Well, if you want a good-looking lawn, a pleasurable moving experience, and a fresh air, your final decision will stop at picking up the reel mower.
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Push Reel Lawn Mower Recommendations
1. Fiskars Staysharp Max Reel Mower
The Fiskars 6201 Max Reel Mower is considered as the great tool that offers the sharpest grass-cutting. Its features are powerful; moreover, it also creates less amount of friction for blades.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
Owing to that, you could keep the blades sharpened about 5 years or so. In addition, you might adjust the height from 1-4 inches to mow the lawn as you love.
2. Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower
The classic Scotts Push Reel Mower will attract buyers for the first time because of its simple features. This mower consists of a 20-inch reel mower with 10-inch dual tracking wheels and rugged radial tires.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
Besides, it also has 5 heat-treated steel blades which are extremely sharp in order to offer the mower an easy exact cutting and effective performance. Especially, you enable to select from 9 grass heights and set up from 1-3 inches via a quick-snap height adjuster.
3. GreenWorks 25052 16-Inch Reel Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks 25052 Reel Lawn Mower will be an appropriate tool for your small or medium sized lawn. The 16 inches cutting path will make the moving work promptly and more effectively.
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
Furthermore, you also alter the cutting height from 1 1/8 – 2 1/4 inches so that you can get your desired height cut. In addition, the 10 inches front wheels and 2 inches rear roller will make the mowers feel easy and comfortable when moving the lawn.
Pros and Cons of Push Lawn Mower
Any product has its advantages and disadvantages, so try to look at several concerning information about the manual reel lawn mower below.
- Be pretty quiet. You don’t have to listen to a loud noise from any old gas-powered lawn mowers when choosing the reel lawn mower for your yard. The sole sound that you just hear is “snip-snip-snip” as the grass is cut.In addition, you don’t make your neighbor feel uncomfortable when you’re mowing. It sounds interesting, right? You enable to work in the early morning or too late in the evening or anytime you love without being afraid of any complaint.
- No pollution. When using the manual reel lawn mower, you don’t need to take care of releasing any exhaust. It’s definitively safe for your surrounding environment.While using gas-powered lawn mowers will create too much pollution as well as noisy. Just control these machines for 1 hour; your small lawn will be full of smoke. Therefore, picking up the reel lawn mower will be the best choice.
- Be safe. Surely, using the reel lawn mower is safer than using the others with motors because it’s hard to lose control of the reel mower. You need to keep your children safe when controlling the mower with the engine in the lawn.
- Be pleasing. You will take about 30-40 minutes for mowing your lawn with the push reel mower. It’s definitively suitable for those who love as working as doing exercise at home.Besides, the price for this product is not expensive. Just spend a walk on selling pages online i.e. Amazon.com, you can pick up a very appropriate one for yourself.
- Easy-to-use. The manual reel lawn mower is lightweight, so it’s rather easy to push and mow than availing the gas-powered ones. Interestingly, applying the reel mower does not only help your grass’s health but make your lawn look beautiful.
- Take too much time. To those who don’t have too much time in mowing, the reel mower might not be suitable because they need to spend nearly an hour to mow their small lawn (8,000 square feet).Meanwhile, if using the mower with the motor, it just takes about 25 minutes. In case that you own a larger lawn, not only do you spend too much time but also your power.
- Just use for some particular types of grass. Not almost the push reel mowers can cope with thick grass or some particular kinds of grass i.e. Bermuda, Zoysia (Japanese lawn grass, aka Joysiagrass, and Korean lawn grass), and St Augustine. Though, there are some reel mowers with adjustable blade and high ground clearance might work well with the thick grass.
- Be unsuitable for large yard and 2-foot tall weeds. Certainly, if your yard is more than 1 acre, using the reel mower is unpractical. In addition, you need to know that its design is just for mowing grass, not tall weeds.Therefore, to avoid the development of weed, you have to mow frequently to make your grass become strong and healthy; whereas the weeds will be weak.
Here are the best top-rated push reel mowers that anyone might avail to design and create a new outlook for their own lawn. No matter what you’re a newcomer to this realm or not, you will attain whatever you want instantly and then take the most appropriate mower for your own aim.
Interestingly, you can recognize that the mowing procedure will be an easy and exciting task rather than a stressful one like the others imagine. These reel lawn mowers are the best recommendations and suitable for your own budget. Check them it again and take one for your need now!