Whilst a wood router is a single most versatile power tool in woodworking, the router table on the hand is a versatile platform that will append a higher level and a new dimension to woodworking. Anyone who is serious about pursuing woodworks will definitely need a router table. It so functional, that it makes any project much easier. So the question now is – how do you choose the best router table for your woodshop? Find out what are the features a router table can offer through products reviews. So, here is a review of one of the best selling router table by Bosch.
This is a great router table for price. It is very solid and durable router, nice and work properly
Table of Contents
Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table: Main Features
The Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table has been in demand in the market because it provides features that can make any woodworker’s life easier and more convenient. The following are the main features of this amazing router table.
- Tall Aluminum Fence
This feature includes an adjustable MDF face that allows ease and efficiency in using long and tall stocks, making any woodwork smoother and trouble-free.
- Accommodates a Wide Variety of Routers
This router table is customized and has an aluminum router mounting plate to mount a variety of router hassle free. It is pre-drilled so all you have to do is mount your wood router.
- Smooth Sturdy Table
The table provides a large area to work on and offers better control when working with stocks.
- 2 Dust Collection Ports
This router table has 2 dust removal ports that can fit standard 2-1/2 vacuum hoses, making your work area cleaner and keeping dust to minimum.
- Cabinet Style
The cabinet style reduces noise produced during the operation, making your woodshop more conducive and a more productive working area.
- Sturdy Plates
The insert plates stays perfectly still during the operation providing accurate and precise cuts.
- Accessory Slot
Of course you would always want an accessory for your router table to create beautiful workpieces every time. This router table has a slot that can fit any accessory with a ¾ in. x 3/8in. deep. This is so versatile that it can accommodate featherboards or a miter gauge.
- Dual Outlet Switch with 6 power cord
The plugs are installed inside the router table where you can plug the dust system and the router. The switch is on the table that makes it accessible to start or end the whole operation with just a button.
+ 2 featherboards
+ 1 clear guards that can be adjusted
+ 1 starter guard and pin
+ 2 1/16in. thick out feed fence shims
+ 3 sets of mounting plate insert rings
+ Hardware for mounting Bosch routers
The router table measures 25-1/2 x 14-1/2 x 15-7/8 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 42lbs., with a maximum fence opening of 3-3/16 inches and a throat opening of 3-5/8 inches.
Benefits of Using Bosch Router Table RA1181
True to a worker’s saying that “if it is difficult to bring the tool to the work piece, why not bring the work piece to the tool’. In this regard, this router table provides a workable area where you can securely mount your wood router. This gives you a higher level of control during the operation rather than just holding the router. It allows you to move the work piece conveniently towards the cutter without worrying about the weight, vibration and the torque of the tool. The noise reduction and the dust collection system make any work place neater and more conducive to work on.
- This router table by Bosch is one of the sturdiest and most durable in the market.
- You get more value for your money – an excellent table for the price point.
- It is light weight and easy to assemble
- This router table is made by Bosch, a trusted company who manufactures high quality tools and equipment.
- The cabinet provides extra storage for other items other than the router and reduces the noise produced.
- The cabinet and fence are MDF which is preferred because it doesn’t distort easily, with proper care and maintenance this router can last for years.
- It cannot accommodate all brands of router, sometimes you have to redrill the mounting plate to fit other routers.
- The laminated table top easily damaged and cannot manage to pass wood across for long term. The plastic borders easily stick up above the table surface.
- Some parts of the router table are made of low quality material that is not sturdy enough for long term use.
RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table from Bosch has its minor flaws that can be remedied by a skilled woodworker. The product has great features that can make any wood working job easy and smooth. Overall, I give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars.
A router table is an indispensable part of a woodworker’s shop. Someone who is serious about pursuing woodworking as a hobby or a profession definitely needs one. Before purchasing a router table you have to research and read reviews of the product. This will help you get more value for your money. The Bosch RA1171 Router Table is still a great buy.