Everyone in woodworking wants to create woodwork that will make others appreciate it. Doing a perfect project is not easy without a router and of course a router table. The router table is an amazing addition to your workshop. It assists woodworkers to do precise routing to achieve visually aesthetic products.
The SKIL RAS900 Router Table is yet another great product from Skil who has been manufacturing quality tools and equipment since 1924. This router table is one of the top sought tables because it is convenient, functional and easy-to use. Below are the main features of this table you must check out.
This is a great starting out router table for the price. It works great for what it is
Table of Contents
Skil Ras900: Main Product Features
- Foldable Design
Skil Ras900 is preassembled with minimal setup required. Its legs are foldable which makes it easy for storage.
- Laminated MDF Surface Finish
Smooth MDF laminate finish allows smooth gliding of workpieces to the cutter with ease. This enables clean and precise cutting of stocks.
- Starter Pin and Guard
Once you get this awesome router table you will not have a hard time cutting curved edges, this comes with a starter pin and guard that will assist you route curves with precision.
- Dust Port
The dust collecting system of this table is so efficient that it collects dust and chucks of wood and keeps your work area so clean.
- Quick Clamp Router Mounting
Among all table routers, the SKIL RAS900 makes it easy to change bits without the need of leveling. It doesn’t have the usual insert plate with screws; instead it is equipped with an easy mount plate where you can easily fit a router bit and locks in a snap.
- Bit Height Gauge
The bit height gauge assists in routing accurately and efficiently. It adjusts the router during the set up and when there is a need during the operation.
- 2 Built in Accessory Boxes
This router table comes with accessory boxes where you can put other tools and equipment for a much more organized work area.
- 2 Featherboards
This table comes with 2 featherboards that will help guide workpieces for precise and accurate routing.
- 2 Way Adapter Switch
The two way adapter switch underneath the router table allows you to switch on or off your router with just a click.
27.7 inches x 17.7 inches x 9.5 inches, weight: 32.7
Benefits of Using Skil Ras900
The SKIL RAS900 SKIL Router Table is one of the best selling tables in the market. Its innovative features make any woodworker say “wow”. Its foldable design is perfect for small work area. It can be easily stacked up in a cabinet or a shelf. The quick clamp mounting allows fitting the router trouble and hassle-free. The dust collection system which collects both dust and little chunks of wood makes your workspace clean. Overall, all the awesome features were well thought of. To be honest, there are a lot of benefits you can rip off from this great product from Skil.
- Its foldable design is a perfect solution for small work spaces, it allows for it to be stack up easily in a shelf or a cabinet.
- It is preassembled thus setting it up comes without a hassle, it only takes 20-30 minutes to assemble the product.
- It can accommodate other brands of featherboards.
- The 2 way adapter switch can conveniently turn on your dust collector system as you turn on your router.
- The 2 accessory boxes are very convenient for storing wrenches, screws and other tools.
- With the basic features of a router table and its additional innovative design makes this router table a very good deal.
- The price for this router table is very affordable which cost a lot more less the other counterparts.
- The fence and the featherboards are securely placed on the router and it is sturdy enough to handle large workloads.
- Not all brands of router can be mounted on this table.
- Its foldable design is also its downside. Being foldable makes the base of this router table weak, unable to handle heavy workloads. It flexes even under a modest weight.
- The plastic tabletop deflects easily when working outdoors.
- The accessory boxes are poorly designed and very hard to open.
- Using these router table needs some time getting used to.
The SKIL RAS900 SKIL Router Table could have been “the perfect router table”. There are minor adjustments to make it a little more stable, sturdy and durable. Despite its innovative features like the foldable design and the quick mounting clamp make this router table unique, these are also the reasons why this table may not be a good buy. The foldable legs, makes the base weak and the quick mounting clamp does not allow many brands of router fit in. So, we give this router table a score of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Every woodworker needs a router table and every router needs a router table. It is important to choose every tool and equipment in your workshop smartly. Woodworking is not easy as it looks, besides a worker’s skills and experience the choice of router and router table is very important. This combo will make routing fun, easy and convenient.