Looking for a powerful band saw has definitely become easier, thanks to the influx of many impressive models in the market today. Some of them, however, stand out more than others. One of the models that have been gaining a lot of attention and good reviews is the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw.
Table of Contents
- Dimensions: 50.5 x 40 x 17.8 inch
- Item Weight: 352 lbs
- Cutting Capacity: 7 x 12 inch
- Motor: ¾ HP, 115 volt
- No load speed: 85, 130, 180, 285 fpm
- Warranty: 2 years
This is a great industrial saw capable of cutting steel with proper blade. I am very happy with my purchased
Design and Build Quality
The JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw is undoubtedly a robust tool that is clearly designed to last for many years down the road. The bed and bow are made of cast iron, ensuring durability even for highly demanding jobs. Even the gears and smaller components are of high quality, proving how the manufacturers and designers of this unit put a lot of attention to its construction and design.
Unlike the bench top model Rikon 10-305 Band Saw, the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw is a full size band saw, and it shows. It is stable and inarguably heavy at 352 pounds which, just like the Rikon 10-305, is made of steel.
Highlights of JET 414459 HVBS-7MW
It’s time to whip out your list of the key features of the best band saw and see how the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw compares by checking out what it has to offer.
- Ultra powerful and dependable motor: This band saw from Jet is powered by a UL-listed ¾ horsepower and 115 volt motor, which pretty much guarantees a more than satisfying performance.
- Variable blade speed settings: The speed of the blade of this unit can be set manually, depending on what is required for the task at hand. Choose from among 85, 130, 180 and 285 feet per minute. This lets the machine cut through various types of materials, from wood to aluminum, steel, and other metal.
- Effective and efficient cutting capability: This horizontal/vertical band saw has a cutting capacity of 7 by 12 inches and a throat depth of 5 inches. Cutting teeth are on both sides, giving it a lot of flexibility. The hydraulic down feed also makes the cutting more reliable than ever.
- Adjustable components for customization: This band saw allows users to make the necessary adjustments to its roller blade guides as well as the material stop.
- Offers user control: The swivel vise of the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw boasts a wide clout, and can swivel up to 45 degrees, allowing for more flexibility and giving users more control while cutting. The 4 wheelsattached to it also makes it easy to roll around to suit your purposes.
If you take care of this band saw and observe the many tips on maintaining a band saw, you are sure to get a lot of years out of it with no problems at all. To add to user protection, however, Jet attached its Red Assurance 2-Year Warranty to this product. This means that, for a period of 2 years, major repair, routine maintenance, and parts acquisition and replacement can be performed by any JPW Industries Authorized Service Center, subject to the applicability of certain terms and conditions.
- One of the strongest points of the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw is its versatility. It can take on a wide variety of jobs, ranging from small and light home cutting tasks to larger scale construction and industrial work.
- It can be used as a horizontal or a vertical band saw, so it’s like getting two power tools for the price of one.
- Aside from fast cutting, the cuts made by the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW are clean and precise, showing consistency even after being made to cut through a large amount of material.
- Its fuss-free assembly and simple operation makes it a winner, especially for amateur band saw users. The instructions are prepared in such a way that they are easy to be understood.
- Many band saw users hate having to clean up after. The chip tray of the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw effectively keeps the workspace clean and dust free while cutting is going on.
- Accumulation of debris is prevented because of the easy maintenance design and tray. This ensures that dirt buildup will not happen to hinder the cutting process.
- Its Auto Stop mechanism, which automatically stops the band saw once cutting is done, is a good safety feature.
- It also comes with a coolant, which prevents the machine from overheating after too much use. This way, it also effectively prolongs the life of the band saw.
- The JET 414459 HVBS-7MW is quite heavy, which is a turn-off for many who prefer taking their jobs to different places.
- It is also on the large side, so it requires a larger space for users to operate in. It requires a floor space of 20.5 inches x 49.5 inches by 38 inches. Similarly, it also needs a bigger space for storage.
- Many users have observed how the blade used on this unit, particularly on heavy and demanding cutting tasks, get worn out faster, thus requiring frequent blade replacement.
If you are going to invest in an ultra-reliable and high performing band saw, and you do not mind spending a few dollars more, then the JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Band Saw is an excellent choice. It is versatile and flexible and can be used for practically any cutting job you may have in mind, and it is also sure to serve you well even after several years, giving you more than your money’s worth.