Businesses now usually don’t have the time to actually have their labor cut their vinyl out for them. Therefore, most of them have now bought vinyl cutting machines, which actually help cut out vinyl sheets for them.
Available at a highly affordable rate, in all shapes and sizes, you can choose the one you need for your office easily. The cutter works fast and takes your work productivity to a whole new level. Also, these cutters ensure the shape you set stays as it is. Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.com
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Vinyl Cutting Machines on the market
- Why do you Need These Machines?
- Top 5 Vinyl Cutting Machine Reviews
- 1. Vinyl Cutter USCutter MH 34in BUNDLE
- 2. USCutter 28-inch Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand and with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software
- 3. Silhouette Portrait
- 4. Silhouette Cameo + Vinyl, Tool Kit, Pix Scan Mat
- 5. USCutter 28 in Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand and VinylMaster
- Best Vinyl Machine for Cutting T-Shirts
- Cricut Explore Electronic Cutting Machine
- Best Cricut Machine for Cutting Vinyl
- Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
- Vinyl Cutting Machines Buying Guide
- Bare Bones cutters
- High end cutter
Top 3 Vinyl Cutting Machines on the market
Why do you Need These Machines?
If you’re in the plastic sheet making business, you will obviously know that yards of sheets need to be cut into different sizes to go out for sale and marketing.
Therefore, these vinyl cutting machines ensure this task is done in time. Since these are self-adhesive, there has been a lot of demand for them in the printing world until recently.
If you’re in a big firm, catering to this demand shouldn’t be a problem since you can get a bigger cutting machine. However, even if you’re working at a smaller scale, these cutting machines can really help you fasten your business up, and are great for making greater profits on investments by saving up on labor costs.
Most printing businesses have these cutting machines which help them get their orders out on time or in times of emergency from the clients. Many people can simply get letters cut out of these cutting machines as well, without any help as well!
Top 5 Vinyl Cutting Machine Reviews
1. Vinyl Cutter USCutter MH 34in BUNDLE
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
If you are new to the Vinyl Cutting game this is the cutter for you. This cutter comes with two pinch rollers that can be adjusted to meet your every need. Couple that with the Roland compatible blade holder and you have a machine that will let you try out some of the most affordable blades on the market.
The 34 inch vinyl cutter comes with a ball-bearing roller media system, and a host of other materials that allow you to cut almost any size, even o.5” H.
However, the machine does have a few downsides. For instance, it doesn’t perform well when dealing with intricate designs, especially as it has no laser. Though it may be easy to put together, the instructions are pretty vague, so you may have to do a lot of figuring things out for yourself. Additionally, it is rather large, therefore, before you buy it you have to ensure that you have the space to keep it.
However, despite the downsides, this is a fantastic piece of kit to own, especially if you are a beginner and want to learn more about Vinyl cutting.
- Capable of handling a wide range of materials
- Easy to navigate through the software
- Roland compatible blade holder makes it economical
- Assembly instructions are vague
- Does not show the trace so you may waste material
- Warranty void is you lose the original box
2. USCutter 28-inch Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand and with Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
This is one of the best vinyl cutters you will find on the market today, and has a range of features to help you get the best results from any vinyl cutting procedures you may want to carry out. For instance, it comes with two fully adjustable rollers that allow you to easily dictate the length and width of whatever it is you are cutting.
It also comes with three blades, meaning that you will not have to worry about getting new blades for at least a couple of months, even a year. The stand on the USCutter 28 inch is one of those accessories that you may take for granted, but that many companies leave out when they are selling their cutters.
However, there are a few downsides to this product. For instance, unlike its bigger brother (above) it does not come with any materials to help you start off, which can be a minor inconvenience. Additionally, it setting it up is not as easy as it looks, and the assembly instructions are not the clearest on the planet. All this considered, this is a fantastic machine for the casual hobbyist or enthusiast.
- Fully adjustable rollers mean that you can control the length and width of your designs
- Extra blades mean that you don’t have to worry about replacements
- Stand is a welcome accessory
- Manual is vague and does not give much useful information
- Assembly instructions are not clear
- Does not come with any materials, so you have to purchase your own.
3. Silhouette Portrait
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
If you are new to the cutting game and are on a little bit of a tight budget then the cutter for you is the Silhouette portrait. This fantastic vinyl cutting machine will get you on your way to being one of the best vinyl cutters out there, and best of all, it doesn’t only work with vinyl.
It can cut over 10 different materials, including vinyl, allowing you to try out your designs on other materials before you do the final draft on vinyl. It also comes with over 40 different design options that you can experiment with as you learn how to use the cutter so that you do not have to start from scratch. However, if you would like to make your own designs, you can do so quickly and easily right from the start.
There are a few downsides to this brilliant cutter though, the largest of which is its size. It is rather small, and therefore you will have to limit the size of your designs if you would like to purchase this machine. Additionally, it is not very durable, meaning that you are going to have to think of an upgrade or replacement sooner than you think.
However, besides its faults, this is a brilliant machine to get, especially if you are an amateur looking to delve into the world of vinyl cutting.
- Allows you to use multiple materials, not just vinyl
- It comes with preset templates
- Small size means that it is easy to store
- Small size means that you cannot cut large designs
- Durability is an issue
4. Silhouette Cameo + Vinyl, Tool Kit, Pix Scan Mat
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
Among the wide range of vinyl cutters out there, one of the names that stands out is the Silhouette Cameo. This affordable vinyl machine is one of the best in its class, and comes with a host of accessories to make your vinyl cutting experience simpler.
For instance, it comes with a PixScan mat and 100 presets to help you on your way to becoming a vinyl cutting genius. It also comes with a touch screen that is easy to use, and helps you bring out the best in your designs. The four pens can be switched out for the blade to help you sketch your designs first, rather than go straight into cutting, which helps you to gauge the end result of your design.
However, there are a few downsides to owning this cutter. For instance, it has a tendency to freeze while you are cutting, which can compromise your designs. In addition, the mat does not remain sticky for long, and the vinyl that the machine comes with is not the best quality.
- Easy to move and store thanks to its small size
- Comes with $25 worth of downloads
- Pens help you to sketch your designs before you cut
- Occasionally freezes in the middle of cutting
- Blade could be better
- Vinyl kit it comes with is of low quality
5. USCutter 28 in Vinyl Cutter Plotter with Stand and VinylMaster
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
As far as vinyl cutting machines go, this is one of the best you can get, especially for the price you pay for it. The USCutter 28 in is a fully adjustable cutter, which allows you to work with a host of other materials easily, not just Vinyl. As the blade holder is Roland Compatible, you do not need to worry about breaking bank when the time comes to replace the blades, as Roland blades are some of the most affordable on the market.
When it comes to actually cutting your materials, the USCutter 28 in makes it so much easier for you, by allowing you to place your material on the top of the roller, rather than through it every time. This saves you a lot of time, and allows you to concentrate more on your designs.
However, there are a few downsides to this product. The first and most pressing one being the complicated set up. Though setting up the machine is supposed to be easy, some users took almost 45 minutes just to figure out how to set up the thing. There have also been complaints that the instruction manual that comes with it is “a joke” and does not give you any useful information.
- Easy to use program allows you to get to work quickly, especially if you are a beginner
- Fully adjustable cutter lets you customize your work to a stunning degree
- Materials can be placed on top of the roller, saving you time
- Motherboard is prone to developing faults after a few months.
- Set up can take longer than expected
- Manual is not very helpful
Best Vinyl Machine for Cutting T-Shirts
Cricut Explore Electronic Cutting Machine
If you are looking to design and make your own custom t-shirts, then one of the best ways you could choose to do so is with the Cricut Explore electronic cutting machine. This is one of the most versatile cutters you will ever get, and is capable of cutting a wide range of materials, from vinyl, to cards and of course, cloth.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
When it comes to design, the Cricut Explore comes with a host of images and projects that can be downloaded to your machine to help you get started on any project that you would like to embark on. The best thing about the free images and projects is the value; at $100, that is a lot of free content for you to be able to get your hands on when designing t-shirts.
However, do not let the fact that you get free images and projects make you feel like the Cricut Explore will stifle your creativity, as this machine allows you to upload and cut your own designs for free, including any SVG files that you may have. This gives you the freedom to explore your creative boundaries, and even edit and save some of the preset files.
One of the best things about this product’s software is that it is free for life, and does not need any paid upgrades to be able to continue running. It is also very easy to use, and allows you to get your work done quickly and efficiently.
There are a few downsides to this product though. For starters, though the software is free and easy to use, it is also entirely web-based, meaning that you will HAVE to have an internet connection if you would like to use this cutter. Additionally, you cannot adjust the knife for different materials, you will have to switch out the whole thing if you would like to adjust parameters like blade length.
- Can cut more than 50 different materials
- Software is free and easy to use
- Large database of images and projects included
- Web-based program means that you cannot use the machine unless you have internet
- Blades cannot be reconfigured and have to be replaced for different jobs
Best Cricut Machine for Cutting Vinyl
Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
The Cricut Explore series is an upgrade of Provo craft’s previous offering, the Cricut Expression 2, and it is a huge improvement. The CriCut Explore Air is one of the best machines in the series, and is made even more appealing by the fact that it works wirelessly, meaning that you do not have to worry about where you are going to place it due to cable reach. Should you need additional connectivity, this vinyl cutter also has Bluetooth capability, though you will have to buy an adapter to activate it.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
The Cricut Explore Air can cut over 50 different materials, and allows you to cut, draw, and score your designs, giving you finer control of everything that you want to cut. It also comes with dual clamps that allow you to cut and draw at the same time, and allows you to print then cut, giving you even more control of your designs.
- Can cut over 50 different materials
- Long lasting carbide blade from Germany
- Comes with free access to online software
- Have to buy an adapter for the Bluetooth
- It requires an internet connection to function
- Design software is not good at creating custom shapes
If you are looking to begin creating designs using a vinyl cutter, then any of the machines listed above would be an excellent place to start, especially the Silhouette Portrait, as this is the cheapest model and will allow you to get a feel of what you are doing.
However, if you would like to have the freedom to satisfy your curiosity, then any of the Cricut machines would be an excellent choice. Though they do have a couple of downsides, the wide range of materials that they are capable of handling means that you will be unrestricted, and you will be able to create designs for virtually any material you choose.If you like this article, please rate it.